Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Windows RT Tablet?

Options
  • 18-10-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Do you think there will be any cheap Windows RT tablets coming soon around the €200 €250 mark? Smaller screen ect, looked around google and can't seem to see the min requirements for RT which would give you some idea compared to the Android devices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I doesn't look like it.

In theory lots of cheap Chinese made tablets would be capable of running Windows RT, but Microsoft are not selling the RT software on it's own in the same way as they do the normal Windows.

It seems they are being very selective in who they let use Windows RT so it looks like we are not going to see it on any cheap tablets any time soon.

It does beg the question if any Chinese manufacturers will build a tablet capable of running the full Windows 8 OS which will be on individual sale?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Ud think they would learn from the Windows Phone OS and head into the direction of the way Google do things with Android.

First the start menu now they are being picky which OEM can get there hands on a RT licence hopefully this doesn't end up as another flop like Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have a Windows phone and love it, it's nice and stable and just does what it's supposed to do. (If only skype would run in the background) So I'd love to have a Windows tablet but signs on they are going to be too expensive for me and MS are aiming at the corporate market and my own feeling is they are going to bomb.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Do-more wrote: »
    I have a Windows phone and love it, it's nice and stable and just does what it's supposed to do. (If only skype would run in the background) So I'd love to have a Windows tablet but signs on they are going to be too expensive for me and MS are aiming at the corporate market and my own feeling is they are going to bomb.

Yes I agree that it is a great OS but they have marketed it completely wrong, very few people use it. Nokia is now using it on there phones and the company is nearly bankrupt.

Advertisement