Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options
  • 22-02-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

https://www.facebook.com/PODPresents/posts/433149473428428

"Bulmers & POD LIVE Presents : Forbidden Fruit Festival 2013. The Dublin City Centre Multi-Stage Music & Arts Festival. Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd June Bank Holiday Weekend At The Royal Hospital Kilmainham.

The Forbidden Fruit Festival is returning for another Bank Holiday feast of music, art and comedy this June in one of Dublin’s most beautiful settings on the grounds of the Irish Museum of Modern Art.

This year’s festival details including line-up will be announced on Tuesday 5th March with tickets going on sale Wednesday 6th March."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Super , thought it was not going to happen with longitude in marley park.. happy days:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see someone like Kraftwerk playing FF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think I would bust a nut if Kraftwerk were playing just up the road from my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some sort of mix of Primavera and Field Day, and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I love Kraftwerk and they're fantastic live, but their show would suffer from the early curfew. They're doing some sort of 3d thing at the moment and I doubt it would look anywhere near as good in daylight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Was this not going to Cork and Galway this year as well?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Only realised, it's only a 2 day festival this year.

Id say throw in Nick Cave aswell

Was this not going to Cork and Galway this year as well?
    according to Hot Press in the days after last year. never any official quotes or anything AFAIK. I doubt it was actually a serious consideration (if even true at all), given that it didn't even sell out last year, and there isn't enough of a market for it outside Dublin.
    Only realised, it's only a 2 day festival this year.
    i'm happy enough with that, 3 days last year was a bit of a slog, nice to have the bank holiday Monday to recover, like the first year. also probably means a slightly reduced ticket price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I'm hoping for Nick Cave as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

won't be kraftwerk, last show in Sydney is the 28th May, and this is one act that definitely do not rush!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

ive a feeling kraftwerk will be at longitude as theyre playing t in the park the same weekend plus theyre rumoured for latitude festival

shed head wrote: »
    won't be kraftwerk, last show in Sydney is the 28th May, and this is one act that definitely do not rush!!

Ah right so id say EP unless Longitude grab them

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

JJ wrote: »
    I think I would bust a nut if Kraftwerk were playing just up the road from my place.

Just need a time machine
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2008/09/08/kraftwerk-move-autobahn-from-roundwood-to-dublin-8/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

according to Hot Press in the days after last year. never any official quotes or anything AFAIK. I doubt it was actually a serious consideration (if even true at all), given that it didn't even sell out last year, and there isn't enough of a market for it outside Dublin.

I think POD released a press statement.

Forbidden Fruit is now firmly established in the festival calendar and following on from the huge success of the 3 day weekend festival which took place in IMMA, Kilmainham, Dublin promoters are now looking to bring Forbidden Fruit to other locations in Ireland. They are currently looking at sites in Cork and Galway to replicate Ireland’s first multi stage urban festival for 2013.

“The atmosphere on each of the three days was second to none and the standard of performances from all the acts was amazing across the weekend. We were particularly pleased to see the massive success of the newly added comedy stage, the Chuckleberry Lounge. Plans are already afoot for Forbidden Fruit 2013.”

here's the Optimus Primavera lineup for the same weekend. a good few acts from Primavera last year played FF that weekend too, so i'd imagine a few of these will ultimately play....

VtXaiXp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

not a bad lineup that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭lc180

Le Galaxie mentioned a few times online that they're playing Dublin in June. They were great last year and are a big POD favourite so i reckon they are a sure thing for FF this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Longtitude is getting booked for the weekend defo!

FF, 2 days this year, kinda glad, monday was a tough aul day to get through last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

So wait, will there be 1 day in Dublin and 1 day somewhere else, or how is it working exactly?

• Advertisement

hoping for a slightly more adventurous lineup from FF than the Latitude one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

hoping for a slightly more adventurous lineup from FF than the Latitude one tbh.

Same. Some tasty bands on the Primavera and Field Day lineups so here's hoping...

So wait, will there be 1 day in Dublin and 1 day somewhere else, or how is it working exactly?
    2 days in Dublin, Saturday and Sunday, same place as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Aphex Twin and Atoms for Peace as headliners please and thanks.

I'm looking forward to the line-up this week. Has there been any rumours on who the headliners will be??

Personally I'd be a little disappointed if Nick Cave & TBS is one of them but they are the real stand out artist from the Field Day & Primavera Porto line-ups I could see headlining at FF.

Any word on the street about the line-up?

lc180 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the line-up this week. Has there been any rumours on who the headliners will be??

Personally I'd be a little disappointed if Nick Cave & TBS is one of them but they are the real stand out artist from the Field Day & Primavera Porto line-ups I could see headlining at FF.

Any word on the street about the line-up?

Id be happy with Nick Cave tbh , maybe through Madness in the picture and you will have me sold :)

Id be happy with Nick Cave tbh , maybe through Madness in the picture and you will have me sold :)

I'm just not a huge fan of them but there will be 2 other stages to choose from so not too phased if they headline. Madness could be a lot of fun tho!

lc180 wrote: »
    I'm just not a huge fan of them but there will be 2 other stages to choose from so not too phased if they headline. Madness could be a lot of fun tho!

Madness are a perfect band to see , seen them a few years in the O2 and its hard not to have fun especially with a few beers in ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

AC/DC!

David Bowie!

Prince!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Mr.S wrote: »
    Any predications for tomorrow?

Someone will complain about it on the internet? :pac:
    It'll probably be me.

Advertisement