Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scummy things that scummy people do.

Options
  • 02-01-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Was going home this New Years Day at 7am having been thoroughly naughty all NYE and was wrecked. Fiancée was driving (tee total that night) and we were driving up towards Store St gardai station when the taxi in front of us started swerving and the passenger side door opened and stayed open and swerving for a few seconds. The taxi pulled in and we pulled up next to him. A girl jumped out and started legging it down the road. The taxi man wound down the window and we asked was he ok? We thought maybe he'd been robbed or something. He said he was ok. He picked the girl up and when she got near town she said she wasn't going to pay him and if didn't let her out she would say he tried to rape her. He said "I've cc tv in this car and I'm bringing you to the gardaí", and then as they neared Store St she opened the door and said "I'm gonna jump" so he stopped to let her flee rather than letting her jump out.

I was so f*cking angry my head nearly popped. A girl willing to throw around rape allegations in order to get a free taxi ride :mad: I didn't think people like that actually existed.

So yeah what are some scummy things you've seen scummy people do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

One of the worst things I ever saw was a young fella riding a horse down the North Circular Rd. He had no saddle of course and I don't think he knew what he was doing. The horse threw him off (too bloody right) and then he turned around and started kicking the horse in the belly. Made me cry seeing that. It's a really bad sign when someone is cruel to animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I would have let her jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

people eating in KFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

One of the worst things I ever saw was a young fella riding a horse down the North Circular Rd. He had no saddle of course and I don't think he knew what he was doing. The horse threw him off (too bloody right) and then he turned around and started kicking the horse in the belly. Made me cry seeing that. It's a really bad sign when someone is cruel to animals.

What a prick. I bet you he doesn't like dags either.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 BeeStings

anal "sex"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I just checked BeeStings only other post, I think he has an interest in a certain something.

Hy-larious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

People who wait till the cashier has scanned everything and then go rummaging for their purse.

People who wait till they're stood right in front of the ATM before having their card ready.

People who get on the bus and then go looking for change.

Scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

People urinating on sleeping homeless people on Grafton Street while their friends watched and laughed.

People being unnecessarily harsh and rude to beggars,even those who are just sitting down and minding their own business.

People spitting at various security guards,paramedics and Gardai.

Funny thing is,the people I've seen do all the above weren't what you would describe as a typical skanger.They were all well dressed and spoke with middle class accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

and what a scummy man.
    Just give him half a chance i bet he'll rob if he can.
    Can see it in his eyes yeah that his got a nasty plan.
    I hope you not involved at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Spitting

• Advertisement

Not exactly similar to the first few posts.

I was in a sauna and this heavy guy who had been in there for a while stepped out, dripping in sweat, and leaped straight into the swimming pool. Scummy was the word that came to mind.

I've seen that a few times in a few months actually, maybe I should look at different leisure centres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

curlzy wrote: »
    Was going home this New Years Day at 7am having been thoroughly naughty all NYE and was wrecked. Fiancée was driving (tee total that night) and we were driving up towards Store St gardai station when the taxi in front of us started swerving and the passenger side door opened and stayed open and swerving for a few seconds. The taxi pulled in and we pulled up next to him. A girl jumped out and started legging it down the road. The taxi man wound down the window and we asked was he ok? We thought maybe he'd been robbed or something. He said he was ok. He picked the girl up and when she got near town she said she wasn't going to pay him and if didn't let her out she would say he tried to rape her. He said "I've cc tv in this car and I'm bringing you to the gardaí", and then as they neared Store St she opened the door and said "I'm gonna jump" so he stopped to let her flee rather than letting her jump out.

I was so f*cking angry my head nearly popped. A girl willing to throw around rape allegations in order to get a free taxi ride :mad: I didn't think people like that actually existed.

So yeah what are some scummy things you've seen scummy people do?
    I have no doubt that this girl is in the absolute minority but this the main reason I feel really really uncomfortable lifting women on their own.

On the other hand, I have no doubt there are many taxidrivers that would try to take advantage of a girl on their own also.

Maybe the girl was scummy, we don't know,but it's equally possible the taxidriver was.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Saw a very drunk man peeing against a door one night. Then he took out a key and opened the door as he obviously lived there. How drunk and scummy was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Scrimshawing

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hurmf

People who wait till the cashier has scanned everything and then go rummaging for their purse.

People who wait till they're stood right in front of the ATM before having their card ready.

Scumbags!

You forgot people who go to the bar and order 8 drinks one at a time leaving the Guinness till last.

Scumbags!

Such ladylike traits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I worked for a big 'charity' that neglected the disabled people in their care while paying huge money to an army of executives. One of the biggest charities in the country and their still getting away with it!

I tried to go to the papers but I was set upon by their (very expensive) lawyers and sacked! Very nasty people yet most people would see them as a wonderful, caring charity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Such ladylike traits

My missus is culprit No.1

She'll buy some shítty womens mag, knowing it costs about €2, then waits for the cashier to say "that'll be €1.80 please" before going looking for some change. God forbid she'd have to break a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Supporting Liverpool FC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Not exactly similar to the first few posts.

I was in a sauna and this heavy guy who had been in there for a while stepped out, dripping in sweat, and leaped straight into the swimming pool. Scummy was the word that came to mind.

I've seen that a few times in a few months actually, maybe I should look at different leisure centres.
    Is it scummy because he's fat? You think people doing lengths aren't sweating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

People who use 2 cards at the ATM when there is a queue behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Procreate.

Someone took a dump on the front step of my primary school and stuck a load of matches in it to try and make it look like a lickle hedgehog

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I just checked BeeStings only other post, I think he has an interest in a certain something.

Hy-larious

Literally all he talks about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

humbert wrote: »

People dont realise how much you actually sweat in a sauna, you are literally soaked in it. You're supposed to take a shower after you get out of the sauna and then rest for a few minutes. People doing lenghts are sweating very heavily, they're already submerged in fairly cool water.

Too many people view the sauna as some stupid novelty where you bust in for the craic and see how long you can last before hopping into the pool because it makes it "freezin!". Its annoying for those of us who want to use the sauna properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

wear tracksuits and white runners

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

sfwcork wrote: »
    wear tracksuits and white runners
    you don't know what comfort is.

And its matching tracksuits and black runners

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Or women that wear those white tracksuits with the writting on the ass

humbert wrote: »

There's not much swimmers can do about it. The swimming pool is for swimming in and that's what they're doing.

These people in the sauna are dripping in sweat, all they have to do is step under the shower for 10 seconds, but no. I think its disgusting.

I don't know why I added the 'heavy' part, I guess it was an unnecessary adjective. I also use it to describe myself and I use the shower after the sauna!

• Advertisement

My missus is culprit No.1

She'll buy some shítty womens mag, knowing it costs about €2, then waits for the cashier to say "that'll be €1.80 please" before going looking for some change. God forbid she'd have to break a fiver.

Time for a man only checkout. Idiots paying for a box of fags with laser will be shot on sight.

Advertisement