Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of connectivity help please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

This sort of thing might suit you ?

http://www.dabs.ie/products/western-digital-tv-hd-live-media-player-usb-2-68PH.html

there are probably better versions of the same yoke out now - that one is no longer available

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for that. I was looking at the WD live tv hub alright, seems like it might be the best option to go with. I'm just not sure if I can connect it to my projector as the projector has quite dated input options from what I know and I'd be connecting the audio to a separate set of multimedia speakers, so not fed through the projector itself..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've drawn this diagram :o

Hopefully it will better explain. So I have the current set up and looking to replace my current argosy 500gb media player with some sort of hub which I'll be able to connect a WD 2tb external HD to via usb and view the media from that. Whether or not the media hub has any internal space isn't really important, if I can get it cheaper by not having any space and still being able to read from the WD 2tb passport, that would be preferred as all the recent data will be on the WD 2tb, I can't imagine myself using any network methods of transferring files.

6esxuH.jpg

Advertisement