Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-02-2013, 09:59   #1
duffman21

Painting a sitting room - Colour Schemes....

Hi all,

About to start painting the sitting room, and my partner wants to paint it a soft shade of grey and paint the chimney breast a shade of red. To be honest I'm a little unsure on the colour scheme so I was wondering if people where able to share some pics of their own colour schemes in their sitting rooms (or an rooms really) i find it hard to imagine what a room will look like using testers and colour charts.

Thanks
Advertisement
21-02-2013, 10:14   #2
getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman21 View Post
Hi all,

About to start painting the sitting room, and my partner wants to paint it a soft shade of grey and paint the chimney breast a shade of red. To be honest I'm a little unsure on the colour scheme so I was wondering if people where able to share some pics of their own colour schemes in their sitting rooms (or an rooms really) i find it hard to imagine what a room will look like using testers and colour charts.

Thanks
when i worked for a large paint company ,we would build a small cardboard copy of the room the customer wanted painting,we then could change the colour of the walls to meet his taste, you can also try the B@Q web site,i believe that now you can see the colours as the look in a room and change them as you wish,
21-02-2013, 10:53   #3
paddy147
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman21 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks
Grey and red can look well together.

Our house has every room painted with at least 2 colours..kitchen/dinning area has 3.

A few sampler pots and some pieces of A4 paper painted in the various colours and then stuck up with blu-tak is always a good way to do things.

Look at the colours on the walls in natural daylight and also under house lights too.

Then make your decision.

Simples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0075.JPG (1.08 MB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0284.JPG (1.13 MB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0128.JPG (1.18 MB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0360.JPG (1.09 MB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0483.JPG (712.8 KB, 71 views)
(3) thanks from:
21-02-2013, 11:04   #4
duffman21

Thanks guys

(cheers for the pics Paddy)
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text