Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42LK530T 379.99 in argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭deadduck

Just checked Naas, none there, hopefully that's saved someone a trip.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Sound for the heads up, just reserved one in Swords!:)

To save everyone the hassle, I checked every store in Dublin except Dún Laoghaire, and they were out of stock. Not sure if there's any more left in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Turbine wrote: »
    Sound for the heads up, just reserved one in Swords!:)

To save everyone the hassle, I checked every store in Dublin except Dún Laoghaire, and they were out of stock.

How did you check by phoning the stores?

IrishHomer wrote: »
    How did you check by phoning the stores?

Yeah there's a number in the catalogue to ring up and check stock and you can reserve it then. You just need the 4 digit code for the store you want to check and the catalogue number.

Here's some reviews on Amazon as well for anyone interested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004ZC3MD6/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I got 2 LG brand tellys at home.

Freesat (UK) and Saorview (IRL) are both 'built in'

Simply, you get all the channels without need for any decoder boxes.
    Excellent TVs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

wahst the model numbers of the tvs with freesat/saorview built in

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Can anyone give me the argos product num i.e 501/4502 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Yeah there's a number in the catalogue to ring up and check stock and you can reserve it then. You just need the 4 digit code for the store you want to check and the catalogue number.

Here's some reviews on Amazon as well for anyone interested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004ZC3MD6/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Where did you find the catalogue number?

tvercetti wrote: »
    Where did you find the catalogue number?

In the old catalogue. Its 5297588.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anybody got any comments on the tv?

Seems great quality and value for the price?

I know there are better specs out there but is it a good tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Review here 9.2/10 with a base of 72 reviews, seem to be a pretty decent TV really.

Would love to get my hands on one of these , from the looks of things , there isnt many in the GDA. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

ChriisM wrote: »
    Would love to get my hands on one of these , from the looks of things , there isnt many in the GDA. :(
    Just to let you know, mine is in the boot of my car and am now heading home :)
    Another guy saw me buying it and asked the staff, none left anywhere.
    Will setup when I get home and let you know if it is awesome or not!

Check Kilkenny on Saturday, there should be 1 available. Had it reserved till Friday but picked 1 up in another store.

Check Kilkenny on Saturday, there should be 1 available. Had it reserved till Friday but picked 1 up in another store.
    Anyone in Kilkenny, pm turbine! How u finding the new telly?

phill106 wrote: »
    Just to let you know, mine is in the boot of my car and am now heading home :)
    Another guy saw me buying it and asked the staff, none left anywhere.
    Will setup when I get home and let you know if it is awesome or not!

Too say im not jealous would be a understatment :(

ChriisM wrote: »

Too say im not jealous would be a understatment :(
    All set up! Very happy with it. Put on the latest Madagascar movie and my god it looked great!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Anyone know of any stock in midlands? None in longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Do all Argos have clearance items ? I rang my local one and they didn't have a clue what i was talking about.

phill106 wrote: »
    Anyone in Kilkenny, pm turbine! How u finding the new telly?

Have it fully setup now and it looks great. Tried a few HD movies on it there and the picture is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Got last one in Drogheda. Picture is brilliant but it feels like the picture is slightly fast forward when watching certain things. Anybody know what this is?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Got last one in Drogheda. Picture is brilliant but it feels like the picture is slightly fast forward when watching certain things. Anybody know what this is?
    Try turning off true motion or some similar name? Not at home ATM but was in the options. Also turn off energy saving, makes it look crap!

Oh if anyone uses sky on this, sky code for remote is 0206

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

group on city deal have a toshiba laptop for€329 , iknow nothing about them, does it look ok? tia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I just reserved one of these in a Dublin store, was wondering if Saorview is built in?

The Argos and LG website say 'Saorview approved' but it doesn't say whether or not the Saorview receiver is built in to the TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

brimal wrote: »
    I just reserved one of these in a Dublin store, was wondering if Saorview is built in?

The Argos and LG website say 'Saorview approved' but it doesn't say whether or not the Saorview receiver is built in to the TV

With any model TV, be sure to check it's listed as approved on the Saorview site itself.

If it is, you can be assured the TV contains the necessary tuner capable of decoding Saorview.

http://www.saorview.ie/equipment/saorview-approved-product-listings/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ALS

Having purchased one last week , I can confirm Saorview is built into this set , all u need is to attach a suitable aerial , nice tv by the way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

brimal wrote: »

could you PM me with the details on the store you reserved it in - i rang around most but no joy.

Advertisement