Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites claiming to be Hollister Ireland

Options
  • 05-10-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I'm not a huge fan of the whole Hollister 'image' but I wore one of my friends hoodies the other day and good god was it comfortable. So I figured I'd check online to see if I could get one online without having to go into that terrible shop (hot, loud and dark).

Anyways, I came across these two websites:

http://www.hollisterdublin.com/

http://www.hollisterireland.com/

(Apologies if posting links is against the rules)

Now, I found it strange that the tops were so cheap and also that the company would have two Irish site so I'm thinking counterfeit/knockoff whatever.

Has anybody dealt with these sites or do ye know anything about the authenticity/quality/legality of them? Or somewhere I could a nice hoody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Both of these domains are registered to a front company in Australia designed to prevent the people behind the sites being traced easily. Feel free to send your credit card details to them.

ID#10760, PO Box 16
    Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org

City: Nobby Beach
    State:
    Zip: QLD 4218
    Tel No: 45 36946676

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Both of these domains are registered to a holding/front company in Australia. Feel free to send your credit card details to them.

ID#10760, PO Box 16
    Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org

City: Nobby Beach
    State:
    Zip: QLD 4218
    Tel No: 45 36946676

And one site was only created in September 2012 and the other in July 2012. Don't go near them. You have only to click on the 'Contact' link on both pages to see that they give no email address, no postal address and no phone number. And if you google www. hollisterireland.com, you get a report from someone who was scammed:

http://www.scambook.com/report/view/161141/hollisterirelandcom-Complaint-161141-for-$119.71

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1 molm

Hi,

I bought a hoody from hollisterco-ie.com and they sent me the wrong hoody. I cannot contact them to return the hoody so i am stuck with it and it is not as nice as the one i ordered. Do not buy from this website, it is a scam. Website address again is
    HOLLISTERCO-IE.COM.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

molm wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a hoody from hollisterco-ie.com and they sent me the wrong hoody. I cannot contact them to return the hoody so i am stuck with it and it is not as nice as the one i ordered. Do not buy from this website, it is a scam. Website address again is
    HOLLISTERCO-IE.COM.

What price are they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@RoscommonTom - you'd be well advised to stay clear, regardless of the price.

dudara wrote: »
    @RoscommonTom - you'd be well advised to stay clear, regardless of the price.

Thanks dudara, its hard to find that brand outside of dublin though, so was hopping to pick it up on the internet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They're fakes on that site. The official Hollister site delivers to Ireland http://eu.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreView?catalogId=11558&langId=-1&storeId=19158

Twee. wrote: »
    They're fakes on that site. The official Hollister site delivers to Ireland http://eu.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreView?catalogId=11558&langId=-1&storeId=19158

Thanks very much twee, their prices look very dear but maybe they are just a dear brand in general.

Yeah they're fairly expensive in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Sîmilar to this is www.abercrombieindublin.com a genuine site?

Use your common sense when looking at the websites - poor layout, pixelated photos, big boxes of badly written text and no physical address in the Contact Us section. Compare this to the real Abercrombie website and tell me what you think?

Don't get suckered in by cheap prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭scwazrh

How do these fake sites stay live? Abercrombie very publicly brought a limerick shop through the courts recently yet the site I mentioned has ben live since Abercrombie opened in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

One them websites has the rrp as 150€ down to 45, where has hollister for 150! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 matthewm2612

before reading these posts i was looking at a website "hollisterco-ireland.org" does anyone know if this website is dodgy ?

Undoubtedly yes. Read through the previous comments and take the advice offered.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Feebs10

Is this a real site or a scam? http://www.hollister-dublin.com/

Scam. Just even read through the thread.

This is the official Hollister website http://eu.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreView?catalogId=11558&langId=-1&storeId=19158

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Feebs10

I bought a couple of things on Wednesday, is that money gone or is there any hope of getting it back? Do I receive anything from them.

Feebs10 wrote: »
    I bought a couple of things on Wednesday, is that money gone or is there any hope of getting it back? Do I receive anything from them.

You may receive your goods but they won't be genuine. There's also a chance they'll be seized at customs. Happened to a mate of mine who unknowingly bought fake Nikes online.

You may have to wait until they arrive to process a refund through the company, or if they don't arrive contact them. I think the bank can also help you with a charge back, you'd need to contact them though!

Unfortunately these sites often disappear as quick as try appear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

A friend of mine bought a hollister hoody for her daughter from one of these websites. When it arrived it was actually a poorly made abercrombie hoody. The abercrombie logo was sewn on crooked and hanging off in places. The hoody itself was cheap, thin material. There was also threads hanging off all over the hoody. It went in the bin. She didn't use the website because it was cheaper, she used it because she genuinely thought it was real. As far as i remember she emailed them, no numbers on the website, and she was never able to get her money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Why can't fake websites be reported and shut down? Counterfeit goods are illegal, so why can't they be shut down & save people their money?

Caveat Emptor. I feel it's a massive part of the consumer's responsibility to check that they're buying from a safe seller. If it looks too good to be true, then it is. If the site looks a bit dodgy, then it is. If the genuine sites deliver to Ireland (like in Hollister's case) then why would they be selling the same goods on a different site at a knock down price?

Even a brief look at these sites will show up obvious signs of being counterfeit. That last one even mentioned that it was based in China, and the English read like it was pulled out of Google Translate. Hardly something official Hollister would do.

Twee. wrote: »
    Caveat Emptor. I feel it's a massive part of the consumer's responsibility to check that they're buying from a safe seller. If it looks too good to be true, then it is. If the site looks a bit dodgy, then it is. If the genuine sites deliver to Ireland (like in Hollister's case) then why would they be selling the same goods on a different site at a knock down price?

Even a brief look at these sites will show up obvious signs of being counterfeit. That last one even mentioned that it was based in China, and the English read like it was pulled out of Google Translate. Hardly something official Hollister would do.

I guess so.

I don't think I'd be fooled by such a site as it DOES read really badly.

However, if it's against the law to sell such goods, I just don't understand why the website isn't closed down.

As you said though, caveat emptor.

These sites actually tend to shut themselves down rather quickly. You could visit it a few weeks later and it's gone. The majority are registered in China so there's not a lot we can do from here. I'm not even sure where you'd report to! Customs do a fairly good job though, they intercept a lot of counterfeit goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 astaff1993

I bought some 100 worth of clothes off Hollister-Dublin.com thinking it was a legitimate site, the transaction hasn't gone through to my bank yet, what should I do

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Call your credit card provider and tell them to block the payment before it's authorised.

Probably best to cancel the card and have it reissued.

Easy tip when buying big brands online - if it has "ireland" in the name, but it's not a .ie site, then it's probably not legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 astaff1993

Yea I rang them up they said the only thing we can do is cancel the card, its just really awkward and annoying to have to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

scwazrh wrote: »
    How do these fake sites stay live? Abercrombie very publicly brought a limerick shop through the courts recently yet the site I mentioned has ben live since Abercrombie opened in dublin
    Why can't fake websites be reported and shut down? Counterfeit goods are illegal, so why can't they be shut down & save people their money?

Who specifically do you think should be spending their time looking for fake sites, trying to negotiate with website hosts in China to get the sites shut down, and stopping the sites popping up with a different domain name a few days later?

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    Who specifically do you think should be spending their time looking for fake sites, trying to negotiate with website hosts in China to get the sites shut down, and stopping the sites popping up with a different domain name a few days later?

Did I say specifically that someone would have to do that? However, if someone came across a website that is fake/scam, there should be a 'body' to report it to. Why does Hotmail have the option to mark some mail as phishing scams etc? I'm sure with all the governing bodies that exist that it wouldn't be too difficult to have a website one that officiates real/fake websites. Obviously the fact that it can be closed down and recreated again within hours (or less) proves difficult and makes them harder to track but surely not impossible. There has to be a trail sOMEWHERE in order for these crooks to get their payments.

Advertisement