Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft work experience video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I press this to log-on but it doesn't show me how to apply. http://speedcap.net/img/3b65e07d427a6089dec39a99e2ae5ffd/2f55c1f0.png

What do I do? Also, I'm going to do a podcast and just talk about what I basically have on my CV but in a more formal way, if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Troxck wrote: »
    I press this to log-on but it doesn't show me how to apply. http://speedcap.net/img/3b65e07d427a6089dec39a99e2ae5ffd/2f55c1f0.png

What do I do? Also, I'm going to do a podcast and just talk about what I basically have on my CV but in a more formal way, if that makes sense?
    Site's broken, you need to copy and paste the user and token parameters in the original URL. I'll up a cap later with details, but I'm on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Site's broken, you need to copy and paste the user and token parameters in the original URL. I'll up a cap later with details, but I'm on my phone.

Thanks!There's little chance I'll get it and Dublin is far away but I may as well apply!

Right, I finally got around to doing this, I basically didn't notice two days or so flying by.

If you've created an account and logged in, you'll get something like this:

Qg6t5.png

Copy everything in the url from and including userid onwards.

Now go back to the offer you can't see details for.

TcRbq.png

After the the last digit in the URL, type an & symbol and paste in what you first copied after it.
    thadr.png

press return, et voila.

PM me if you have any trouble.

Proudly Posted from an Open Source, Non-Microsoft operating system.

Troxck wrote: »
    Thanks a million! How did you figure it out though? I feel so stupid

Ah I guessed it was an authentication issue.

Also, maybe take out your quote of all my humongous screenshots? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

ok so about what to say we didnt really cover it yet. So it recommends talking about your favourite subjects, any experience with IT and any projects and when you worked as a team to complete a task. For that part could people put like a sample one up in writing just to have an idea on where to go. But this is the part that confuses me; the other things to talk about, whats cool about cloud and all that stuff, i dont have a clue, does anybody know what they are going to say for that is they even are haha, thanks

RoRo979 wrote: »
    ok so about what to say we didnt really cover it yet. So it recommends talking about your favourite subjects, any experience with IT and any projects and when you worked as a team to complete a task. For that part could people put like a sample one up in writing just to have an idea on where to go. But this is the part that confuses me; the other things to talk about, whats cool about cloud and all that stuff, i dont have a clue, does anybody know what they are going to say for that is they even are haha, thanks

I really don't mean to be offensive, but I think what they are trying to do there is find out who has genuine interest in the area and will go into the area in the future.

TL;DR you're supposed to speak from the heart, without any help from boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

I really don't mean to be offensive, but I think what they are trying to do there is find out who has genuine interest in the area and will go into the area in the future.

TL;DR you're supposed to speak from the heart, without any help from boards :)

Haha yes i know that, there trying the split between the people who want to do it and the people who just think it would be fun.

Like i have a genuine interest in IT, i have begun learning my coding languages such as c++,HTML etc, but to be honest i am clueless about cloud things i just know the basics, I am just looking for ideas on what to say,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

I plan on doing a video this week or next,but my IT experience is quite limited as there is no technical graph or subjects like that offered in my school,as it is quite small.
    Anybody thinking of leaving it until they get their JC results back,because my almost 100% certain all my grades improved and it would look better !

anybody get a reply :S ?

• Advertisement

Oozamine wrote: »
    anybody get a reply :S ?

:( No.... You? I take it not... :LLL

:( No.... You? I take it not... :LLL

Nope,last year they sent out first offers at about 9pm,so there is still hope haha!
    I'll post it on here if i get anything but im starting to get doughtful :( !

Nope,last year they sent out first offers at about 9pm,so there is still hope haha!
    I'll post it on here if i get anything but im starting to get doughtful :( !

Damn... 9:11 and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CloudyDinosaur

I just got mine now! Around 9:15 PM. I'm so relieved. Don't give up hope! Hotmail has been dodgy for me all day - taking ages to load, leading to blank pages, etc. Maybe they're just not getting through!

Well done ! Nope,didnt get an email,real dissapointed :(
    @dalta5billion,you get anything?

Well done ! Nope,didnt get an email,real dissapointed :(
    @dalta5billion,you get anything?

sniff... waaaah. nope.

Congrats anyways, CloudyDinosaur!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CloudyDinosaur

Crap.. I feel like I was boasting now.. I'm sorry...

Also, remember that there's BOUND to be somebody who drops out because their date doesn't suit. You still have a chance!

Crap.. I feel like I was boasting now.. I'm sorry...

Also, remember that there's BOUND to be somebody who drops out because their date doesn't suit. You still have a chance!
    Not at all! You have the right to be happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

Nothing either... sob!!

Was hoping maybe less people applied because of the bug on the website when applying :D Obviously not!

Trinity Computer Science Workshop it is so :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Congrats to whoever got it, best of luck, it's a great place
    Some people don't accept their offers due to dates clashing with other work exp dates or whatever so there's still a chance.
    And say hi to Ann for me :)

I wanted to get in Google too but you needed to know someone who worked there :( And now in 5th year I do :mad:

PS: You might think the day with the Xbox team will be really fun but it's actually the most boring place there :eek: other than that, brilliant

Trinity Computer Science Workshop it is so
    That looks gas :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement