Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

free bet on new site no cc details required!

Options
  • 06-12-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

poolpit.co.uk

Okay saw this on a pop up from a racing website. Its a new site where you put your money into a pool with others for a sporting event, pick the result for a number of markets within that event and the highest points scorers then divide the pool (minus 5% commission which the site takes) in the ratio of 1st- 65%/ 2nd -20%/ 3rd-10%/ 4th-5%.

For example i registered last night (no credit card asked for), got free £10 to play with, entered the Clonmel Racemeeting £10 pool, picked a horse for each race (doesnt matter the price you just get 10 points for 1st, 5 for 2nd etc down to 4th place) and finished first in the pool so out of the £90 pool I won 55 quid including the initial £10 for signing up.

I then enquired about withdrawing my winnings and was told that I needed to deposit £10 by credit or debit card (for I.D. anti money laundering purposes) and once i did I could withdraw the full amount including the promotional £10 i used to enter in the first place. So I left 15 in and withdrew the rest.

This is obviously a brand new site and it definitely seems like a genuine operation. After I signed up i received the following email the today

Can we ask how you came across Poolpit, we have yet to advertise properly in Ireland or anywhere near and this information would be very helpful.

Hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance.

Good luck in racing bets this afternoon, and don’t forget to check your positions during the meet, and you can see how your other Poolers are getting on, by clicking on the info bubble next to their alias on the leaderboard !

Poolpit Customer Services Dept

I had a few emails back and forth and they sound like a good bunch of lads and lasses. I've had a great first experience with the site and I'm very aware that a site will only work as well as the amount of people who play so tell all yer mates to join up at no risk and have a go!

PS. I am in no way affiliated with this site, i just won a few quid for very little work so thought id share

Also MODS if you think this would be better in betting section of Boards feel free to move, though i do consider it a bargain alert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 George99

Sounds like a bargain - I'll take a look.
    Anyone else tried the site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Id imagine it would go down better on the gamblin section although would surely be a small hint of worry about spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Id imagine it would go down better on the gamblin section although would surely be a small hint of worry about spam.

Mentioned that in my initial post and MODS to move if they saw fit. Anyhow bit of a bargain for anyone that wins a pool cos it will be free cash! Theres 80 quid in the 10 quid footy onion bag pool at moment (pick results of matches over next few days) so anyone that signs up and plays before half 7 would have a fair chance of winning a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sweet, 10 yoyo free bet in play on some german footy.

Thanks OP

There is loads of risk free ways to make money with betting sites free bet offers to new customers. Id imagine it would be possible to make about 1k for someone who has no accounts with any of the bookmakers currently.

• Advertisement

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Mentioned that in my initial post and MODS to move if they saw fit. Anyhow bit of a bargain for anyone that wins a pool cos it will be free cash! Theres 80 quid in the 10 quid footy onion bag pool at moment (pick results of matches over next few days) so anyone that signs up and plays before half 7 would have a fair chance of winning a few quid!

yeah bargain - had a go - its a bit pub quiz meets accumulator :D
    looks like theres a run on the 10 quid leeds v chelsea game tonite as well

I just done it and it seems like fun. Only worrying aspect is where does the revenue stream come for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I just done it and it seems like fun. Only worrying aspect is where does the revenue stream come for them?

They take a cut of the prize pool.

Whats the cut? I just assumed this was not the case as it said 8 entrants prizepool 16.

Edit: Its in the OP never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just came second on the Leeds v Chelsea £10 one. Cant withdraw the cash though

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Just came second on the Leeds v Chelsea £10 one. Cant withdraw the cash though

I came second in mine aswell. The payouts are retarded !!

You need to deposit at least €10 to with withdraw the money. I think that they are rather silly to allow the original free €10 to be withdrawn in this manner.

I came second in mine aswell. The payouts are retarded !!

You need to deposit at least €10 to with withdraw the money. I think that they are rather silly to allow the original free €10 to be withdrawn in this manner.

I stuck in a tenner there, but still not letting me take anything back :confused:

I stuck in a tenner there, but still not letting me take anything back :confused:

10 euro or pounds?

10 euro or pounds?

Its all in pounds

Id advise you to email them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Thanks op, just won the £5 pot on Leeds game... No interest in taking it out yet, Ill wait until I hit £100....

yep likewise. Seems to be some withdrawl issues at moment. emailed them and waiting for reply. By the way before your 1st withdrawal you have to deposit £10 to prove a valid card and you can withdraw after that. They may look for proof of address/i.d screenshots too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Signed up just now. Anything interesting I can bet on tomorrow?

robman60 wrote: »
    Signed up just now. Anything interesting I can bet on tomorrow?

Have a look at whats available, look at the times there on and you'll find there s a few quid in the pools nearer the start time. Tomorrow looks quiet but Friday looks decent. . Dundalk races, Blackburn/wolves, La Liga and serie a...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

There is loads of risk free ways to make money with betting sites free bet offers to new customers. Id imagine it would be possible to make about 1k for someone who has no accounts with any of the bookmakers currently.

Do most bookmakers do match bets ie the will match your original bet?

• Advertisement

I had to supply some docs to get out they emailed me

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I registered with them this morning. However, I am now going to bow out from them. They emailed me looknig for the following:

Copy of drivers licence/passport
    Copy of proof of address

In order to take out money, I also need to give them credit card details? So they will have the following of me:

Name
    Address
    Date of Birth
    Passport/Drivers Licence Number
    Credit Card details

If this were any other site that was "new" people would be screaming scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭stooge

antodeco wrote: »
    I registered with them this morning. However, I am now going to bow out from them. They emailed me looknig for the following:

Copy of drivers licence/passport
    Copy of proof of address

In order to take out money, I also need to give them credit card details? So they will have the following of me:

Name
    Address
    Date of Birth
    Passport/Drivers Licence Number
    Credit Card details

If this were any other site that was "new" people would be screaming scam!

got the same email. betfair and the like sometimes ask for the same info, but it's a bit of a risk considering they are not that well known. and for that reason... I'm out

padocon wrote: »
    Do most bookmakers do match bets ie the will match your original bet?

Yes so you could easily back your first bet with Paddy power and lay it on Betfair risk free. Then you would be freerolling on the matched bet.

stooge wrote: »
    got the same email. betfair and the like sometimes ask for the same info, but it's a bit of a risk considering they are not that well known. and for that reason... I'm out

Its the same as any egaming website. Its part of anti money laundering regulations I think. Anyway for what its worth i signed up, won a few quid deposited 10 quid by visa debit and was able to withdraw the amount i won then (bout 50 quid). Then few days later was asked for those documents. Its the same as other betting sites. Its definitely not a scam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Lol gamblers.

It'd be funny if half the country wasn't on the dole which means people like me who work hard and aren't stupid enough to fall for this crap are the ones who end up bled dry...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I got another email from them (I never replied) basically saying that they've seen my posts on boards and they don't need my credit card details (slightly concerning that they're watching what I do!). Anyway, if others have stated its all ok, then I'll side on the side of experience of them and let it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am in the dog racing 5£ and 10£ pot... Winning both but drawing the 10£ one... One of my dogs came 2nd but was given no points, if it counted I would be leading by 5 points... It may be because a dog was non runner for one of them... Anyone have issues like this? Or know what happens here?

Lol gamblers.

It'd be funny if half the country wasn't on the dole which means people like me who work hard and aren't stupid enough to fall for this crap are the ones who end up bled dry...

What a retarded statement.

On another matter asking for details like that is 100% legit. It is a requirement and usually most companies let you deposit and snag you for the ID if you EVER withdraw which in a lot of cases is never.

• Advertisement

I am in the dog racing 5£ and 10£ pot... Winning both but drawing the 10£ one... One of my dogs came 2nd but was given no points, if it counted I would be leading by 5 points... It may be because a dog was non runner for one of them... Anyone have issues like this? Or know what happens here?

I did notice one dog result was late did you get points ?

On a different matter - I had a non runner on a horse race at meydan - basics - it seems you get switched to the sp fav - which is generous. It shows up in the pool results as a bubble icon.

Advertisement