Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake hollister website

Options
  • 13-07-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Looking for a bit of help here.I ordered 4 hoodies off this website http://www.hollisterindundrum.org/ which i thought was genuine. I recieved the products today and they are not only fakes but diff to what i ordered and 2 are abercrombie. The site also charged me extra.

I have blocked my visa card with the bank and was told to write a letter to the bank explaining what happened. I have emailed the head office of the official hollister brand after the shop in dundrum told me this website was fake but there was nothing they could do about it.

Any ideas of where i can go from here:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Domain Registrant Info:
    Admin ID: DI_21136471
    Admin Name:kael
    Admin Organization:N/A
    Admin Street1:new york yash road 108
    Admin Street2:
    Admin Street3:
    Admin City:new york
    Admin State/Province:New York
    Admin Postal Code:10075
    Admin Country:US
    Admin Phone:+1.41522345321
    Admin Phone Ext.:
    Admin FAX:
    Admin FAX Ext.:
    Admin Email:

Also from their contact us page:
    Skype phone number: kingalico

And their email is a gMail account?

The address new york yash road 108 does not exist.

Where were the items sent from? Does it say it on the packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pamkin30

ya it just says on the delivery docket hong kong.. i wasn't aware of this when ordered:o I take it i prob have no come back

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's always a good idea to check the contact details on websites before buying from them. On that site the e-mail address is gmail and you an telephone them via Skype, both of which immediately flag is as being suspicious. Little consolation now, but it might save you getting caught out again in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

lee3155 wrote: »
    Domain Registrant Info:

Also from their contact us page:

And their email is a gMail account?

The address new york yash road 108 does not exist.

Where were the items sent from? Does it say it on the packaging?

How do you get these details? Thanks.

thanks not familar with skpe and the email address would not have meant anything to me, its something i'll def look out for in the future.there's probably no point even writing in to the bank so:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Doom wrote: »
    How do you get these details? Thanks.

Do a whois search on the url like this
    pamkin30 wrote: »
    thanks not familar with skpe and the email address would not have meant anything to me, its something i'll def look out for in the future.there's probably no point even writing in to the bank so:mad:

Generally if it's a legitimate business their e-mail address won't be a webmail address (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.), but will be something like info@hollister.com. There should also be a proper phone number, not a skype contact, and if you're in doubt you can google the phone number to see if it is genuine. Finally, proper business websites will not usually end with .org. It's not impossible, but very unusual and again could indicate that it's a fake.

thanks for that , i suppose u live and learn:o after €220:mad:

Unfortunately they are not irish so not sure what comeback you have unfortunately.

You could get onto your bank and explain the situation, something like false advertising might entitle you to get a changerback or such.

I'm not too great when it comes to this but I will do a little digging and see if I can find out anything else about them.

I'm definately under the impression your were sold goods different to the ones advertised at time of purchace, but without info on the business then theres ultimately noting we can do.

Did you try ring the number listed on their whois?

Update:

Their host is http://www.panamaserver.com/

Best off to open a ticket under their abuse department They should help you.

I'll keep digging, I might just reach Hong Kong when I'm finished.

no i didn't ring number, i had ordered 4 hoodies in total. 2 for my sis for her birthday and 2 for myself. The 2 green ones we recieved were a different type hollister hoody than ordered and the 2 white ones came as abercrombie hoodies There were only 2 types of hoodies ordered in total by 2.

When i purchased them the total price was €164 with €18 euro delivery charge making it a total of €182 but when my credit card was charged it was for €220.94 cent. I emailed the buyer as was starting to get suss at this stage and they claimed it was currency diff:mad:

• Advertisement

no i didn't ring number, i had ordered 4 hoodies in total. 2 for my sis for her birthday and 2 for myself. The 2 green ones we recieved were a different type hollister hoody than ordered and the 2 white ones came as abercrombie hoodies There were only 2 types of hoodies ordered in total by 2.

When i purchased them the total price was €164 with €18 euro delivery charge making it a total of €182 but when my credit card was charged it was for €220.94 cent. I emailed the buyer as was starting to get suss at this stage and they claimed it was currency diff:mad:

If you have a reciept of the payment being €164 then show it to your bank and get the difference of €220 - €164 back atleast.

UPDATE:

The site was only put up 14 days ago and is powered by ZenCart.

Its seo score is 57.7% which is probably how you stumbled upon it.

It is in fact not shared hosting, either a VPS or Dedicated server with the IP address 201.182.100.100 and is located in Panama.

no i don't. I am currently on live chat with panama server and they're are saying they can do nothing to help

no i don't. I am currently on live chat with panama server and they're are saying they can do nothing to help

Try submitting a ticket anyhow from their client area in their abuse department if they have one and see where it goes.

Also I added more information to my post above.

Update:

Seeing the domain registrant information is indeed false, you should report them to ICANN (http://icann.org)

Also...

Reverse Whois:
    "kael" owns about 96 other domains

Email Search:
    is associated with about 133 domains

Must try get my hands on those domains.

Found him on Facebook, not much info but ahwell.

Type his email into the Facebook search box and his profile will pop up.

thanks for all your help lee3155, i really haven't a clue what to do or where to turn but i really appreciate all your help. I've emailed both those companies

Not a problem. Sorry if I am confusing you haha.

Erm.. I just found out that http://hollisterindundrum.net/ is the same site but in Irish, completely different contact details.

Here's some of the details:
    Registrant:
    meijinshen
    meijin shen ()
    pu tian shi kuo kou xiao qu
    putian
    Fujian,351100
    CN
    Tel. +86.05942391595
    Fax. +86.00000000

Creation Date: 03-Jul-2012
    Expiration Date: 03-Jul-2013

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns11.bigwww.com
    ns12.bigwww.com

Administrative Contact:
    meijinshen
    meijin shen ()
    pu tian shi kuo kou xiao qu
    putian
    Fujian,351100
    CN
    Tel. +86.05942391595
    Fax. +86.00000000

As said above, you can find the rest on http://whois.domaintools.com/hollisterindundrum.net

Its seo score is 55.8%.

If there is anything else I can do to help please don't hesitate to let me know. Showing this information to the hosting provider might help and also contacting ICANN about the fake info for the domain, that should get it blacklisted at least.

Sorry this happened to you. It sickens me the things people do these days for money.

UPDATE:

The server for hollisterindundrum.net is hosted in Atlanta in the US.

IP Address: 66.55.78.132
    Server Location: us Atlanta, United States

You should take a look at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Thank u so much, i really appreciate it..i'll let you know what response i get back from the companies if any.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 happygirl123

Sorry to hear that Pamkin,

Same thing happened to me, I bought an abercrombie hoodie, as fake as it gets, got in contact with site saying it was a fake, they just e-mailed me back saying that it would cost too much to return it, so i should consider keeping it basically, I have e-mailed them saying I'm not letting it go, but I think I will have to take the hit and see it as a lesson for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Edmondstown

I recently got caught with Hollisterdublin site, really silly of me not to have copped it. Thankfully AIB got onto me immed next morn, when I asked what I could do they said try to cancel as it had only been a few hours. It was hard to find a contact for them, but I was able to email them, I stated the order number and said I wanted to cancel. I then blocked my credit card. I was amazed to hear back from them but was unsure it was them (so vague was there badly written email) and they said something about a 5% handling charge and would I not reconsider, I didnt reply to the email as I was unsure it was from them (there was no detail). I then received another email saying they had passed on the cancellation to the third party. I emailed a few days ago asking how long the refund would take, they said it could be upto 30 days. I was not very hopeful, but am delighted to say less than 10 days later the money was refunded less 5% (jst over €5) in my case deducted. I was lucky. So my advice is if you get caught and read this quite soon after ordering, cancel as soon as possible, saying your bank advised you to as their site is not genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tatyana

Hi Pamkin30 & Edmondstown,

Like you, I too got shafted on the website www.hollister-dublin.com. The items (2hoodies) totalled €101.98 including €18 delivery. When I didn't receive an email confirmation/receipt from the website after the placing the order I was suspicious. But too late; when I checked my account, not one but two transactions had been taken out! One transaction was for €104.98 and the other was for €103.73. That was four days ago now. I wish I had read your post Edmondstown before this, I would have tried to cancel it straight away and get € back. But I rang the bank immediately and cancelled my card, fearing they would clean my account, so I'm presuming now that it is too late to test your advice. Think I'll just have to suck it up! I'm so mad and stupid but I have learned a hard, hard lesson; I could have had 3 original Hollister hoodies for the amount I was charged!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sy77

I have also been caught out with this website. The site looked genuine when i ordered and i even went so far as to check the delivery method etc.... I ordered yesterday (bday presents for my sons 16th bday) and alarm bells rang today when i received an email from Anna Wu (email address hollisterdublin123@gmail.com) saying one of the items is not available, but the wording was off. I then stated i want to cancel the order, also mailed a complaints email address i got on another email from them.
    No reply from either so far! I rang my credit card company and i havnt been charged YET but they say cancelling my card wont work as any new card will be linked to the old one. I have to wait to see if they agree to cancel my order or if they go ahead and charge me try to be reimbursed at that stage! CRAZY that MY CC company cant put a stop on the payment going through if you ask me.......

I am seriously upset, i cant afford to lose this money (almost €200) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

Distance selling regulation any good in these cases?

Also, if paid for by CC, could a chargeback be requested? (on fraud grounds)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sy77

Cheers for those suggestions ElGato.

I dont really know anything about Distance selling regulation but i will look into it now. I genuinely would never buy counterfeit goods and was completely unaware the site was fake.
    My CC company did mention something about a chargeback but in my case i have to wait and see if they charge me first..... which all takes time. Hopefully they will cancel the order as they did with Edmondstown. Edmondstown, how long it was before you received the email from them confirming the cancellation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tatyana

I too got the broken English email from Anna Wu(hollisterdublin123@gmail.com)! As I explained in a previous thread, two payments were taken from my account for the items purchased. When I rang the bank they told me the payments had been made by 'EBL *Yoncemor' in Bejing!! After I had cancelled my bank card and made sure they could take no more money from my account I then emailed Anna Wu to say I was aware that the website was not genuine, I wanted to cancel the order and I wanted my money back. I received an email back from Anna saying that the company had only taken one payment from my card and I would have to send a screenshot of my account debits to prove this! She also said the hoodies had already been posted! By the end of the day the duplicate payment had been returned to my account! So I ignored the email and thought 'Right, I have been stung but I managed to get the second payment back so suck it up and learn from it!'
    I received the hoodies last week (almost two weeks after ordering them), they are definitely a sham! The material is not the same, the logo is sewn on crooked and the sizing is quite the opposite to a real Hollister hoodie!...A size medium, which usually fits me in a genuine Hollister hoodie is miles too big having come from Anna Wu's sweatshop!
    I have been shopping online for years and have never been scammed like this before but I will be much more vigilant in future! Oh and on that note just to warn you fellow shoppers, I was told there is a karenmillen-ireland.com website similar to that of www.hollisterdublin.com

Advertisement