Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem setting up wireless IP Camera

Options
  • 15-02-2013 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all, could you help me out with a wireless IP camera problem?

I bought a TCL JPT3815W Wireless IP Camera and Ive spent the day trying to set it up.

$(KGrHqJ,!roFDoq3y0F(BQ9MBmbG2w~~60_35.JPG

I went through the wizard on it and managed to get it working with my UPC Cisco router when it was connected by wire to the router.

It would not work once I plugged out the cable.

I then spotted that the wizard was complaining about port forwarding. (I'm not up to speed on this at all.)
    I put the IP address into the port forwarding section of my router setup page along with the port (81) that the error had mentioned.

It then worked fine wirelessly!

I then went to change the password on the camera software so that I could keep it private.

Once I did this, the camera stopped working wirelessly again. It works wired fine still.

I tried resetting the password to its original out of the box code and it still wouldnt work wirelessly.

I reset the camera fully by depressing a little button on it, but it is now stalling at a section of the wizard that didnt bother it before - Step 5 Check DDNS.

It says -
    Obtaining DDNS option from the camera - Success
    Obtaining DDNS registration status - Error - Could not connect the DDNS server. Please check if the internet connection of your PC is ok. (Which it is!)

We're going to be using this in our toddler's room so I'd really appreciate some techie help in getting it going.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Trotter wrote: »
    Hi all, could you help me out with a wireless IP camera problem?

I bought a TCL JPT3815W Wireless IP Camera and Ive spent the day trying to set it up.

$(KGrHqJ,!roFDoq3y0F(BQ9MBmbG2w~~60_35.JPG

I went through the wizard on it and managed to get it working with my UPC Cisco router when it was connected by wire to the router.

It would not work once I plugged out the cable.

I then spotted that the wizard was complaining about port forwarding. (I'm not up to speed on this at all.)
    I put the IP address into the port forwarding section of my router setup page along with the port (81) that the error had mentioned.

It then worked fine wirelessly!

I then went to change the password on the camera software so that I could keep it private.

Once I did this, the camera stopped working wirelessly again. It works wired fine still.

I tried resetting the password to its original out of the box code and it still wouldnt work wirelessly.

I reset the camera fully by depressing a little button on it, but it is now stalling at a section of the wizard that didnt bother it before - Step 5 Check DDNS.

It says -
    Obtaining DDNS option from the camera - Success
    Obtaining DDNS registration status - Error - Could not connect the DDNS server. Please check if the internet connection of your PC is ok. (Which it is!)

We're going to be using this in our toddler's room so I'd really appreciate some techie help in getting it going.

Thanks a lot!
    I've set up loads of these in the last month, mostly Foscam. I think you are going through the procedure wrongly, there should be a complete guide on cd that came with camera or full guide on cameras website! stepsTo set up camera:
    connect all wires and connect camera to router
    run cameras software and when camera is found then click into it
    two options here. One for Internet explored other for Google Joe Firefox log in, again this is all In the manual
    change cameras dynamic Ip to static ip that's the same on your network and save
    now you need your wireless security details and input them into camera.. it should tell you if it's ok
    take lan cable out and go to camera software programme.. see if your camera shows up wirelessy
    to view your camera from Web on different network to your own they you need to either get a static Ip address from your Internet providers or get a ddns which is best paid for , about $20 per year.. and then that will be nous Web access address for smartphones etc, to also need to arrange ports to your camera .
    iu would take forever to type here but Google the instruction video. .
    the setup is not for the faint hearted!! last customers had spent day and a half trying to set his up before he gave me a call.. I can't post youtube links as I'm posting this from my phone

good luck with it (-;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks for your help.

Im following the instructions from the pack and the same on youtube and I cannot get past this

Alias IP Camera
    Alarm Status None
    DDNS Status Tenvis.info Failed: Incorrect User or Password
    UPnP Status UPnP Succeed
    P2P Status Can not connect to the server
    MSN Status No Action

When I plug out the cable, I lose the connection to the camera.

Im not sure if its relevant but when I click search for wifi networks, it doesnt find any and I have to manually put in the SSID and Password etc.

Is the aeriel screwed in tightly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Sorry just an update.. I spotted on a website that sometimes you need to hit the scan button a number of times. I did that, and it has found my network. No change to the results though.

Camera should work wirelessly (on your home network) without the need for port forwarding or DNS. You will only be able to log into camera through IP camera programme on PC/Laptop. Try restoring your router to factory settings and see how you get on. Could be your router might be the problem.
    Try this tutorial for Foscam it may give you idea of what is wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlF_IysSKHE

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RoryCalhoun

Hi there.
    Would anyone happen to have a link to the manual and software for this camera?

Advertisement