If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MONITOR AUDIO FLOORSTANDER BOARDIE OFFER

Options
  • 24-10-2012 2:54pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Dear Boardies,

I just managed to scoop the last chunk of the Monitor Audio M4 floorstanding speakers.

These are great sounding, substantial speakers from one of the best UK speaker manufacturers.

They were originally over £350 and great value at that!

I have a reasonable quantity that I can clear to Boardies at just £129.95 - yep thats correct - £129.95

m4.thumb.jpg

Specs here: http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/support/past-products/m-series/

The M4 is svelte 2 1/2-way floorstander,rigid construction is key to achieving their clean, un-boxy sound.

The M4 employs multiple bracing positioned at critical resonance nodes. The two 6.5-inch MMP®II drivers have been designed specifically for the M4. The lower unit handles bass only, the other provides punchy upper bass and a clear, natural mid-band right up to the crossover point with the tweeter at 2.6 KHz. The Monitor M4 has a reflex port at the rear as well as the front. This is to provide maximum airflow at low frequencies and reduces air pressure that can lead to bass compression effects.

For medium to large rooms or systems dedicated to home cinema, the rear port can be blocked with a foam bung to tailor the bass response. This allows greater placement flexibility in smaller rooms. The effects are lower bass extension at the expense of bass impact. High quality machined cone floor spikes provide a stable platform and excellent isolation.

I can assure you that this really is the best speaker deal available in Ireland at the moment if you are looking for a pair of brand new speakers for under £250!

We have these available in black from stock and ready to ship - shipping is just £12.95 which isn't bad condsidering they weigh 12Kgs each and are 850mm high unboxed!

If you are interested just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or drop us a PM with your contact details and one of the guys will give you a shout back.

Thanks as ever and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kelsa1210

Hi,

Is that price for a pair?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itsbigboss

Hi John.
    These are "available in black from stock." Is that the only colour available? I got a beech pair of Monitor Audio BR 6s off you a while back. Looking to get a tonal match at rear and preferably a cosmetic one too.
    Thanks in advance.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kelsa1210 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is that price for a pair?

Thanks.

Yep - they are priced per pair!!!

I also have a (very) few pairs of the M6 which are the closest relative of the current BX6 - these are really quite large and VERY impressive floorstanders that I would clear at £169.95

m6.large.jpg

See full details here: http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/support/past-products/m-series/m6/

The Monitor 6 extends the musical reach of the marque by providing a still wider bandwidth over the M4, higher power handling, greater efficiency and more effortlessly realised dynamics. No fewer than three MMP®II drivers share the frequencies right up to the crossover with the C-CAM® tweeter. The lower unit handles deep bass, the other pair provide punchy upper bass and the signature Monitor Audio mid-band response.

A beautifully crafted rigid cabinet, 3-D contoured grilles and reflex port technology complete a world-class speaker design, which delivers unprecedented effortlessness, bass weight and extension.

These are big boys by the way - they are 970mm high but quite slimline as they are only 200 mm wide - the volume is carried aft into the depth though as they are 300 mm deep - really - they sound great.

To finish off I also have the matching MSW-10 subs at just £149.95
    msw10.thumb.jpg

The MSW-10 is an ultra-compact but awesomely powerful subwoofer equipped with a potent integral 100 Watt class A-B amplifier and housing a longthrow 10" driver, which is forward firing to make the process of positioning the MSW-10 as simple and fuss-free as possible. The MSW-10 integrates beautifully and easily with any high performance home theatre system.

I'm also expecting a small shipment of the matching AV centre speaker to sell at £59.95 (way less than 1/2 price) and before anyone asks - yep, they are all in Black Oak and yep, they all come with grilles!

mcentre.large.jpg

Keep me posted guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Itsbigboss wrote: »
    Hi John.
    These are "available in black from stock." Is that the only colour available? I got a beech pair of Monitor Audio BR 6s off you a while back. Looking to get a tonal match at rear and preferably a cosmetic one too.
    Thanks in advance.

Itsbig,

Thanks for the post - we only have black oak available :o - tonally these are the closest relatives to your BR6's - essentially they are the American versions of your BR6's which have found their way back to this side of the pond - seriously they will match with your system no problem but of course you will have to spray your beech BR6's black ;)..

..keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 23 orangegoblin

Hi there,
    Quick question. Would the AMP of the Yamaha YHT196 be able to power the M4's?
    Euro price to Kilkenny also please.

Thanks OG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Would you have any bookshelf from the same series(m series) in a good prices like this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 abuboy2

Hi John,

I'll take a pair of the M6's, is shipping £12.95 on these too?
    I'd be looking for them to be delivered to Limerick.

Thanks

Abuboy

Hi there,
    Quick question. Would the AMP of the Yamaha YHT196 be able to power the M4's?
    Euro price to Kilkenny also please.

Thanks OG

Og,

yes the YHT196 would power the M4's no problem - however the M4's will also be capable of being used with significantly better receivers as well so they would be the foundation of any pretty serious Av or stereo system..

Euro pricing INCLUDING shipping - €174.99 a pair.

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc

devil-80 wrote: »
    Would you have any bookshelf from the same series(m series) in a good prices like this one?

Devil,

unfortunately I dont have any of the matching bookshelf speakers - I will happily PM you a deal on the excellent BX2's but they will still be more expensive than the M4 / M6 which are better speakers!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Hi John, pm'd you there but will take a pair of the M4's anyway I'd say. Don't have my cc with me in work today but will call you tomorrow at the shop and sort it out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 vizzle

Hi John, how m6 compere to Tannoy v4 wich I bought from you. I am thinking is it an upgrade? If so can have one please ;)

abuboy2 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks

Abuboy

Abuboy,

thanks for the post and the order - much appreciated!

We would have to do delivery at £17.95 on the M6's as they are over 30 kgs packed!!!!

Normally we have no problem subsidising the Courier but as these are already on slim/nonexistant margins I have to charge on the additional courier weight charge..

Keep me posted and if you would like to order them just drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to sort out the delivery details,

Thanks again,

ATVB,.

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Hi John,
    How would the m6's compare to the Br6's, i see the m6's have 1 bass and 2 bass/mid whereas the br6's have 2 bass and 1 bass/mid driver. Interested in a pair with the centre.
    Cheers, Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi John,
    I bought from you Tannoy V4 so not thinking about another floorstanders but must say that m6 are very tempting anyway first have to focus on that bluray so waiting on any boardie offers with blurays.
    Thanks
    Daniel
    Btw whats the price of M6 in euros incl postage?
    Devil,

unfortunately I dont have any of the matching bookshelf speakers - I will happily PM you a deal on the excellent BX2's but they will still be more expensive than the M4 / M6 which are better speakers!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

abuboy2 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks

Abuboy

Abuboy,

thanks for the post and the order - much appreciated!

We would have to do delivery at £17.95 on the M6's as they are over 30 kgs packed!!!!

Normally we have no problem subsidising the Courier but as these are already on slim/nonexistant margins I have to charge on the additional courier weight charge..

Keep me posted and if you would like to order them just drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to sort out the delivery details,

Thanks again,

ATVB,.

John Mc

niallam wrote: »
    Hi John, pm'd you there but will take a pair of the M4's anyway I'd say. Don't have my cc with me in work today but will call you tomorrow at the shop and sort it out :)

No problem Niall - I'm not instore myself tomorrow, but dave or Kenny or any of the guys will look after you..

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc

vizzle wrote: »
    Hi John, how m6 compere to Tannoy v4 wich I bought from you. I am thinking is it an upgrade? If so can have one please ;)

Vizzle,

Yep I have to say that the M6's may not look as pretty as the Tannoy V4 but I think they are a better speaker - the top end is excellent and the bass is really outstanding (it ought to be at that size and with that driver line up :D)

If you would like to go ahead just drop me a line with you contact details and we will get the forklift ready to lift a pair ( we don't have many left :()

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John mc

PCDub wrote: »
    Hi John,
    How would the m6's compare to the Br6's, i see the m6's have 1 bass and 2 bass/mid whereas the br6's have 2 bass and 1 bass/mid driver. Interested in a pair with the centre.
    Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

given the price difference they compare well - in bass extension there is little to choose between them but the BR6 does have a slightly better treble response even though they share the same HF unit.

The centres are not in yet but I'd hope to get them in roughly end of next week.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stocking

I'll have the pair of M4

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

John, cheers for the quick and informative response. I might pass on the m6's and wait another year to upgrade the br6's, also have the m4's. I'll definitely take one of the centres so lets know when they arrive.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

stocking wrote: »
    I'll have the pair of M4

Stocking - thanks a million for the order - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or a PM with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to sort out the delivery details,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 20 vizzle

Hi John,
    U freq. response ;( do not think it will make me happy. Will drop you pm about v1 or something else.

Cherrs Daniel

Vizzle,

Yep I have to say that the M6's may not look as pretty as the Tannoy V4 but I think they are a better speaker - the top end is excellent and the bass is really outstanding (it ought to be at that size and with that driver line up :D)

If you would like to go ahead just drop me a line with you contact details and we will get the forklift ready to lift a pair ( we don't have many left :()

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John mc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kelsa1210

Hi John,

Just sent you a mail there.
    Will take a pair of the M6 instead of the M4.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 caff23

I'll take a pair of the M4s and put me down for a center speaker when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mcdonrob

Just sent you guys a mail. Please put me down for a pair of M4 speakers + delivery to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Yep - they are priced per pair!!!

I also have a (very) few pairs of the M6 which are the closest relative of the current BX6 - these are really quite large and VERY impressive floorstanders that I would clear at £169.95

m6.large.jpg

See full details here: http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/support/past-products/m-series/m6/

The Monitor 6 extends the musical reach of the marque by providing a still wider bandwidth over the M4, higher power handling, greater efficiency and more effortlessly realised dynamics. No fewer than three MMP®II drivers share the frequencies right up to the crossover with the C-CAM® tweeter. The lower unit handles deep bass, the other pair provide punchy upper bass and the signature Monitor Audio mid-band response.

A beautifully crafted rigid cabinet, 3-D contoured grilles and reflex port technology complete a world-class speaker design, which delivers unprecedented effortlessness, bass weight and extension.

These are big boys by the way - they are 970mm high but quite slimline as they are only 200 mm wide - the volume is carried aft into the depth though as they are 300 mm deep - really - they sound great.

To finish off I also have the matching MSW-10 subs at just £149.95
    msw10.thumb.jpg

The MSW-10 is an ultra-compact but awesomely powerful subwoofer equipped with a potent integral 100 Watt class A-B amplifier and housing a longthrow 10" driver, which is forward firing to make the process of positioning the MSW-10 as simple and fuss-free as possible. The MSW-10 integrates beautifully and easily with any high performance home theatre system.

I'm also expecting a small shipment of the matching AV centre speaker to sell at £59.95 (way less than 1/2 price) and before anyone asks - yep, they are all in Black Oak and yep, they all come with grilles!

mcentre.large.jpg

Keep me posted guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

you have an awesome deal. Would like to ask you - would M6 be covered by 5 years warranty ? Vey interested in them plus center speaker.

Many thanks
    Rai

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ik

Hi ,Interested in M6, whats euro price delivered to Dublin. Tanks IK

• Registered Users Posts: 23 orangegoblin

Good Afternoon,

Are these speakers rebadged B4's? Or what would be the nearest to them from the Monitor stable? Not a lot about the M series ont web. Seriously intersted tho.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭stezie

I got the Onkyo 709 and the Monitor Audio Radius HD kit of you last year... I’m seriously tempted to add a pair of M6's to my current setup to get the most out of the 7.2 amp.

Currently my amp feels quite warm running at 65 - 70 % volume at the end of Tron Legacy. Would adding these big speakers be asking too much of the amp?

Would you Bi-amp these speakers, or how would you recommend I set these up, so I dont overload amp and still get the most out of everything?

• Advertisement

rai555 wrote: »

John,

you have an awesome deal. Would like to ask you - would M6 be covered by 5 years warranty ? Vey interested in them plus center speaker.

Many thanks
    Rai

Rai,

The m6 have a 2 year warranty form monitor audio as standard - as ever if you want to upgrade to the 5 year just add 10% however the warranty dies not cover blown drive units caused by Halloween parties...

I should have the centres in about a week or so..

Keep me posted

Atvb

John mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.