Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch Site - thread jumping back pages after posting

Options
  • 21-09-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Today when I'm posting a reply to a thread on the touch site, after the post is submitted, instead of bringing me back to the last page of the thread, it's jumping back to previous pages. In some cases it's only a few pages, in other cases its hundreds.

Using iPhone on iOS 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Same here.
    Happened a few times to me today. I posted a reply to a thread just a few minutes ago and when the page loaded, I was at a page from 4 months ago.

I'm also on iPhone running iOS 6

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm having the same issue! Also on iPhone using iOS 6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Just letting ye know lads the site devs have said they're not supporting iOS 6 yet, BUT, I'm glad ye brought it up because I thought it was just my imagination til I tested it on the X Factor thread there, the thread was on page 8, but when I posted, not only did it double post, but also after I posted, I was landed back in the middle of page 7, and had to navigate to page 8 where I saw the double post.

The good news though (for iOS 6 users) and the bad news for the site devs, is that this is not an iOS specific issue. I am posting from a Nokia N8 using Opera Mobile v12.

EDIT: Just after posting there in a 578 page thread and it bumped me back to page 426, no biggy to press 578 down the bottom and go to the last page in the thread, but still a little disconcerting at the same time.

Game of "Boards Portal" anyone- How far did you get bumped back? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

The larger the thread, the more pages it'll jump you back.

This is not an iOS specific bug, it's a touch bug. I'll be looking into fixing it shortly, I already know the culprit.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

This issue should now be resolved, thanks for the bug report.

Danny

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement