Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmed: Brian Maher & Dara Quilty Today FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

It says "guest presenters". Is this just a trial run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

smurfs5 wrote: »
    It says "guest presenters". Is this just a trial run?

I'd imagine so to see if they will suit the slot, and possibly to see how they fare on a national scale. Although i've been saying for awhile they are ready for national and could very well take over 7-9pm during weekdays if it all goes to plan.

They're back on tonight. Sounding good a more relaxed, would love this to be a weekly thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd imagine so to see if they will suit the slot, and possibly to see how they fare on a national scale. Although i've been saying for awhile they are ready for national and could very well take over 7-9pm during weekdays if it all goes to plan.

Well Louise Duffy is doing it at the moment but she said on twitter that she is back on her old slot after Christmas so maybe they will take over the weekday slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eiresandra

Confirmed last week that Colm O'Sullivan of Red FM will be taking over the 7-9 Weekday and Sunday evening slot from February.

• Advertisement

eiresandra wrote: »
    Confirmed last week that Colm O'Sullivan of Red FM will be taking over the 7-9 Weekday and Sunday evening slot from February.

Source? Is he not the PD at Red FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

he will be perfect, Green on Red used to be my favourite radio show around until Red FM messed up and gave it to your man from the Frank & Walters, forget his name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

On Spin 1038 or Today FM?

I think Dara and Brian are suited to Dublin more and not national and I don't mean that in a bad way there are excellent. The humor is more Dublin orientated but.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

Today FM, starts in February. Hes a good solid presenter and has run Red FM for awhile so he knows his stuff and I think he has a bunch of PPI awards too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Today FM, starts in February. Hes a good solid presenter and has run Red FM for awhile so he knows his stuff and I think he has a bunch of PPI awards too.

Do hope it works out for both the lads just once it dose not go the same direction as the strawberry's on RTE.

Who is taking the Spin 1038 slot? I wonder will they merge the time slot with Spin SW .

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Do hope it works out for both the lads just once it dose not go the same direction as the strawberry's on RTE.

Who is taking the Spin 1038 slot? I wonder will they merge the time slot with Spin SW .

They aren't taking it over apparently, according to other posts here. I doubt they'll merge to be honest their humor as said before is Dublin orientated and The Zoo Crew is too interaction focused so if any show's are merged it imagine it may be Drive-time but definitely not The Zoo Crew anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

source?Im surprised too say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well I've just seen on redfms Facebook page and a post by the presenter on now said they were out last night and it was to give Colm o Sullivan a send off. So the Colm o Sullivan rumour might have legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Colm O'Sullivan is 100% starting the evening shift. He is gonna be doing a really cool evening show called Transmission ( his show from RedFM )

Think Biffy Clyro - Hot Chip - 2door cinema club - Muse - mixed with Dance & Hip Hop the better end of commercial.

Brian and Dara will no doubt make it to TodayFM someday.

This thread was just confirmation of a slot they did 7-10pm a few Sundays.

Colm is most definitely moving and i'm quite excited about it too he has a great taste in music.

Story here:

http://radiotoday.ie/2012/12/colm-osullivan-leaves-red-fm-for-today-fm/

Advertisement