Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Radio Controlled Weather Station - Sun 4th Nov

Options
  • 02-11-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭

Are these types any good for anything except the internal/external temp does anyone know? And when it says radio controlled does that mean thats just for auto-setting the clock and it makes its own forecast based on local conditions or is it recieving a forecast by radio aswell?http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_24266.htm?WT.mc_id=2012-11-02-10-22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Looks decent enough for the price tbh, might get one myself for my friend.
    But ye , probably only good for temp..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

we have one from lidl.. looks kind of the same. the barometric pressure is never right on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

They are also selling :D

Product_detail_Wk45S_7.jpg

Product_detail_Wk45S_9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id say everyone still has all the crap they bought last year still in brand new condition.

Wonder how many shops got stuck holding unsold stock of those snow grip things you strapped to your boots, they seemed to be piled up everywhere for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Now to be fair, I don't own one and it might turn out to be a Davis Vantage Basic wrapped in an Aldi cloak, but IMO, it's more likely to be a €3.99 including free shipping from China through an EBay store.

My instinct is not to trust Aldi, I've a few items from them with wildly varying price/quality relationships ~ overall more disappointment but then a cheap price, their dearer items are less value as usually better quality is available for the money, this is precisely where I put this weather station.

If it were €10.99 I'd be queuing up ..... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement