Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Netflix w/o a Credit Card

• 21-12-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to sign up for Netflix.ie..Problem is, I don't have a credit card. Do you absolutely HAVE to have a credit card?..I have a PayPal account which is linked to my Bank A/c, I also have a Debit Card..
    Is there any way I can still Sign Up for Netflix without a credit card?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

get an o2 money card it's what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Visa debit will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

I tried signing up for netflix, i pressed the paypal thing and signed in..It asked me to add a credit or debit card..I put in all the details and it said that the card wsnt valid..?? what do i do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭The Dublin Whale

kerryked wrote: »
    I tried signing up for netflix, i pressed the paypal thing and signed in..It asked me to add a credit or debit card..I put in all the details and it said that the card wsnt valid..?? what do i do now?

same thing happened me, I entered my visa debit details and it said my card wasn't valid, I tried contacting netflix about it but they were useless and just said to re-enter the details again, I did and again it was rejected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

paypal is an option once your logged in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I use my visa debit card fine, through my paypal account.

If you have a paypal account, have you added the card to the account before trying to do it via netflix? If the card adds to the account okay, netflix should have no issue processing it after.

Unlikely since most banks have have stopped issuing them, but paypal doesn't work with laser cards if you were using one.

okay what i have is a laser card...if i add that to my paypal a/c first..then use netflix with paypal it should work?..or is it because i have a laser card i cant use netflix?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

You can't use a laser card with paypal, they don't facilitate it.

Alternatives would be something like the 02 money card as mentioned above. You just top that up each month with the fee and it will work as a debit card.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I use a Swirlcard Mastercard debit card and its fine.

i have a 3v card...any chance that would work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Why not try it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

It will work. Its what used when I first joined.. Now I use an O2 money card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yep, just used it earlier, it worked fine.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

visa debits didnt work for me anyway that paypal wrecks my buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Visa Debit works perfectly for me, all I've ever used on the account.

problem is, i have a laser debit card :/ apparently netflix doesnt accept laser :(

Advertisement