Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goggles4u.com prescription spectacles €6.75

Options
  • 20-02-2013 8:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

www.goggles4u.com have glasses for €10 $8.88. Pick a $0 frame, add the basic minima, use '5OFF' as a coupon & usps shipping at $6.93 = $13.18 $8.88

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The code 5OFF takes a fiver off the price.

I have a pair here for $1.95. Grand Total: $8.88

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

:eek: that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I don't seem able to order them without adding $5 anti reflective coating?
    Ah, never mind, was selecting more expensive frames. The 6.75 includes the anti reflective and shipping. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

At €2 per eye, you might as well splash out and treat yourself! :D

Thanks OP, my current pair were getting a bit scuffed and this will do very nicely. The only thing I hate about goggles4u is the way you spend ages finding the frame you like, and when you go to reorder it's discontinued, sometimes after only a few weeks. I know they must be constantly shopping around for the cheapest possible suppliers, but [insert first-world problem meme here...]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

cheers op , got sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭rod1983

Just ordered thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Do all of ye guys have a recent prescription handy for entering details or what?

I know my contact lenses power but eyes are more detailed.

Could I just get an eye test of Specsavers for €15, get a copy, then get a pair on this site for $12 delivered? Sounds good to me if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ You can indeed. Have a read of this recent thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

The code 5OFF takes a fiver off the price.

I have a pair here for $1.95. Grand Total: $8.88

this code doesn't seem to be working anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

is that code still working? everytime i try to use it i get a not valid response

• Advertisement

That code is gone at this stage. Looks like they caught on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Worked for me. Anyone get a confirmation email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Thanks snubbleste, got two pairs last night. Looks like the code is gone now, and the cheapest lenses (1.57 CR39 Lenses - $6.95) appears to have gone up, so a pair that was $8.88 is now $18.83.

Lets hope it isn't another debenhams debacle! :D

Checked today and it says order complete. How long for delivery?
    Only email i got was thanking me for my order and a link to check the status.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've used them a few times. It's usually fulfilled elsewhere and can take anything up to a month to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

snubbleste wrote: »
    That code is gone at this stage. Looks like they caught on.

No catching on at all, they regularly have deals with glasses that cheap. Recently bought 5 pairs for 60 odd quid including shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Any idea how long delivery should take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

it does take a few weeks from what I can remember, I ordered and still waiting on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Grand so am I, had forgotten I ordered a pair until this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I got a confirmation email right after I ordered abouy two weeks ago but have heard nothing since, is this normal?

• Advertisement

Delivery takes up to a month as pointed out previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Got mine today. Cheers OP.

Got mine, thanks again op :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Code doesn't work any more but I still went ahead and bought a pair anyway. Still pretty damn cheap! :)

Got my three pairs of glasses on Thursday and first impressions were very good as the build quality seemed very good but when I put them on my eyes started to hurt and took a good few seconds to focus. I know there is a little breaking in time to get used to a new prescription but the they said in Specsavers that my new prescription has hardly changed so it shouldn't take long to get used to the new ones. I persevered with them over the weekend but still the same results. I have a splitting headache all day and my eyes are really sore. When I can home I put my old glasses on and the relief is unreal. Has anyone had any problems with getting the wrong prescription put into glasses by this crowed. I scanned in my prescription so it's not as if I entered anything wrong. I saw that the glasses come from the UK via Pakistan so might work out more than the cost to send them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Scrutinise the prescription you scanned. Some details might not be clear. I have seen this before on Specsaver scripts.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I put the PD down wrong on an order and got similar results... could kind of see okay, but the eye strain was immense.

The PD isn't included on many prescriptions, so you sometimes have to ask what this figure is or measure it yourself.

O/T
    Last time I was getting my eyes tested, I specifically asked them what my PD was. I saw her write it down on their own form... but on the prescription they gave me it was a different number! :eek:
    It'll be interesting to see which is right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

+1 on the PD measurement causing issues, specsavers didn't put my PD on the little card they gave me with my prescription on. Measured my own, well the missus did and is definitely different from my last pair of glasses but not a problem for me so far, wearing them getting on a week

Thanks for that information. There is nothing on the prescription about PD. Is that pupil distance by the way and do you measure it from center of pupil to pupil? Did you have any luck with goggles4u replacing them for you or is it a case of chalking it up to experience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Thanks for that information. There is nothing on the prescription about PD. Is that pupil distance by the way and do you measure it from center of pupil to pupil? Did you have any luck with goggles4u replacing them for you or is it a case of chalking it up to experience?

Yeah Pupillary Distance. I didn't try to replace mine tbh, I measured centre of pupil to centre allright but not sure if that was right or not, Specsavers should have it on their proper large prescription I would have thought, but wasn't on the little card they gave me and I couldn't be arsed going back to get it.

Maybe you could bring a pair of the glasses in and ask them to check them as you think the prescription they gave you was wrong or something (though it probably isn't their fault at all, it might be a reason for them to check them)

Advertisement