Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creative Fantasy writer needed for gaming project

Options
  • 23-08-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

We are looking for a creative writer to build out a story that is ultmately going to be used as a game. We have the bones of a story but we now want to build this out with lots & lots more detail. The storyline is around an epic quest adventure & needs to be a big story ...as in something that can expand & expand..(if that makes sense).

Interested in hearing from writers who have something already written in this area to get a feel for your writing.

:).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

What does it pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jojamy

Hi
    renumeration for the project will depend on the experience of the writer in the fantasy world area. not looking for publlished writers but we will need to read some of their work to understand their creative thinking. Open to suggestions on payment by project , by words, by day.

regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Jojamy wrote: »
    Hi all

We are looking for a creative writer to build out a story that is ultmately going to be used as a game. We have the bones of a story but we now want to build this out with lots & lots more detail. The storyline is around an epic quest adventure & needs to be a big story ...as in something that can expand & expand..(if that makes sense).

Interested in hearing from writers who have something already written in this area to get a feel for your writing.

:).

Hi Jojamy,

Can you give us more information on what the Epic Quest Adventure actually is, please? Is it non-violent? How is interactivity established and maintained? The story needs to expand and contract, accordion to Gaming Law, so it can march onwards and upwards. It should seem like it is expanding and expanding, when, in fact, it is actually following natural flow, just giving the impression it is expanding and expanding.

Here's a prime example:

Jojamy wrote: »
    Hi
    renumeration for the project will depend on the experience of the writer in the fantasy world area. not looking for publlished writers but we will need to read some of their work to understand their creative thinking. Open to suggestions on payment by project , by words, by day.

regards.

Very nice that you are not looking for published writers, but non-published means free to write without constraint to the whims of the publisher. Therefore, your Quest needs to be examined by a potential writer as to whether it would be subject to . . . be subject to whim, or if it could float freely wherever it needed to go . . . to follow the Quest.

What is The Quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Apparently,Jojamy, since you are not forthcoming in alluding, even in a small way, to what The Quest of your Game could be, do I need to begin guessing?

Is The Quest to travel the length and breadth of Ireland looking for clues as to the identity of the instigator of the following new party, as well as upcoming secret meeting places where they are organising this new apolitical party . . . and identify him or her for appropriate action?

Does the winner get a 1 oz gold coin . . . an Ancient Druidic prototype of a futuristic Canadian Maple Leaf 99.9999%?

Apparently, our fearful leaders are hopping mad this letter was leaked to the press. A subordinate secretary wrote the letter, based on Intel and AMD he had gleaned from "reliable sources" on the street, but, due to a long term tight contract with RSA Security, an old News of the World APT algorithm that "entered" his computer last year, plucked it off his laptop and fired it off to little old me!

(I had to post it on The IrishTimes. It is my duty as a Knight Errant to right all wrongs in this world.)

The following post was online at The Irish Times for approximately 3 minutes before it got pulled, but, as they say: "once on the net, always on the net," so I would imagine it has been Bittorrented and RSSed all over the place. i.e. this letter is nothing new:

Hi¸

To the 44% or 700,000 householders (not homeowners, since that sounds too warm and cuddly,) householders that have not paid the “household fee,” we are going to be sending you a collections letter in the near future, outlining the reasons behind the new fee, and asking you nicely to remit your payment. This letter needs to be sent in the near future, because we really can’t see us having much more of a run at it, when it comes to “government” and “banks,” as we see them today. Rather than not mattering if FF or FG wins the next election, and because, as you all now, know we are just pretending to have opposing views, rumour has it that there is a new party . . . the FU (Fál Ulaidh) Party, which will be the party to beat and could really throw a witches broom into our front spokes people. If anyone has information as to the whereabouts of the ringleaders of this party, we need to find them and buy them out as soon as possible. We are offering €10 off your household tax for the next 2 years for any information as to where they meet to discuss issues. We almost came up with10% off, but luckily, Noonan corrected us, as a percentage would be indexed to any future increases, which is always a bad thing . . . for us. (Thanks,Noon-The-Loon.)

Anyway,enough about our problems. We’ve been running through a few scenarios as to how we should proceed with this collections letter, and in the interest of complete transparency, like Dave and Nick, who are having tremendous success in showing they are extremely transparent, we feel it is only right to run this letter by you in advance:

Dear Householder,

Please pay the household tax immediately; otherwise we will be forced to resign as a government due to non-confidence of the people of Ireland. And do you really want that to happen? The FU Party, I hear, has no forced taxation, just voluntary . . . oh, sorry. I have been told to stop. This isn’t a campaign message!

To give you a little background, back in the 80s, Irish banks began the “MonetaryCrescendo” of giving out loans with fractional reserve lending policies, as did most Western banks. Money was created out of thin air, or out of thin Eire, as we jokingly say behind closed doors. This glut of fictitiously inflated borrowed money caused everything to inflate, except for the consumer price index, which we played with to keep it “throttled,” or in technical terms:“suppressed beyond belief.” For example: when petrol goes up, one drives less to compensate, therefore the consumer price index stays level.

Since the USA cranked up their interest rates steadily by a ¼% per month from 1% in 2004 to 5% in 2006, then suddenly “got worried” about the validity of people’s ability to carry their existing loans, they “pulled the plug” on new money . .. I mean loans . . . and 1 year later, we had a magic USA “crash” in people not paying their Alt A, sub-prime, teaser rate, 110% mortgages, which were wrapped up as MBSs (or Mortgage BSs in the trade,) sold far and wide, especially in Iceland, and voila, all of a sudden, the “Monetary Descendo” began all over the world. Or, as we like to joke around, all of a sudden . . . viola!

You need to know this highly technical fact: the loaning of money when expanding is exponential, and when contracting is, in technical terms, really bad.

Anyway,to make a long story short . . . I mean . . . keep the truth brief . . . the banks are forcing our hands and making all governments print even more money and give it to the banks for free to compensate them for their actions. We will not pursue the logical solution of giving free money to people of the respective countries and letting the banks fail, which we all agree is what needs to be done. Instead, we need to negate the banks’ bad “assets,” which are your realized unpaid debts sitting on their books with corresponding “free money,”until they say stop.

Sorry, but they “own us,” so we have to do what we are told, even though we have a hard time doing it with a straight face.

All of this money printing is being blamed on the people of Ireland, when in fact, the banks were to blame for printing money out of thin air, while we, as your government, elected by you and for you, were also printing money out of thin air with a fictitious debt load for each Euro printed, I might add. This equation is, in technical terms, called “magic.” No-one can figure it out, even me, and my brain has a tremendous capacity for technicalities, which I am sure you can all attest to.

We are having a really hard time making endas meet, as my colleagues like to joke with me, and we thought that this new tax would be right up our alley. Next year, it will be €200, and after that, the sky’s the limit; a really good twist on the poll tax. And we’re glad that 56% of you agree and are compliant!

So please accept the blame with our thanks and apologies. We’ll let you know when the banks say “stop.” Actually, you’ll probably hear it before us, because as soon as the banks send out pre-approval letters for credit cards even if you don’t have a job, everything will be golden again.

And there will be no reason for an FU party, just a partay!!!

Pay up or else.

Sincerely as I could possibly be,

xxxxxxxxx

PS: the FU party wants to print money debt free and just give it away to Irish people . . . this is not good for Enda, therefore, not good for Irish people – just to let you know.

So, Jojamy, is this a good guess, or is this a good guess?

[I heard their last meeting was in Dundrum.]

Advertisement