Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog friendly pub - bar in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-02-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody
    do you know of any place in dublin city centre where I could bring my dog with me and have a coffee / pint with my friends?
    It would be for sunday afternoon, not crazy weekends nights..

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Quite possibly, anywhere with an outdoor area.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Thanks.
    I don't think my friends would be happy to be outdoor... a bit cold..
    If anyone know about something indoor let me know, but I think it will be difficult :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You'd have health and safety issues indoors methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

The Gravediggers in Phibsboro are very welcoming in the bar (not the lounge as there is food) - they even provide a dog bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've seen an impressive collection of dogs under tables (including an enormous GSD) on some nights in the bar of O'Brien's on Leeson Street. Can't remember which night of the week it was but it had the look of a regular get-together. The dogs were VERY well behaved!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

The Cat 'n Cage?

Howl at the Moon?

The Horse n' Hounds on Vicker Street?

Jack Russels in Dartry?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The Gravediggers in Phibsboro are very welcoming in the bar (not the lounge as there is food) - they even provide a dog bowl

I was looking for that bar last week :D Thought it was beside Glasnevin Cemetery but could I find it?
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I've seen an impressive collection of dogs under tables (including an enormous GSD) on some nights in the bar of O'Brien's on Leeson Street. Can't remember which night of the week it was but it had the look of a regular get-together. The dogs were VERY well behaved!

Is that O'briens on the junction of Upper Leeson/Sussex Street?

OP out of the centre, but Findlaters in Howth, and Gilbert and Wrights are both places I've seen dogs on a Saturday afternoon.

There's a golden retriever who was a regular in Gilbert and Wrights, and had a dog bowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Stheno wrote: »
    I was looking for that bar last week :D Thought it was beside Glasnevin Cemetery but could I find it?
    It's beside the back gates of the cemetery. The full address is
    Kavanaghs (Gravediggers)
    1 Prospect Square
    Glasnevin
    Dublin 9
    Find your way to Hart's Corner, then through De Courcey Square.
    Actually, think of it as being at the back of the Sunnybank Hotel and you can't miss it. :)

Coyote's?
    The Wicked Wolf?
    (Jack) Russell's?
    Boner's of Baggot St.?
    Johnnie Fox's?
    (and of course after a few bevvies, every dog's favs)
    The Big Tree and The Five Lamps

That's my lot Mod, I promise.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Stheno wrote: »

Its behind the Sunnybank Hotel.

Jack russels in dartry, Horse n' Hounds on Vicker Street, Howl at the Moon,The Cat 'n Cage, Coyote's,The Wicked Wolf, Boner's of Baggot St,Johnnie Fox's? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

all these places would accept dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

BTW the gravediggers is actually called Kavanaghs above the door

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

jsabina wrote: »
    all these places would accept dogs?

I think space_man and Assassins Creed are joking - all those names have dog connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

The terenure inn does. The morgue does in its covered beer garden, but only on quiet nights, not fri & sat anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

There's a cafe along the way to Stephens green shopping centre by the music school on south William street on the corner. I often see people sitting with their dogs outside! I can't remember the name of it sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 copperlobo

that would be the "busyfeet and coco cafe" and the one next door were also superfriendly to us.... we sat outside though. Not sure you could bring a dog inside either

There's a cafe along the way to Stephens green shopping centre by the music school on south William street on the corner. I often see people sitting with their dogs outside! I can't remember the name of it sorry!

Advertisement