Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10000mAh USB Battery Pack Charger for £26 was £75

Options
  • 23-02-2013 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

For charging phones, tablets and other devices off USB. Handy for traveling. Free delivery comes to about €30.65

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

new lunkgot this 1 : <mod snip no short url as per rules> only 5200mAh but nice very small battery with torch light (LED). Very handy and useful to charge my SGS2 and iPad2 on the go (survive 18hrs travel to Singapore) and it's only £13.97.

New Link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MXJZ62

Sorry got short url from amazon mobile app before because it to long to type in.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

erie wrote: »
    got this 1 : <mod snip no short url as per rules> only 5200mAh but nice very small battery with torch light (LED). Very handy and useful to charge my SGS2 and iPad2 on the go (survive 18hrs travel to Singapore) and it's only £13.97.

New Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

I have a similar one to the top post with same mAH. Its awesome. I get three full charges outta it on a HTC Desire HD. Great for a weekend camping or music festival! thats also a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

MJ434 wrote: »
    New Link?

Would be nice.. (what's a short url?)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Would be nice.. (what's a short url?)

A short url is like bit.ly/dada it then redirects onto the website. Used to make money off advertising as far as im aware. Fixed link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Dazza wrote: »
    A short url is like bit.ly/dada it then redirects onto the website. Used to make money off advertising as far as im aware. Fixed link

The link isn't broken in the op I posted and never contained short links just to be clear. Its the second post that had that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Jet Black wrote: »
    For charging phones, tablets and other devices off USB. Handy for traveling. Free delivery comes to about €30.65

Link

Thanks, picked one up. Travel a lot for work and use the ipad for all my entertainment - magazines, shows, games, etc. Great to not have to worry about finding a plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Picked one up as well thanks. I can see it coming in fairly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

erie wrote: »
    got this 1 : <mod snip no short url as per rules> only 5200mAh but nice very small battery with torch light (LED). Very handy and useful to charge my SGS2 and iPad2 on the go (survive 18hrs travel to Singapore) and it's only £13.97.
    MJ434 wrote: »
    New Link?
    I had bookmarked the actual Amazon page.

There are other more powerful ones listed in a drop-down menu on that page.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Heres a 14000 mah one with a torch off everyones favorite chinese cheapshizzle site delivered for about the 27e mark..

http://dx.com/p/5v-14000mah-dual-usb-portable-external-battery-w-flashlight-for-iphone3-3gs-4gs-ipad-2-more-179055

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jet Black wrote: »

Link

Bit sceptical of the 75 quid price when it was always 32.99 on Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Ladeger%C3%A4t-Sensation-Thunderbolt-Handy-Anschl%C3%BCsse-schlankes/dp/B0067XRL56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361879363&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Camelcamelcamel says it was only ever full price for about a day. Has been in the £35 range mostly. Price its at now is lowest it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I will buy many things from China, but two things I wouldn't are batteries and flash memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

gerryk wrote: »
    I will buy many things from China, but two things I wouldn't are batteries and flash memory.

Hi,

If you don't mind, can I ask you why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Can we just call it 10Ah not 10000mAh. Bit redundant, no?

imtdub wrote: »
    Hi,

If you don't mind, can I ask you why?

Way too many ocurrences of counterfeiting and general poor quality. Many 'cheap' Chinese products are factory seconds that are repurposed, the 808 cameras being a good example. In this case, a second means that it didn't pass muster for use in a phone, but is fine in a <$10 miniature camera. Flash memory that doesn't pass QA can fail at any time, and lithium batteries are basically tame bombs... not something you want to cut corners on.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Could you charge up an ego-c twist battery and other types too with an external battery pack and if so is there certain amps,volts,ohms that come into play so you dont damage the batterys,cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement

Do you really want to take chances with cheap LiPos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGtRgBUHX8

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Do you really want to take chances with cheap LiPos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGtRgBUHX8

He shorted the lipo battery,any lipo battery that you short will do the same thing regardless of price.Lipo batteries are pretty safe once you charge them carefully .

I get that. The point I was trying to make is that when things go wrong with LiPos, they tend to go catastrophically wrong. The cause of the failure is not the point, the fact that it will destroy anything nearby, including bits of your person, is.

There have been many cases of LiPos failing without obvious cause before, even legit ones. Personally, I would minimise the chance of said failure by buying from a known brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I get that. The point I was trying to make is that when things go wrong with LiPos, they tend to go catastrophically wrong. The cause of the failure is not the point, the fact that it will destroy anything nearby, including bits of your person, is.

There have been many cases of LiPos failing without obvious cause before, even legit ones. Personally, I would minimise the chance of said failure by buying from a known brand.

Yep, you have to be careful, i.e. if you charge your lipo bank with car battery don't hit it with crowbar

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

i

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

damon5 wrote: »
    i

Couldn't have put it better myself...:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

i dont get this.

Cant you charge any tablet or smartphone off a laptop or desktop anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

damon5 wrote: »
    Could you charge up an ego-c twist battery and other types too with an external battery pack and if so is there certain amps,volts,ohms that come into play so you dont damage the batterys,cheers.

im gonna try this on an ego battery if mine arrives before weekend.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

welkin wrote: »
    i dont get this.

Yes, you can, but there are many situations where this can be handy.

For instance I often go on week long hikes in the wilderness! No power, yet I've a charger similar to this, it allows me to keep my iPhone running the whole week with no power plugs in site.

I use my iPhone while hiking to keep in touch with folks at home, plus I use the GPS and maps on the phone.

I admit however that a small/lighter model would probably be more useful just to help you get through a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

welkin wrote: »
    bk wrote: »
    Yes, you can.
    Not really e.g. some tablets need 2+ amps. I don't think you will get this from a PC or laptop USB socket.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement