Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling servers

Options
  • 05-03-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've 5 Power edge R710 servers i'm loooking to sell. I've listed them on adverts but am wondering is there a mure specfici site for selling server?

Also what kind of price should I be lookign to sell them for?

the spec is:
    1 PE R710 Rack Bezel

2 0.6M Rack Power Cord C13/C14 12A

1 High Output Redundant Power Supply (2 PSU) 870W, Performance BIOS Setting

1 Sliding Ready Rack Rails with Cable Management Arm

1 Riser with 2 PCIe x8 + 2 PCIe x4 Slots

1 iDRAC6 Enterprise

1 Dual Embedded Broadcom 5709 2P GbE LOM with TCP/IP Engine (4P TOE) and iSCSI Offload

2 73GB SAS 10k 2.5" HD Hot Plug

1 8GB Memory for 1CPU (4x2GB Dual Rank RDIMMs) 1066MHz

1 Intel Xeon E5504 Processor (2.0GHz, 4M Cache, 4.86 GT/s QPI), 800MHz Max Memory

1 C8 MSS R1/R5 for PERC 6/i, Min. 2+3 Max. 2+4/2+6 Drives, Max. Number depends on chassis

1 PERC 6/i RAID Controller Card 256MB PCIe, 2x4 Connectors
    5 300GB SAS 10k 2.5" Additional HD Hot Plug

1 Intel PRO 1000VT Quad Port Gigabit Network Card, PCI-E

1 16X DVD+/-RW ROM Drive SATA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'll give you 20e for the lot if you can deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Seeing as last year, you'd pay 5K for each server, and you have almost no IT knowledge, I'd have to ask who provided them to you to sell, and were they authorised to do so.
    And I imagine that they haven't been cleaned of company data before being provided to you.

Really. Double check with the owner because there could be serious legal issues with selling these on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ressem wrote: »
    Seeing as last year, you'd pay 5K for each server, and you have almost no IT knowledge, I'd have to ask who provided them to you to sell, and were they authorised to do so.
    And I imagine that they haven't been cleaned of company data before being provided to you.

Really. Double check with the owner because there could be serious legal issues with selling these on.
    Sent you a PM, what make you think I have no IT Knowledge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Okay lads, no offers here please. Keep it on topic, the OP is looking for a specific site for selling hardware. Nothing else belongs in this thread.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

ebay it
    We dont have a big market here for second hand servers

• Advertisement
Advertisement