Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music burned to dvd wont play on cd player in car

Options
  • 27-09-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi
    Ive music on my computer - mp3 format that i burned onto a dvd so to play on the cd player in the car (the inbuilt cd player with the radio)

The Music plays fine on the dvd on the computer but it wont play in the cd player in the car - cd player in the car just spits out the dvd and says CD error

I figure that i need to change the format of the music from mp3 to another format so that they will play on the cd player in the car - right

If so what do i need to do or am i doing something really stupid here

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

DVD?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

DVD's dont play on CD players

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks
    Yep - i burned it onto a DVD as the CD wouldnt take all of the mp3 files i wanted to burn

Do i need to burn them onto CD instead and this should work

Will the burned cd play the mp3 format or do i need to convert them to some other format?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

Copy the music folders from the computer (usually under "My Music") on to a blank CD. A typical CD folder is about 50 MB. A blank CD can hold 700 MB so you should be able to fit at least 10 CDs on to the blank CD. The tracks will be in mp3 format.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

this assumes the car cd player can play mp3 cd's though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Firstly you recorded on to a DVD - should it not be a CD/CDR?

Secondly you saved as MP3. If the car is older the unit won't play MP3's. Also some units, especially Sony won't read burnt discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

MacGyver wrote: »
    this assumes the car cd player can play mp3 cd's though

That's the assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks for the replies and advise
    Reading the manual for the radio/cd player for the car - it doesnt support mp4 format - wouild have to be in mp3 format
    Thanks

Advertisement