Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Mulhuddart - Ladyswell new Parnell estate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Polar101

Tyrrellstown would probably suit as well, not far from the corporate park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Joao71

Polar101 wrote: »
    Tyrrellstown would probably suit as well, not far from the corporate park.

Yeah, I've seen some pretty cool apartments in Tyrrelstown. The only thing that bothers me about it is that it seems a bit isolated.

Joao71 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've seen some pretty cool apartments in Tyrrelstown. The only thing that bothers me about it is that it seems a bit isolated.
    Tyrellstown is a lovely area. Not really that isolated, it's 15 minutes from Blanch shopping centre, it has Lidl, supervalu, diy shop, pet shop, bmi gym, aurora restaurant, medical centre etc. Good bus routes (238 to Shopping centre, 40D and 38C to City Centre most via the business park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

supervalu,

Superquinn? or has it changed?

+1 also for Tyrrelstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

My mates bird grew up there, (Mulhuddart) some of the stuff she told me was mental. Once saw a skip on fire at 2am in an estate. Only time I've ever seen a skip on fire, I must have been at her house about 10 times max.

• Advertisement

Staplor wrote: »
    Only time I've ever seen a skip on fire,
    LOL
    I'm moving in to Ireland in 22nd January, and I'll be seeing an apartment in Parnell Estate witch seems lovely. :D
    So seems as long as you dont hire a skip you'll be fine, you'll keep away those skip burning savages in Mulhuddart

dickwod1 wrote: »
    LOL

So seems as long as you dont hire a skip you'll be fine, you'll keep away those skip burning savages in Mulhuddart

What is a skip? :)

Anyway, I think I'm going to focus on Tyrrelstown.
    Thank you for all the advice :D

What is a skip? :)

skipr.png
    Good luck with everything :)

dickwod1 wrote: »
    skipr.png
    [/URL]

Ok, now I get it ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mulhuddart was a rural village on the very outskirts of Dublin 30 years ago. It wasn't developed enough back then to have a reputation one way or the other. Development of the estates at Huntstown immediately to the south was just beginning but nothing to the North of the village existed then.

Some of the estates to the North of Mulhuddart have a bad reputation - IMO the best places to live in and around Mulhuddart would be Mulhuddart Wood, Ashfield, Tyrrellstown (really a separate area now) Huntstown, Castlecurragh and Saddlers estate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

The area is nice quitened down alot the last five years OP but make sure you get a good survey on the house as some the properties towards the river have suffered massive movement in foundations best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Tyrellstown is a lovely area. Not really that isolated, it's 15 minutes from Blanch shopping centre, it has Lidl, supervalu, diy shop, pet shop, bmi gym, aurora restaurant, medical centre etc. Good bus routes (238 to Shopping centre, 40D and 38C to City Centre most via the business park.

If you run like a Greyhound or happen to jump on a bus the second you arrive at the Bus stop.

It is a 45 minute walk to the center. It's 15 minutes by car with traffic in mind and roughly the same by bus (but longer when you factor in the waiting time for the bus).

Sorry for being Anal but Tyrellstown is regarded generally as isolated from the greater Blanchardstown area due to the stretch between it and Mulhuddart village. Again, if you have a car this doesn't apply of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Would agree Mulhuddart Wood estate, Ashfield, Briarwood, Huntstown, Village heights and the Saddlers are nice places to live. Never had any hassle & have nice neighbours who would keep their eye on yr house if ya were away etc. There are 2 developments of lux apts at the 'end' of Mulhuddart - Canturbury Gate and can't rem the name of the other, but they are very quiet too.

Personally I wouldn't be mad on Tyrellstown, its a bit far out. Or Parnell estates- I know they're new but my friend was stabbed over near that area and she has not been right since, and had to leave a council house over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 180 ✭✭markas

zef wrote: »
    Would agree Mulhuddart Wood estate, Ashfield, Briarwood, Huntstown, Village heights and the Saddlers are nice places to live.

Just last weekend I had a walk in so called green park along Tolka.. I must say it is a very convinient litter damping facility for those nice people living in the neighbourhood.
    +1 for the area!

If you run like a Greyhound or happen to jump on a bus the second you arrive at the Bus stop.

It is a 45 minute walk to the center. It's 15 minutes by car with traffic in mind and roughly the same by bus (but longer when you factor in the waiting time for the bus).

Sorry for being Anal but Tyrellstown is regarded generally as isolated from the greater Blanchardstown area due to the stretch between it and Mulhuddart village. Again, if you have a car this doesn't apply of course.

15 minutes in a bus or car, buses aren't that bad in Tyrrelstown. It's isolated from Blanch as a whole but not really from the shopping centre in fairness.
    Most annoying thing is being so far away from train stations :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 180 ✭✭markas

15 minutes in a bus or car, buses aren't that bad in Tyrrelstown. It's isolated from Blanch as a whole but not really from the shopping centre in fairness.
    Most annoying thing is being so far away from train stations :mad:

Such is the nature of train stations - they cannot pop out in any location.
    But there is a remedy for that - two minibuses would do. It is probably not a sustainable business just for Tyrellstown residential area, but on the other hand, it is an excellent location if the business/industrial parks aroud are taken into account. It is probably too complex from legal/formal point of view. But mini-bus taxi drives could pick up the idea, if supperted by the locals (both businesses and residents), I think
    Some promotion to make it moving.. Do you think people would use such connection? How many are commuting to the city daily and a train could be a good alternative for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Polar101

markas wrote: »
    I think
    Some promotion to make it moving.. Do you think people would use such connection? How many are commuting to the city daily and a train could be a good alternative for them?

It'd be faster to get the 40D to town. The business parks already have private buses organized for people to get to city centre, so they wouldn't need a connection to the train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's 15 minutes by car with traffic in mind and roughly the same by bus (but longer when you factor in the waiting time for the bus).

It's only really like that at rush hour in the evenings, and even at that not every evening.
    but Tyrellstown is regarded generally as isolated from the greater Blanchardstown area due to the stretch between it and Mulhuddart village.

Some people see that as a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

markas wrote: »
    <SNIP>
    I see your other thread with that Facebook link was closed. Is that why you posted it again here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's only really like that at rush hour in the evenings, and even at that not every evening.

Some people see that as a bonus.

I've a bro and a sis in Tyrellstown and they find it a negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 compnetgreg

My reply was removed by administrator. I not allowed to post any links to the pictures and videos.
    Just I warn that house in Parnell Estate with the problem with cracks in all the walls and ceilings and floor (Pyrite?!)

I have not heard anything about it. Funny you should say it but i used to live in Royal Canal Park and over a few weeks huge cracks started appearing in the lobby wall. You could stick your fingers in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 compnetgreg

I have not heard anything about it. Funny you should say it but i used to live in Royal Canal Park and over a few weeks huge cracks started appearing in the lobby wall. You could stick your fingers in them.

1 You live in Parnell Estate? (house)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My reply was removed by administrator. I not allowed to post any links to the pictures and videos.
    Just I warn that house in Parnell Estate with the problem with cracks in all the walls and ceilings and floor (Pyrite?!)

Your post was removed because you're digging up zombie threads. Please stop doing this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement