Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Samsung ML 1510 printer on Windows 8

Options
  • 17-02-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

I have to reinstall my Samsung printer on Windows 8 (after a fresh install of Windows 8).

The first time I installed it, it worked fine.

But, I cannot get it to run on the new installation of Windows 8.

I get an error saying it won't run in a USB 3 port. I know that it was running from the same port the last time.

So, I go to the Samsung site here>

http://www.samsung.com/my/support/model/ML-1510-downloads (Version 3.01)

and download the driver for Windows 7 (I'm pretty sure I did this the last time too.)

I installed the driver, but when I go to Control Panel and select the printer, I can't install it.

1. How can I make it find the driver (the driver update/roll back options are all greyed out in CP)

2. If I have to, how can I uninstall the driver?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Update:

I just tried installing the driver manually via Device Manager.

I got an error message that a driver had been found, but the installation had failed because;

"The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalogue file. The file is probably corrupt or has been tampered with."

What's a hash?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

hash = checksum, like a signature to verify contents of downloads. try downloading again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted.

For the record (and just in case I ever have to do this again!) when I returned to the download site, I noticed that the fourth driver down on the list was a "Universal Print Driver" and Windows 8 was listed next to it.

Working like a charm!

Thanks for your help.

D.

Advertisement