Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile unlimited sim 30 day contract......not

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Signed up last week to emobile online offer unlimited €32 on a rolling 30 day contract.
    I got a letter from my bank today(monday) informing me of the direct debit setup.
    Got a text tonight from emobile on my work phone, they needed to confirm some details. I rang them and confirmed details and the woman on the phone said yes all Ok. .... We need €70 deposit which will be refunded on the 7th bill.
    Hang on its a 30 day contact, 7th bill = 7 months?
    I don't recall seeing this anywhere. I refused to pay this and cancelled my order.
    I'm glad I didn't port my O2 number over.
    If emobile have taken out the €32 from my account I pity the customer service rep I get.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

markad1 wrote: »
    Signed up last week to emobile online offer unlimited €32 on a rolling 30 day contract.
    I got a letter from my bank today(monday) informing me of the direct debit setup.
    Got a text tonight from emobile on my work phone, they needed to confirm some details. I rang them and confirmed details and the woman on the phone said yes all Ok. .... We need €70 deposit which will be refunded on the 7th bill.
    Hang on its a 30 day contact, 7th bill = 7 months?
    I don't recall seeing this anywhere. I refused to pay this and cancelled my order.
    I'm glad I didn't port my O2 number over.
    If emobile have taken out the €32 from my account I pity the customer service rep I get.

Hi markad1

Not sure what happened there. Would yo mind PM'ing me your tel and pin no and I can have this investigated. I should be able to help here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Hi Tony,
    I've no number or pin to pm you, I didn't receive the sim.
    The order was cancelled by me last night based on the deposit and 7th bill.
    Mark

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi Tony,
    I've no number or pin to pm you, I didn't receive the sim.
    The order was cancelled by me last night based on the deposit and 7th bill.
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Could you PM the order number and name address you placed with the order and I will check if you were charged for the handset.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Hi Grainne - some people have been asking about the deposits that may be charged on this contract here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81628356#post81628356

Would you be able to clarify

(1) Why such deposits are requested even (it seems) for long standing customers?
    (2) How the level of the deposit is determined?
    (3) How the repayment date is determined (or is it always month 7?)?
    (4) If the deposit is forfeited or refunded if the customer terminates before 6 months are up?
    (5) The specific terms & conditions governing this deposit/advance charge?

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Hi Tony / Gráinne,
    Sorry to cut in on this thread but im having a problem with emobile with this offer too.

Myself and my wife signed up to it this offer about a week ago at the same time.
    I just recieved my sim card today in the post but my wife got message today from emobile saying to ring them to about her details.
    When she rang they told her that they could not complete her order untill she pays a 70euro deposit. But could not tell her why and that she must write a letter to request the info.

Thanks ok but both myself and my wife in the application used the same bank account details as we use a joint account. Why would she be required to pay 70euro deposit and i did not, Even though we used the same account???
    It doesnt make sence and is very frustrating!!!

Can you help Tony / Gráinne?

Regards,
    John.

• Advertisement

I would like to thank Grainne and Tony from eMobile. I know it's not an easy job you and the other staff do and all the hassle you get. ... You went out of your way to check stuff for me when you didn't have to and me not even an eMobile customer :-). ..big thanks
    Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Clarification would be great on this deposit issue please. If the money is not paid back until the 7 month this is not a rolling contract but rather a 6 month contract!

I would like to thank Grainne and Tony from eMobile. I know it's not an easy job you and the other staff do and all the hassle you get. ... You went out of your way to check stuff for me when you didn't have to and me not even an eMobile customer :-). ..big thanks
    Mark.

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for such positive feedback. If you need help in the future do let us know.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for such positive feedback. If you need help in the future do let us know.

Tony

You just completely ignored the rest of the posts??? Seriously? I'm thinking Ill stick with three rather than jumping to eMobile now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hi Mark,

Tony

Why don't you answer the other posts very bad show.

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »

Why don't you answer the other posts very bad show.

I've requested an explanation in writing to customer care I'll let you know what they come back with if they do come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

I would also like to know why I was charged a €130 deposit

TM wrote: »
    Hi Grainne - some people have been asking about the deposits that may be charged on this contract here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81628356#post81628356

Would you be able to clarify

(1) Why such deposits are requested even (it seems) for long standing customers?
    (2) How the level of the deposit is determined?
    (3) How the repayment date is determined (or is it always month 7?)?
    (4) If the deposit is forfeited or refunded if the customer terminates before 6 months are up?
    (5) The specific terms & conditions governing this deposit/advance charge?

Thanks a lot

Hi everyone,

In relation to a deposit, if this is required it is refunded on the 7th bill. If you are on a non contract SIM only plan and cancel before this period it would simply be refunded then.

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding your why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.

In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone/broadband dongle.
    - Your written signature.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.
    I hope this information helps.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Thanks Tony. Hopefully that helps to clarify matters somwhat for others who were asking or are actually eMobile customers. I was only asking out of academic interest on foot of the other thread discussing the 30 day SIM only contract offer. I'll leave it to others to tease out any remaining issues... :)

TM wrote: »
    Thanks Tony. Hopefully that helps to clarify matters somwhat for others who were asking or are actually eMobile customers. I was only asking out of academic interest on foot of the other thread discussing the 30 day SIM only contract offer. I'll leave it to others to tease out any remaining issues... :)

Hi TM,

That is no problem. I am happy to help.

Tony

FYI,
    I'm still waiting for emobile credit department to write to explain the €70 request.
    I sent in the information emobile requested on the 7/11/12 and I got an email from emobile on the 9/11/12 confirming the written request stating I would receive the explaination in writing within 10 days.
    Mark.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

FYI,
    I'm still waiting for emobile credit department to write to explain the €70 request.
    I sent in the information emobile requested on the 7/11/12 and I got an email from emobile on the 9/11/12 confirming the written request stating I would receive the explaination in writing within 10 days.
    Mark.

Hi Mark,

My apologies that you did not get a response to your letter.

I have escalated this onto our credit control team. As soon as I get an update on this I will let you know.

Grainne

Hi eMobile,
    writing again to inform you I have still not received this information from your credit department.
    I am awaiting this information for comreg.
    Regards,
    Mark Dempsey.

Hi eMobile,
    writing again to inform you I have still not received this information from your credit department.
    I am awaiting this information for comreg.
    Regards,
    Mark Dempsey.

Hi Mark,

I will chase this up with Grainne as she was following it up with our credit control department. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Tony

Advertisement