Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards AC Technical Running Top (2nd order)

Options
  • 03-11-2012 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭

We got a load of Boards AC Technical tops last year, they seemed to go down well and are spotted from time to time in races (see this thread for details and feedback). I ran the Dublin Marathon in BAC colours, and got a load of "Go Boards!" shout outs, and people have been asking about them for a while, so maybe its time to see about another order. I've all the donkey work done from last time around, so hopefully this time will be a bit less work. I've squared this with the mods, BTW.

These are high-quality Technical (wicking moisture control) tshirt tops, printed with the Boards AC logo, in Royal Blue with White piping. There is a unisex version, and one in a Ladies cut (I don't have any photos of this, maybe someone can stick one up?). I hope to keep the cost the same as last time (€30 including P&P to anywhere in Ireland), but this is dependent on the size of the order (needs to be 50+ to be cost effective). Sizing is S, M, L, XL, (anyone with a bit of girth may want to go up a size or they might feel tight). To answer FAQ's last time, there isn't the facility to print individual names, nor will there be a singlet order.

The procedure is this: if you're interested in buying a Tech top, put your name (and size) down below. Once we have a large enough order, I'll PM you how to make payment (via Paypal, cheque, or Bank Transfer), I'll put the order through, and distribute to you when they are shipped. If the interest is there, we'll hopefully get the order's delivered in good time for Christmas. Any other questions, just ask.

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1SeXM92gz3k/TbnKTwlg8UI/AAAAAAAAAXk/rwjySL5i-6w/s400/P4280534.JPG" height="300" width="400"[/IMG]

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-03H8mel9ugo/TbnKY13eOtI/AAAAAAAAAXs/lF6JY5x35E4/s400/P4280537.JPG" height="400" width="300"[/IMG]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Add your Boards name and size below if you want a Boards AC top (MenSmall, MM, ML, MXL; LadiesSmall, LM, LL, LXL)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

JPrender - ML

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

Davemcmahon ML

Add your Boards name and size to this list if you want a Boards AC top (MenSmall, MM, ML, MXL; LadiesSmall, LM, LL, LXL)

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon ML

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭rom

Royal blue :)

Any chance of a red version for those from the people's republic ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Add your Boards name and size to this list if you want a Boards AC top (MenSmall, MM, ML, MXL; LadiesSmall, LM, LL, LXL)

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon ML
    career_move LM

rom wrote: »
    Royal blue :)

Any chance of a red version for those from the people's republic ?

No chance, sorry! Royal Blue and White are the accepted colours, back from when Boards AC was registered with AAI. Its not any more, but the club lives on through those colours:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Alanm

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    AlanM - MM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Kurt Godel wrote: »

No chance, sorry! Royal Blue and White are the accepted colours, back from when Boards AC was registered with AAI. Its not any more, but the club lives on through those colours:)

Why is boards ac not registered with aai anymore?

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    Why is boards ac not registered with aai anymore?

(Maybe someone can answer better than I can?)

Boards AC was set up by the driving committee of Shels4ever, Woddle, & Peckham, a few years ago. It had a bunch of founding members (I was one of many), had an approved singlet design, was regged as a Dublin club (you have to have a geographic location). After a couple of years it became obvious that having a geographic spread all over Ireland wasn't perfect for fielding teams in XC or track races- that the majority felt an allegiance to "BoardsAC" for running road races or whatever, but individually would actually progress more by joining regular clubs with regular training meet-ups.

BAC used be very successful in IMRA races (won the WWRelay one year); was a force in BHAA races; and still people enter road races under the "Boards AC" name.

Boards AC decided to allow lapse their AAI membership (you need a dedicated committee attending meetings etc.), and instead remain as a loose amalgamation via this forum. That's sort of why I'd never change the colours on the tshirt- its just a bit of fun wearing it, but if ever BAC did once again go the AAI regged route, the colours and logo would remain the same. And the idea and spirit of runners running under the BAC colours remains the same- the "clubhouse" is this forum, the "training" is done in the logs.

Good days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM
    JohnDozer - ML

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM
    JohnDozer - ML
    Younganne - LM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM
    JohnDozer - ML
    Younganne - LM
    jebuz - MS

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM
    JohnDozer - ML
    Younganne - LM
    jebuz - MS[
    Buck - ML

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM
    JohnDozer - ML
    Younganne - LM
    jebuz - MS[
    Buck - ML
    SnailsPace - ML

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Just a note, I got one of the tee-shirts last year, and do wear it now and again - but its an odd shape, its hard to explain after being away on a stag for 3 days, but its a TINY bit narrow and a TINY fraction short compared to my many other size L running tops. Maybe its just mine?

So Kurt, you should confirm that they are indeed standard L sizes??

re: Why Boards AC folded, I joined right at the end of its existence, and basically it came down to the fact we could not match what other clubs offer, and everything Boards AC could give, folks could get for free here. Where if they joined "bricks and mortar" clubs, they got a lot more value.

A number of folks, like me, wear the singlet now and again [like a few of us did pacing DCM] - I dont need to pay subs to show respect :D

Just a note, I got one of the tee-shirts last year, and do wear it now and again - but its an odd shape, its hard to explain after being away on a stag for 3 days, but its a TINY bit narrow and a TINY fraction short compared to my many other size L running tops. Maybe its just mine?

So Kurt, you should confirm that they are indeed standard L sizes??

I can't say anything about a "standard" size L, as every manufacturer will be slightly different. The only thing I'd say is that, from the last order, some people who were a bit broader than most found they would have done with an XL. Others ordered the L and then felt they needed the M. By far the vast majority felt the size they ordered was the correct fit. So most from the last order seemed happy with their fit (feedback here), and that was when we weren't really sure how the sizings would turn out. I've mentioned that broader runners might like to go up a size for a better fit, in the OP of this thread, but based on the last order thats the only specific fit info I'd suggest. Most seemed happy ordering their usual size, and with the fit they received.

I'll leave the thread up for another week or so, and see how the numbers pan out then as regards ordering.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I got the L last year and only this year did it fit me....it certainly is a narrow fit compared to any other L tops I've owned. Still got to wear it during DCM this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM
    JohnDozer - ML
    Younganne - LM
    jebuz - MS[
    Buck - ML
    SnailsPace - ML
    RedRunner - MXL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML
    Runchick - LM
    JohnDozer - ML
    Younganne - LM
    jebuz - MS[
    Buck - ML
    SnailsPace - ML
    RedRunner - MXL
    Amphkingwest - ML

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Boards AC has put a couple of relay teams into the likes of Cork Marathon the last couple of years as well and more than likely someone will be looking for team members again for next year at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

JPrender - ML
    Davemcmahon - ML
    career_move - LM
    blockic - MM
    tang1 - ML
    AlanM - MM
    dazza21ie - MXL
    druss - MM
    Ososlo - LM
    upthe19th - ML