Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dangerously overcrowded bus

Options
  • 09-11-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I was shocked yesterday as I traveled with a private company from Dublin to Donegal .they had put two buses on which were full to the brim . On the outskirts of the city he stopped where approx 30 students mostly were waiting .Pulls up .They say 'But there are no seats ' Tells them all to get on, that there is another bus waiting up the road. they were like sardines packed right up to the front window.the heat and lack of air especially down the back was horrendous .So they have to stand all the way to Ardee ,hardly able to keep their balance . The slightest accident would have had serious injuries.
    There must be a law against this practice .the pure greed of that driver who deliberatly lied to get them on the bus. They would have waited for a replacement bus or taken another service by listening to the conversations. to add insult to injury they were all charged full fare for a really miserable trip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This has been going on for years, even since I was in college, and i'd nearly guarantee that those standing were charged full price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therandomguy

I understand that you cannot name the company on Boards, but you could contact the local papers and I am sure that the 'news' site that we are not allowed to mention would be interested.

This practice must be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bubbles00

well they werent help captive if they were not happy with the service they could have got of the bus .........

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emsie80

bubbles00 wrote: »
    well they werent help captive if they were not happy with the service they could have got of the bus .........

the bus shouldnt have been allowed to get so over crowded! CIE have a minimum amount of pax that are allowed to stand, surely private bus companies should follow the same rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

bubbles00 wrote: »

yes but surely the driver knew he was breaking the law by allowing such a dangerous amount of extra people on board with standing room only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bubbles00

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

emsie80 wrote: »
    CIE have a minimum amount of pax that are allowed to stand, surely private bus companies should follow the same rules!

I'd have through that the private bus companise would have the same minimum figure as CIE - zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emsie80

not 100% sure - but i think they allow pax ( albeit a few ) to stand dwnstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

emsie80 wrote: »
    not 100% sure - but i think they allow pax ( albeit a few ) to stand dwnstairs.

who is pax?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

I understand that you cannot name the company on Boards, but you could contact the local papers and I am sure that the 'news' site that we are not allowed to mention would be interested.

This practice must be stopped.

All bus operators are licensed, I think by the Dept of Transport. They are the ones to complain to.

• Advertisement

ootbitb wrote: »
    who is pax?

Possibly related to this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272152/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

ootbitb wrote: »
    who is pax?
    juan.kerr wrote: »
    Possibly related to this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272152/

Not sure if serious or being sarcastic but....

PAX is an abbreviation for passengers, it's used more for aviation never heard it used in terms of buses before but it means passengers.

Not sure if serious or being sarcastic but....

PAX is an abbreviation for passengers, it's used more for aviation never heard it used in terms of buses before but it means passengers.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was fairly clear that both the question and the answer were facetious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

paxed in like sardines maybe.

Advertisement