Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2013

Options
  • 11-03-2013 7:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    Launching on Wednesday March 27th!

:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Any rumours as to who's playing this year, as in headliners?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Probably out of their budget but after getting a big dance act as a headliner last year (2 Many DJs) , lets follow that up with Basement Jaxx :D:D:D:D . I can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

If you're talking DJ wishlist Nicky Romero, Hardwell, Nervo, Steve Aoki......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

sasha and digweed. chemical brothers. hernan catterneo. Now that's dreaming!

How's about this for cornering the marketplace? Bastille have been announced to headline not one, but two festivals here in Ireland this summer.

Dan Smith and co will play both Sea Sessions in Bundoran, and Cork's Indiependence.

Bastille currently sit atop the UK album charts with debut effort Bad Blood, with latest "Pompeii" due to be playing on any number of radios right about now.

Indiependence takes place on the August Bank Holiday weekend (2nd,3rd & 4th) with early bird camping tickets, costing €70, and available until 5pm on the 27th of this month. That's the same date that they'll announce the full festival line-up

Similarly, Sea Sessions are due to reveal their full roster on March 21st, with the festival itself running from June 21st to 23rd.

• Advertisement

Actually INDIE have not said they are headlining

Why wait any longer. We are delighted to announce that current UK chart toppers Bastille will perform at INDIE13. Full line up details will be announced on March 27th with €70, 3 day camping early bird tickets remaining on sale until 5pm on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Actually INDIE have not said they are headlining

Is the festival on the same weekend as Oxegen?

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Is the festival on the same weekend as Oxegen?

Yup August bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bastille confirmed so far for the festival taking place from the 2nd – 4th August at Deer Farm, Mitchelstown, Co Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Would love to see Kodaline announced - 2ManyDJs were amazing last year so hopefully a good dance act will be there too :)

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Would love to see Kodaline announced - 2ManyDJs were amazing last year so hopefully a good dance act will be there too :)

Id be amazed if Kodaline are not there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Fingers crossed anyway would love to see them there - were they there last year?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Fingers crossed anyway would love to see them there - were they there last year?

Not sure tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kaislinn

Not sure tbh

Pretty sure they were on the bill! They've got last year's line up on their site, have a look... Can't wait for the line up :D

kaislinn wrote: »
    Pretty sure they were on the bill! They've got last year's line up on their site, have a look... Can't wait for the line up :D

Ah you are right , they were on the bill last year . Can see them on the Main Stage this year if they play

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

I'd like to the see the Strypes added next week

What are the chances of these headlining? Kinda hope for either Sea Sessions or INDIE :)

What are the chances of these headlining? Kinda hope for either Sea Sessions or INDIE :)

I wish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Woops, wrong thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

Any tickets for the launch night for boardies....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭lc180

Just a thought but.... isn't the launch date for INDIE the same date Biffy are playing the o2???

Could be considered good timing to announce a festival appearance as it wouldn't affect tickets sales for their own show...

Anyway... just a theory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

looks like you were right

https://twitter.com/Indie_pendence/status/316242446117896193
    Another act currently number 1 in the charts! #indie13

Kodaline are no.1 in the singles chart this week.
    http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

As announced / leaked by KC on Today FM yesterday, Kodaline will play one of only a couple of Irish summer dates at INDIE13. Currently No.1 in the Irish charts, they played their first ever festival at INDIE12 and we are delighted to have them back this year! You have just over 24 hours to get the last of the early bird tickets, just sayin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Do they normally release day tickets for this event? Would like to see Kodaline, but €70 per ticket would be a bit of a stretch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I don't think they do day tickets could be wrong, but its one of the best value for money festivals in the country well worth a look imo.

ncmc wrote: »
    Do they normally release day tickets for this event? Would like to see Kodaline, but €70 per ticket would be a bit of a stretch for me.

They've replied to Facebook comments and stuff stating that they do release day tickets in July, but it depends on availability...

I'd agree about it being one of the best value festivals in the country, if you've got it, it's 70 quid well spent in my opinion :D

Anyway, hope you get to see them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

We certainly do release day tickets but it won't be until July.

The launch is tomorrow in Cork & Dublin and the line up will be available from 7pm approx. We'll be announcing further headliners after tomorrow also. I can honestly say we've never had a reaction to early bird tickets like we've experienced since we put them on sale. It's given us a great morale boost in a year with so much choice for punters to spend their hard earned. Long may it continue too, choice is great for punters and raises the bar for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the replies re day tickets, it's not that I think the tickets are too dear, they're not, I actually think they are very good value. It's just with work etc, I think we would only be able to get there for one day.

Sounds like a great line up so far, will have to consult my bank account and see if I can stretch to the weekend tickets!

We certainly do release day tickets but it won't be until July.

The launch is tomorrow in Cork & Dublin and the line up will be available from 7pm approx. We'll be announcing further headliners after tomorrow also. I can honestly say we've never had a reaction to early bird tickets like we've experienced since we put them on sale. It's given us a great morale boost in a year with so much choice for punters to spend their hard earned. Long may it continue too, choice is great for punters and raises the bar for everyone.

Last year was my first year to go and if can get a few people to go again this year ill be there with bells on . Great atmosphere and great price

Also going by Twitter looks like we might be getting a new stage

Indie_pendence Indiependence 25 Mar
    We're turning this area into the Bier Halle Stage. Trust us, we know what we're doing! #indie13 pic.twitter.com/gtE3HsWNR6

BGOpQprCEAAuct2.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Extremely excited :D

Advertisement