Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC/UTV/C$ HD in MOnaghan

Options
  • 26-10-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all, I live in the north Monaghan area and was just wondering what channel frequuency I can get the freeview HD channels on?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

From Divis (Belfast), channel 24 (498 mHz). Brougher Mtn. is channel 25 (506 mHz).

You need a Freeview HD capable tv/STB (can process DVB-T2 transmissions). Some of the Saorview approved tvs have this ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭marko_polo1234

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    From Divis (Belfast), channel 24 (498 mHz). Brougher Mtn. is channel 25 (506 mHz).

You need a Freeview HD capable tv/STB (can process DVB-T2 transmissions). Some of the Saorview approved tvs have this ability.

Peter Rhea, thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Sorry to hijack this thread but should I be able to pick up UK HD channels? I am in Balbriggan and can only get SD content from the UK. No problem with RTE 2 HD.

TV is Samsung LE46C750 and it has a Freeview HD tuner with DVB-C (MPEG4) and DVB-T (MPEG4),

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

A Freeview HD tuner is DVB-T2

so it must be my aerial (or aerial position) then. It's in the attic and I got it about 7 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

dubmick wrote: »
    so it must be my aerial (or aerial position) then. It's in the attic and I got it about 7 years ago.

Is it definitely DVB-T2, though? DVB-T won't work, even if its MPEG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Richard wrote: »
    Is it definitely DVB-T2, though?

According to the specs in the manual it is.

Yeah it does, see below

screenshot_01-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭In the old days

dubmick wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this thread but should I be able to pick up UK HD channels? I am in Balbriggan and can only get SD content from the UK. No problem with RTE 2 HD.

TV is Samsung LE46C750 and it has a Freeview HD tuner with DVB-C (MPEG4) and DVB-T (MPEG4),
    Have you tried putting installation country to UK?It is possible it neuters T2 except when set to UK? Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It says the standards available are depending on Country selection and DVB-T2 is UK only.

More "blinkered" programming. Can be a royalties issue though, saving a few cents.

• Advertisement

watty wrote: »
    It says the standards available are depending on Country selection and DVB-T2 is UK only.

More "blinkered" programming. Can be a royalties issue though, saving a few cents.

Sorry Watty, im sort of on the same boat as dubmick, i can receive ALL uk sd channels no problem and rte2hd no prob but i have 'no signal' when i searched for the freeview hd channel frequencies this week, would this be due to my country on my tv being set to Ireland? I have the LG 42PT353K which is fully compatible with freeview hd btw...

Any LG Freeview HD tv I've seen, has a 'T' suffix to the model no.

Any LG Freeview HD tv I've seen, has a 'T' suffix to the model no.

Peter, heres the amazon link http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-42PT353K-42-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B004WN8UAI

That's a tv with a HD display that receives Freeview SD (DVB-T) channels. It doesn't have a DVB-T2 tuner for Freeview HD.

That's a tv with a HD display that receives Freeview SD (DVB-T) channels. It doesn't have a DVB-T2 tuner for Freeview HD.

Peter if you click 'See all products description' you will see that it does have freeview hd.

Manufacturer's Description
    LG PT353K 42 Inch

The HD Ready PT3 Plasma TV series provides superb picture quality with a stunning razor frame design. Convert your living room to a sports stadium or cinema thanks to its crystal clear picture quality. The PT3 series also offers LG’s 600Hz technology and a USB connection for access to your favourite pictures, music and videos.

Freeview HD

Get Ready to watch High Definition TV for free with built in Freeview HD bringing you the best of BBC, ITV and Channel 4 in glorious high definition with no monthly fee or contract. Freeview HD gives you so much more – up to five times the picture quality than standard definition Freeview. You will also benefit from having access to over forty standard Freeview TV and radio channels, eight day on-screen guide and access to digital interactive services.

Freeview HD couldn’t be any easier to set up. Simply plug in your existing aerial cable into your LG TV and it will do the rest. You will instantly have access to non-subscription digital TV, directly through your terrestrial aerial, all for free. Enjoy channels such as ITV2, E4, BBC3 and Film4, all without the need to install a satellite dish or a monthly contract.

That 'at a glance' table is incorrect. The PV250K doesn't do Freeview HD. Only the 'T' models do.

That 'at a glance' table is incorrect. The PV250K doesn't do Freeview HD. Only the 'T' models do.

aw shoot, bought this in harvey norman a year ago thinking it would do freeview hd because it recieves saorview and freeview (and because of that amazon info), oh well..
    Sorry Peter for bothering you ;)

Have you tried putting installation country to UK?It is possible it neuters T2 except when set to UK? Worth a try.

Result! many thanks. Now have all the UK HD channels. Thought I might lost the Irish ones but they are still there too if you scroll through.

Now all I need is for someone to recommend a saorview box for my upstairs tv that does UK HD channels and has a HDMI out connection. Any ideas lads? No need for a PVR function as we have Sky downstairs.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Advertisement