Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardas wife attacked in home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Was he under the bed?

(insert sarcastic smiley here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Was he under the bed?

She was home alone and her children were asleep upstairs, it must have been very scary for her, it's not a laughing matter tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Well done the Independent for disclosing where he was. They'll know where to look next time.

HondaSami wrote: »
    She was home alone and her children were asleep upstairs, it must have been very scary for her, it's not a laughing matter tbh.

Did I laugh?

I hope they are considering moving or at least stepping up security. Either way it's pointless. If they want him, they will find him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

That is disgusting. Big brave armed men. Each of them would probably shít their pants if they met the detective one on one and unarmed.

• Advertisement

Did I laugh?

I hope they are considering moving or at least stepping up security. Either way it's pointless. If they want him, they will find him.

Why would they move?
    if they wanted him that bad they could have got him on the way to work. It's easier terrify a woman than to confront the man. Fcuking cowards.

Why would they move?
    if they wanted him that bad they could have got him on the way to work. It's easier terrify a woman than to confront the man. Fcuking cowards.

I agree they are cowards.

AFter that ordeal do you think she will feel safe again there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Where To wrote: »
    Well done the Independent for disclosing where he was. They'll know where to look next time.

In fairness we are talking about criminals who didn't think to wait for him to actually be at home before attempting to kidnap him, i.e., the dumbest criminals in the entire universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

luckily Alan Shatter is on top of this and giving the gardai all the resources they need, this coupled with his legislative reform and prison reform plans should help stop these scum in their tracks!

I agree they are cowards.

AFter that ordeal do you think she will feel safe again there?

Probably not, i think it would be impossible to feel safe anywhere, to be targeted because of your partners job is unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

If that woman had a gun I bet they wouldnt be so quick to try that again.

luckily Alan Shatter is on top of this and giving the gardai all the resources they need, this coupled with his legislative reform and prison reform plans should help stop these scum in their tracks!

Could you explain the connection between proposed pay cuts and this specific incident? Or are you just talking shit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

humbert wrote: »
    Could you explain the connection between proposed pay cuts and this specific incident? Or are you just talking shit?

you are pleasant are you not?

i will not be engaging your nastyness in conversation.

Probably not, i think it would be impossible to feel safe anywhere, to be targeted because of your partners job is unfair.

I agree.

Once someone makes it into your house all perceived security and safety in your home is gone. What can you do to get that back, not much.

As some people have said. If they wanted the husband, they would have got the husband. It looks to be more the case of sending a message to the copper himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Big Bottom wrote: »
    If that woman had a gun I bet they wouldnt be so quick to try that again.

If she had a gun I'd bet they think twice about entering her house.

Or at least they'd think twice about entering her house without a gun.

Seachmall wrote: »
    If she had a gun I'd bet they think twice about entering her house.

Or at least they'd think twice about entering her house without a gun.

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

But at least they'd think twice....

catallus wrote: »
    But at least they'd think twice....

That's the important thing, anything that happens after that is inconsequential.

When you're dealing with cowards offence is the best form of defence.

I dunno man.

If they are determined and know what your defense is...then they will just upscale their offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

could be a mix up
    the garda station in the area is most likely closed
    so the lads went to the gaf to get him :D i would make a great solicitor :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Was he under the bed?

This isn't really a laughing matter. I assume you never had a wife / girlfriend / mother / sister / daughter.

This isn't really a laughing matter. I assume you never had a wife / girlfriend / mother / sister / daughter.

No none at all.

I really should put in the sarcastic smiley at the end of some of my posts.

Let me clarify, my first post was sarcastic. Like many people have pointed out already, you wouldn't force your way into someones house to kidnap them when they were not there.

If you plan to kidnap someone that means you should at a very minimum know their routine. You dont force your way into a house then demand to know where the guy is you want to kidnap.

I dunno man.

If they are determined and know what your defense is...then they will just upscale their offence.

And did these guys not just upscale their offence?

This is the reasoning of the predator. They don't care if you're ready for them. They'll be ready for you.

What do they care if you are armed or not? It isn't really a part of their thought process. If they have a gun they'll bring a gun.

So she should go to their houses next?
    If they have a gun they'll bring a gun.
    And unless she answers the door with a gun she's just escalated the situation without improving her defenses.

And even if she does she's just now opted into a gun fight inside of a house where her kids are.

So she should go to their houses next?

Well as stupid as this (your statement) sounds, somebody should.

I like your thinking.

And did these guys not just upscale their offence?

This is the reasoning of the predator. They don't care if you're ready for them. They'll be ready for you.

What do they care if you are armed or not? It isn't really a part of their thought process. If they have a gun they'll bring a gun.

Yeah that's what I was saying.

She can have a gun all she likes. They will just bring two guns or bigger guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

That is disgusting. Big brave armed men. Each of them would probably shít their pants if they met the detective one on one and unarmed.

It is disgusting alright but more than likely they are scumbags who fight all the time, what makes you think they are chicken ****s?

deisedave wrote: »
    It is disgusting alright but more than likely they are scumbags who fight all the time, what makes you think they are chicken ****s?

It's more comforting to think dangerous criminals are more afraid of you than you are of them.

Like cats. Big, violent, armed cats.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Bitcoins!

If gardai and their families are no longer safe in this country, what hope do regular families have ?

Yeah that's what I was saying.

She can have a gun all she likes. They will just bring two guns or bigger guns.

It is not what you are saying at all. You're saying she should have no form of defence because the cowards will have a form of offence to counter-act that. And you conclude that the best form of defence is not to have any defence. Which is nonsensical.
    It's more comforting to think dangerous criminals are more afraid of you than you are of them.

Like cats. Big, violent, armed cats.

And some people think it's cool to fight and act like a hard man but behind it all they **** their pants when someone stands up to them. Probably someone like the Garda, whose family they terrorised when they couldn't have not known he wasn't home.

It is not what you are saying at all. You're saying she should have no form of defence because the cowards will have a form of offence to counter-act that. And you conclude that the best form of defence is not to have any defence. Which is nonsensical.

Where did I say she shouldn't have a weapon? I'm just saying what it leads to....shut your nonsense. Telling me what I am "saying" and "concluding".

The only defence now is for the Garda to find these cnuts and kill them....how's that for concluding.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Blackbush1905

SB2013 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gang-beat-up-gardas-wife-in-sinister-attack-on-home-29108532.html

A particularly sinister incident in my view. Add this to the recent case of the politician who tried to hire a hitman to kill a Garda and it's becoming more evident of how dangerous the job is.

What was this about politician hiring hitman to kill gardai? **** if thats true the republics even more ****ed up than i thought it was

And some people think it's cool to fight and act like a hard man but behind it all they **** their pants when someone stands up to them.

Undoubtedly there are plenty of people like that but assuming these two guys are cowards because they act like sociopaths is a bit unfounded.

Sociopaths are born cowards. They can't interact with the world in an acceptable way. So they kick against it because they are born in fear.

To "send a message" to their enemy by attacking their family?

Come on.

• Advertisement

To "send a message" to their enemy by attacking their family?

Come on.

You deny the above statement?

What other possible reason would people break into a house to kidnap someone who wasn't there? I doubt it was a case of "stupid criminals". To carry out a planned kidnaping you need to know where someone is.

It is more likely that these guys broke into the home to let the Garda know that the could do it any time they want to. The hazyness and unconfirmed motivation for the crime already suggests that this particular Garda has something on someone or is too close to something so should take a step back "or else".

I could be very wrong but it's plausable, you have to agree to that.

No different than a bullet in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

That is shocking my heart goes out to the poor woman and her family. What cowards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

You know exactly what that post meant. Don't be a knob and try to derail a thread and instigate an argument.

You deny the above statement?

What other possible reason would people break into a house to kidnap someone who wasn't there? I doubt it was a case of "stupid criminals". To carry out a planned kidnaping you need to know where someone is.

It is more likely that these guys broke into the home to let the Garda know that the could do it any time they want to. The hazyness and unconfirmed motivation for the crime already suggests that this particular Garda has something on someone or is too close to something so should take a step back "or else".

I could be very wrong but it's plausable, you have to agree to that.

No different than a bullet in the post.

I don't know why they would feign risible ineptitude by asking where he was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

What was this about politician hiring hitman to kill gardai? **** if thats true the republics even more ****ed up than i thought it was

http://www.irishnews.com/news/ex-politician-accused-of-trying-to-hire-hitman-is-refused-bail-1235978
    Gary O'Flynn was brought before Cork District Court where he faced three separate charges of soliciting an under-cover garda to kill.
    It is alleged the intended victims were Detective Garda Mary Skehan, an official of the Revenue Commissioners named George Ross and accountant Patrick Sweeney.

I don't know why they would feign risible ineptitude by asking where he was.

Agreed,

I am just, like the rest of us, speculating. None of this incident makes sense.

maybe they were just going to give him a straight forward beating.

You know exactly what that post meant. Don't be a knob and try to derail a thread and instigate an argument.

Every time something happens to a Garda someone comes along with this diatribe about Shatter which is nothing to do with the matter being discussed. I wasn't trying to derail the thread(just the opposite in fact) or start an argument.

They asked where he was to make it clear to him they know where he lives and to scare him.

Like to see the look on their face if that woman pulled a gun on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Blackbush1905

SB2013 wrote: »

and they want NI as ****ed up as it is to join this bananna republic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

That poor woman! Its an absolute disgrace!
    Its worrying how much the scum walking around this country don't have any fear of authority!

I hope the woman, her husband and their children recover fully from this ordeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

personally i think this is an indication the these Detectives are being very effective in their work.
    hopefully this woman and her children will recover fully from the invasion of the scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

didn't know there was gangs prepared to do this kind of stuff in Mayo of all places. republican dissidents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

Agreed,

I am just, like the rest of us, speculating. None of this incident makes sense.

maybe they were just going to give him a straight forward beating.

i think you'll find that most of these scumbags do not hold PhDs. as somebody said earlier, they are only capable of interacting with society through violence, intimidation and threats.

this little escapade is just another example of that inadequacy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement