Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with Opel Vecra C

Options
  • 24-11-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

I have Opel Vectra here, 2003, 1.8 petrol.

Have some problems, which i diagnosed myself, but not sure I am right

Problem is , indicators doesnt work , central locking system doesnt work, but when on key pres lock doors, windows goes down and up, and thats it(central lock doesnt work from key either) , also air blower on windscreen work only on max speed , if turn to other direction, like to legs or middle console, nothing works.

i found out , that there is comfort module in fuse box installed, behind glow box. ... number GM 09226554 .

If ill change that, shall be fine ???? , i am not sure, it is connected to car security system , and will block whole car then.

Also cant really find such module, anyone know who selling it in Dublin ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

Seems to be a number of different problems here, I don't know how you arrived at a point where they are all happening together. Have you had an unqualified person working on it?
    also air blower on windscreen work only on max speed

This problem is a bad resister pack, you need a new one, they can't be repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Wheelnut wrote: »
    Seems to be a number of different problems here, I don't know how you arrived at a point where they are all happening together. Have you had an unqualified person working on it?

This problem is a bad resister pack, you need a new one, they can't be repaired.

they can be repaired for under €1, in under an hour with nothing more than a few screwdrivers and a very basic knowledge. opel want something nuts like €80 for a new one.

great guide here http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?134248-How-2-vec-c-fan-resistor-fix&p=1495923&posted=1#post1495923

i done my own earlier this year :) its no oil painting but it worked fine.

2mrzeok.jpg

as for the windows/ indicators problem, i have no idea but it does sound like you could be on the right track.

edit : just remembered on my vectra if you held the lock/ unlock on the key for a second you could raise and lower the windows (which in your case at least shows that the key signal is reaching the car). and also on my own vectra the contacts on the bulb holders for the indicator bulbs in the headlamps became corroded and made my indicators unreliable. so this may be worth checking out too, the bulb holders are an "in circuit" style so to speak, i don't know the correct term for them.

so perhaps you're still dealing with 2 seperate issues, dodgy central locking and faulty indicators. i suggest you rear the "how to" guides on the forum i linked above, if there's a common fault with the vectras they have certainly covered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Thanks for your input.

Car arrived already with those symptoms. later ill get some more ifnfo, ill show how i did came to this conclusion about module.

they can be repaired for under €1, in under an hour with nothing more than a few screwdrivers and a very basic knowledge. opel want something nuts like €80 for a new one.

great guide here http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?134248-How-2-vec-c-fan-resistor-fix&p=1495923&posted=1#post1495923

i done my own earlier this year :) its no oil painting but it worked fine.

as for the windows/ indicators problem, i have no idea but it does sound like you could be on the right track.

edit : just remembered on my vectra if you held the lock/ unlock on the key for a second you could raise and lower the windows (which in your case at least shows that the key signal is reaching the car). and also on my own vectra the contacts on the bulb holders for the indicator bulbs in the headlamps became corroded and made my indicators unreliable. so this may be worth checking out too, the bulb holders are an "in circuit" style so to speak, i don't know the correct term for them.

so perhaps you're still dealing with 2 seperate issues, dodgy central locking and faulty indicators. i suggest you rear the "how to" guides on the forum i linked above, if there's a common fault with the vectras they have certainly covered it.

ill certainly will run through that website.
    Front indicators do flash, when i loose middle bolt in fuse box under bonnet .
    i have lil software, auto data, when i was trying get info about indicator relay, couldnt find, but found a description of module , which controls numbers things, central locking, indicators... etc.
    it looks exactly like this one in german ebay . dont mind the price, just quick search in ebay, but ive seen in uk for around 60 euro.

i did disconnect it, split it, but it is one piece of electronic board, without possibility unplug relays, i could see only 3 relay ish looking small boxes on it, soldered on board, and one of them was making ticking / or clicking noise, when shake the board ..... like something loose in box.

ill post a picture from that software with description, if ill manage get it on my laptop, otherwise, later today late evening.

well, i managed get that picture. actually there is three control modules. see pic .

opl1.jpg

• Advertisement

I would be interested in reading that but they want me to register and log in before I can see it.

I would be interested in reading that but they want me to register and log in before I can see it.

There is no harm register, i always using my spam email for registering in to forums, standard procedure though.

EDIT: email thing is not enough, have to be approved manually by admin also, so have to wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

Mar4ix wrote: »
    well, i managed get that picture. actually there is three control modules. see pic .

opl1.jpg

Where did you get that picture? Is there software you can buy like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

This looks like it is from the opel TIS software. PM me if you would like details on the program! Might be worth your while getting yourself the op-com diagnostics interface. Use it for my Saab, and has proved worthwhile for 30 euro.

thats autodata, can get for you for free, or of dvd or flash drive (1 gig) costs ;) if you around blanchardstown, could record for you, there is many cars covered, not only opel ;)

EDIT: or you can get official version from here - http://uk.autodata-group.com/products/online/online-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

thats autodata, can get for you for free, or of dvd or flash drive (1 gig) costs ;) if you around blanchardstown, could record for you, there is many cars covered, not only opel ;)

EDIT: or you can get official version from here - http://uk.autodata-group.com/products/online/online-3

Does the Autodata give you the official GM numbers to match the parts?

Does the Autodata give you the official GM numbers to match the parts?

not sure, as i I am not really familiar with it, i think not..... but not sure, i can give you, you can see yourself. i just using it rarely. not really like software itself.

I like toyodiy.com, but that only for toyota.

also http://specs.amayama.com/ not bad, i've ordered some stuff from there

Be careful there, people like Autodata make their living selling information so they are very fussy about their copyright. They actually have people scanning the web looking for illegal copies. I know that you would never make an illegal copy or do anything to breach their copyright, isn't that right?

Be careful there, people like Autodata make their living selling information so they are very fussy about their copyright. They actually have people scanning the web looking for illegal copies. I know that you would never make an illegal copy or do anything to breach their copyright, isn't that right?

yes, you are right, i wont do illegal copy, i even put their official website, in case some wants to buy.

seems to be problem solved, i have thoughts, that that car had some Titanic history..... all electronics looks gone, replaced module behind glow box, most problems solved. ... back central locking system , alarm , indicators. there is some others problems, goin get sorted soon.

Advertisement