Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primal Scream

Options
  • 09-11-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Ebrington, Derry, 19th March 2013

David Holmes is producing their new album and he'll be playing at the gig too :cool:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Penfailed wrote: »
    Ebrington, Derry, 19th March 2012

David Holmes is producing their new album and he'll be playing at the gig too :cool:

what year is it now?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

:D Edited.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fingers crossed for the both of them in Dublin around then too. St.Patricks weekend so wouldn't be surprised....

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

fingers crossed for the both of them in Dublin around then too. St.Patricks weekend so wouldn't be surprised....

Jesus that would be a crazy gig! I would love to see them in a tiny venue, like the Button Factory or somewhere like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hopefully the Olympia again

• Advertisement

It's one of the gigs organised as part of Derry's City of Culture 2013 celebrations. It may be a one off. Who knows.

Bought my ticket today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

Bought my ticket today :D

Where did you get the tickets? Nothing on the theatre website.

LilNiall wrote: »

Theatre? :confused:

I bought my ticket at the Millennium Forum in Derry but the gig is going to be in the new temporary venue at Ebrington :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

LilNiall wrote: »

http://www.millenniumforum.co.uk/content/primal-scream :)

Got mine - cheers op!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

Ticket sorted-thanks for the info.

Not often we get a gig this big. Last local gig I was this excited for was Oasis in Derry!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

will there be an after party ....

holly8 wrote: »
    will there be an after party ....

we're going to travel up from Connemara in Galway for this, I think ... where is the venue exactly? and what hotels might be within walking distance from it? thanks!

we're going to travel up from Connemara in Galway for this, I think ... where is the venue exactly? and what hotels might be within walking distance from it? thanks!

It's just off the Limavady Road in a new purpose built venue, imaginatively called, The Venue 2013. The nearest hotel is probably the City Hotel - it's a short walk across the Peace Bridge to the gig.

It's just off the Limavady Road in a new purpose built venue, imaginatively called, The Venue 2013. The nearest hotel is probably the City Hotel - it's a short walk across the Peace Bridge to the gig.

thanks! what's the capacity of the Venue? is it a tent like structure (as in ****e sound) - or what?

thanks! what's the capacity of the Venue? is it a tent like structure (as in ****e sound) - or what?

The capacity for the Primal Scream gig is about 4,000. It's a semi-permanent tent like structure but to be honest, I've no idea what the sound is like. Have you got BBC One NI on your TV? Check out the Sons and Daughters gig tomorrow night (Saturday) at 10:30. It's the same venue but all seating (capacity 2,000).

735078_10151336798007508_1164619696_n.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2FNY8RlY6G_lPezrryUDnfWhm0dmEcPhDFyCqSEqn1CAQaerUHQ

• Site Banned Posts: 28 ping123

Can't wait! Tickets just sorted :)

The capacity for the Primal Scream gig is about 4,000. It's a semi-permanent tent like structure but to be honest, I've no idea what the sound is like. Have you got BBC One NI on your TV? Check out the Sons and Daughters gig tomorrow night (Saturday) at 10:30. It's the same venue but all seating (capacity 2,000).

Thanks - I saw Primal Scream at Galway Arts Festival a few years ago in a tent by the river, TBH the sound didn't matter too much, it was a great gig anyway - thanks for your help!

• Advertisement

Ebrington, Derry, 19th March 2013

so looking forward to this - tickets /hotel/babysitter/days off work, all booked ... thansk OP!!

so looking forward to this - tickets /hotel/babysitter/days off work, all booked ... thansk OP!!

Nice one. What hotel did you go with in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dwight_schrute

Tower Hotel and City Hotel are both great. Theres a Travel Lodge just around the corner from City hotel if your looking for something a bit cheaper.

As far as pubs are concerned I'd recommend Waterloo Street. Some quality bars such as Peadar O'donnells.

Tower Hotel and City Hotel are both great. Theres a Travel Lodge just around the corner from City hotel if your looking for something a bit cheaper.

As far as pubs are concerned I'd recommend Waterloo Street. Some quality bars such as Peadar O'donnells.

We don't get away too often so a little 4-star indulgence won't go to waste!! Works out about the same, price-wise anyway. We stayed previously in the Everglades (too far out, want to step out of hotel into the city) and Best Western White Horse (no atmosphere) during the Feile last time we were there.
    thanks re. the pubs, will defo have a wander

Any good pubs to recommend or shall we just follow our noses?
    As far as pubs are concerned I'd recommend Waterloo Street.

You can't really go wrong on Waterloo St - Peadars, Gweedore, Dungloe, Bound For Boston :cool:

Here's the full version of 2013 -

735078_10151336798007508_1164619696_n.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2FNY8RlY6G_lPezrryUDnfWhm0dmEcPhDFyCqSEqn1CAQaerUHQ

Could you show us where the venue is on a Google Map please Penfailed?
    The city of culture website doesn't say..

Also, anyone know of any afterparties lined up for after the gig?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Could you show us where the venue is on a Google Map please Penfailed?

I'm having bother doing that. The best I can do is this - go to Google Maps and type 'rectory field home derry' into the search. Where the 'A' shows on the map is more or less where The Venue is. It's just to the north of the Limavady Road on the map. If you go onto Street View, it shows as a car-park as it wasn't constructed when the street view camera car passed it :)
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    Also, anyone know of any afterparties lined up for after the gig?

I haven't heard anything.

• Advertisement

Have a spare ticket for this up on Toutless if anyone's looking for one..

Advertisement