Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing 2013

Options
  • 15-02-2013 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi
    Ive just applied to CAO and Public jobs.ie for Mature Midwifery and Im wondering if anyone else has applied for 2013???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Healy Boy

Hi

I applied CAO and Public jobs also for phyciatric Nursing, make sure you also sent off for the applitude test in april, do you know any websites or books to study for thats what im looking for now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 briergirl

Hi Healy Boy
    Ive heard that the careerservices.ie 1 day course is very good... its pricey( 150 Euro ) but its prob worth it to get a high score ;)

cool, thanks :), be worth it alright, best of luck with yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 annem84

Hey ya's!

I haven't applied this year but hope to in the future, could you guys let me know how you get on? I hope to go for psychiatric myself!

Cheers!:)

Will do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

The one day course on the apptitude test is great. I went back last year to do Mature ID nursing in UCC , and most of the mature group in my class enrolled in it and they heavily recommend it for test. One thing i would really recommend is managing your time on the test itself, mine had 4 sections and each section is timed.

Hope that helps :)

B

Thanks Barrie

I will def enrol anything helps:P

when ye applied on public jobs for the test in april, were they suppose to send back a confirmation or somthing a day or two after ??

also if any one knows of any books to study for the exam coming up in april please let me know thanks :)

Healy Boy wrote: »
    when ye applied on public jobs for the test in april, were they suppose to send back a confirmation or somthing a day or two after ??

Yes I was under the impression they were to send a confirmation. Closing date is next Tues :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

YES. If you haven't received this confirmation email within two days of your application contact PAS immediately.

You should get your invitation to attend the written assessment by mid April and if you haven't heard from them by then you need to contact PAS by the 18th of April.

Last year a number of people didn't get called for the assessment because they didn't follow up with the relevant organisations so don't leave it to chance.

I contacted Public jobs and they said yes I should have recieved an email (I didnt!!) They confirmed for me though. If anyone hasnt recieved confirmation yet please contact before Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

I got a letter off the CAO saying that I left out my leaving cert results and if I want them counted in my application I should contact them right away. Is this nessasary for nursing? I was under the impression that it was all down to the written test?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jmckenzie

Hey I found loads of sample tests online dude, its all about practise and fast answer times some of them would leave you well confused but the more you do you start to fly at them.. Heres one link thats pretty good
    http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm hope it helps it seems to be doing the job for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jmckenzie

also if any one knows of any books to study for the exam coming up in april please let me know thanks :)

Hey I found loads of sample tests online dude, its all about practise and fast answer times some of them would leave you well confused but the more you do you start to fly at them.. Heres one link thats pretty good
    http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm hope it helps it seems to be doing the job for me

• Registered Users Posts: 32 flora 86

Hi hoping to do nursing at gti,just like to know some things about the course and what to expect ect..im 27 so a mature student.What job opportunities will there be after or other courses,any help would be appreciated

did ye get the e-mail today 12th, can somone snd me the link to publicjobs the sample test please, cant seem to find it?

I believe the test will be available from 12 o clock on the 12th :confused: What email?

Got my email but cannot print out Familiarisation Booklet anyone else having this problem?

it the e-mail on public jobs.ie, can ye re-direct me to the link of the familiarisation test please ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Intel240787

briergirl wrote: »
    Hi
    Ive just applied to CAO and Public jobs.ie for Mature Midwifery and Im wondering if anyone else has applied for 2013???

Applied for General in DCU. Did test this morning in Cork, wasn't too bad. Didn't get the professional competences (last test - last question - doh) finished. Gutted so I was.
    Found a lot of the questions in that paper were rather similar. Same for the language test. Wasn't sure how literal to get! I went with "unless it's blazingly obvious then it's "unable to tell".
    Also, our overall inbigilagor sounded like Mary Lou McDonald. And my centre facilitator looked (and sounded) like an in law. Which was creepy.

Good luck to all - nout that can be done! Just breathe!

Advertisement