Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #45 Elrollo

Options
  • 08-12-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is Elrollo

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What's been the best gig you've ever been too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out in 2011-2012?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal (dead or alive), who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig (limited to 5 bands)?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

- What brought you into Metal?
    - Which was the first album, you bought?
    - Which was the first gig, you visited?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Do you play any musical instruments, and what instrument would you love to be able to play?
    Do you like any other genres of music outside of rock and metal?
    Underrated albums by well known bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've heard nothing back from the last two participants in the In The Pit series so i'm gonna put this thread and the In The Pit series on hold until the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Hi all sorry I havent been too active, was abroad and was way out the sticks without an internet connection!

Best gig I've been to has to be the Hell gig back in the button factory!

Favourite album in 2011/12 has been Human Remains by Hell or Time is Up by Havok!

I can't say I actually hate any one band, however I have a fervent dislike for bands like Trivium(Leave your Metalcore at the door!)

I'd mostly lurk about Games, Anime, Paranormal and Sci-Fi!

I'd mostly be a metal man now, and really I don't follow a certain sub-genre, just whatever sounds good! :D

Drinking with 5 metal folks? Rob Halford, Hansi Kursch, Mikael Akerfeldt, Johan Hegg and Jari Maenpaa!

Dream Lineup? In no particular order..
    1. Wintersun
    2. Hell
    3. Exodus
    4. Ensiferum
    5. Testament

Which of the big 4, that would be Metallica

Last album that really let me down, hmm that was St.Anger from Metallica! Was really hoping that it was going to be a return to Metallicas roots after Load and Reload - however it most definitely was not!

My brother can be blamed for getting me into metal, the first two albums he put on for me were Master of Puppets and Vulgar Display of Power, after that I was lost to popular music forever!

First album I bought was Digimortal by Fear Factory and I still have it to this day, cracking album aswell!

First gig ever was believe it or not Metallica at Download Ireland in the RDS - awesome gig!

Unfortunately I dont play any instruments however I would love to play either the bass guitar or drums!

Other than metal I love classical, blues, dad rock and funk!.

An underrated album by a well known band, I'd say Ram it Down by Judas Priest, Terria by Devin Townsend and Load by Metallica.

Advertisement