Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Deck Coach in Galway?

Options
  • 16-09-2012 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Are Bus Éireann going to start using the new Double Deck coaches on the 20/ X20 services? I saw one parked up out in the depot in Galway today. It is hardly there for maintenance! Would there not be serious luggage issues with students and shoppers with large suitcases and bags?

While I'm on about the Dublin to Galway bus, particularly the x20 I have a question for bus Éireann people. When travelling between Athlone and Galway should this service be using the brand new multi million Euro motorway or just sticking to the broke down old national route like many drivers seem to do?

Motorway allows them travel at up to 100kph so will be faster even with slightly longer access roads between the motorway and the few stops on the route, and is a lot more comfortable than the old route especially on the new buses yet many drivers won't use it?! Why is this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Are Bus Éireann going to start using the new Double Deck coaches on the 20/ X20 services? I saw one parked up out in the depot in Galway today. It is hardly there for maintenance! Would there not be serious luggage issues with students and shoppers with large suitcases and bags?

Did you ask Bus Eireann, perhaps? No? In which case why are you asking the forum users?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Here you go- http://irishtransport.yuku.com/directory
    Ask the lads on this site, they know a thing or two about CIE etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Did you ask Bus Eireann, perhaps? No? In which case why are you asking the forum users?

Perhaps because it's Sunday and there are no BE staff to ask today? Or maybe he just felt like asking cranky gits for answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

While I'm on about the Dublin to Galway bus, particularly the x20 I have a question for bus Éireann people. When travelling between Athlone and Galway should this service be using the brand new multi million Euro motorway or just sticking to the broke down old national route like many drivers seem to do?

Motorway allows them travel at up to 100kph so will be faster even with slightly longer access roads between the motorway and the few stops on the route, and is a lot more comfortable than the old route especially on the new buses yet many drivers won't use it?! Why is this?

If I were Foggy_Lad,and I was actually interested in getting answers to the (latest) list of questions,I would firstly try Bus Eireann themselves then move swiftly along to the NTA.

Most of us Monkeys on here cannot do the Organ Grinders work,unless Foggy_Lad can find an adaptor to plug in....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

CityDirect have a Red double decker on the Knocknacarra route nowadays so Bus Éireann gotta shape UP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There are bus stops along the route that are miles away from the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Loughrea is approx 10km (of broke down old national route:rolleyes:) away from J16 on the M6, not slightly longer. Of course you would have known this had you searched for the info or even just glanced at a map before coming on here with yet another of your attacks on BE drivers.

Perhaps if you worked for a living rather than swanning around the country courtesy of the public purse you would have a little bit more respect for people doing their job than to constantly attempt to slander them with an endless stream of fabricated gripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,149 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Loughrea is approx 10km (of broke down old national route:rolleyes:) away from J16 on the M6

The road in to Loughrea from J16 is entirely new-build.

Advertisement