Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Combi box - Walker vs Triax ?

Options
  • 15-08-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I'm just wondering whether to go for the Walker or the Triax Saorview approved combi box. I'm curious about what advantages one has over the other. The Triax is about €30 more I think, is there any particular reason to pay the bit more? I think I heard the Walker has live pause, which the Triax doesn't have, which is a big plus. From pictures it looks like the Walker has its USB port at the front - not good when you have toddlers :)

I presume for recording both need hard drives that have their own power supply? They won't supply power to a desktop USB powered drive?

Opinions much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

The satworld.ie site has a useful feature list on both that allows easy comparison. Even better the tvtrade.ie site lists advantages and disadvantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

for the most part these are the 3 main differences...

You can only watch what you are recording on the Walker. The Triax is more flexible in regards to recording features
    All channels appear in a single channel list on the Triax. On the Walker, you need to press the OPT button on the remote to switch between the Irish & UK channel lists
    You can view some UK Digital Teletext Services on the Walker. This is not available on the Triax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Cesium Clock

bbc red button works on the walker aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

All channels appear in a single channel list on the Triax. On the Walker, you need to press the OPT button on the remote to switch between the Irish & UK channel lists

This would be a big reason to go to the Triax - for me a major reason to buy a combo box is the convenience of having all channels bunched together.

Advertisement