Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-07-2012, 18:36   #1
peasant

Gloves for working with brambles / blackthorn

My "garden" is a fairly thorny affair, whenever I do any work in it my hands and arms look like I've been in a wrestling match with 20 angry cats

Normal leather rigger gloves (and some common sense) work ok for manual handling/pruning ...my main problem arises when I use my lawnmover.

I have to drag that under and around thorny bushes and the fabric back of the rigger gloves offers no protection for the back of my hands while the wrists are bare.

Im looking for a reasonably light (and affordable) type of glove that offers allround protection against thorns and possibly has long sleeves as well to protect the wrists.

Any glove you can recommend? Where can I get it?
Advertisement
08-07-2012, 20:52   #2
ZX7R

I use welders gloves when i am working with brambles and any like that,also they would cover you up to your elbows,you will get them in any good hardware shop.
08-07-2012, 20:58   #3
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX7R View Post
I use welders gloves when i am working with brambles and any like that,also they would cover you up to your elbows,you will get them in any good hardware shop.
THIS.....I was just going to reply and suggest the same....brillant for really tough gardening jobs & offer protection up and over the wrist and are tough! My local co-op does them fairly reasonably.
08-07-2012, 21:02   #4
peasant

Thanks to both of you!

I'll give welding gloves a try so

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size