Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massive issue with childminder

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,541 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Screw the in-laws, they won't get anything they don't deserve, and no names are named.

There is way too much tolerance in this country to wrongdoing.

Scrap the cap!

Deleting the thread would imply the OP was wrong to post what they posted.

It would deny others in a similar situation in future to see this thread and its outcome (perhaps painful for the OPs in-laws precious feelings, but definitely beneficial to the children concerned) and won't encourage them to do the right thing, which is to protect the welfare of children above the feelings of adults.

Whatever about locking it (and I don't see a reason to lock it), deleting the thread would be flat out wrong.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

ninja900 wrote: »
    Deleting the thread would imply the OP was wrong to post what they posted.

It would deny others in a similar situation in future to see this thread and its outcome (perhaps painful for the OPs in-laws precious feelings, but definitely beneficial to the children concerned) and won't encourage them to do the right thing, which is to protect the welfare of children above the feelings of adults.

Whatever about locking it (and I don't see a reason to lock it), deleting the thread would be flat out wrong.

Perhaps you are right, my only thought that it might save some hardship for the OP that would be caused if the OP's in-laws read this.

Anyone in the situation would obviously know who it was.

The idea of locking it was to make it fade away with the other locked threads.

If a mod feels the thread has run its course then locking it is fine, but deleting it would be another thing.

Irish people have a great desire to be seen to be 'nice' but often this leads to not rockign the boat at all costs, saying one thing to people's faces and doing or saying another behind their backs. However where children are concerned there's no room for pussyfooting about, imho.

Some straight talking at the get-go would've prevented this whole unfortunate situation and would have ultimately led to less hassle with the in-laws. However if the outcome is the shutdown of a creche that was potentially harmful to kids, then it's a good thing, even if some adults who should've known better have their egos hurt.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

OP, I hope you found childcare that you and your children will be happy with. Your opening post was a very shocking read and I am so glad you have got your kids away from that hell hole. Delighted that your husband is now on board with what is best for your children.

The fact that your Mother in law and sister in law would not let on that the pre school inspector was around shows that they had something to hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We won't be locking or deleting the thread unless the OP comes back and asks us to. It's not up for debate so stop posting about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

O.P i'm glad there was a happy ending.
    in life we tend stand up to our partners quicker than we do to our own families. at the start your husband thought he was doing the right thing and was i suppose was fearful to a degree from the backlash from his family. but it took him alot more courage to standby you and make a right stand in the end.from the time we grow up we are taught never to answer back especially to our elders (parents).it's natural that the last people we want to hurt apart from our children are our parents , that goes for both husbands and wifes sides of families. we will be the same when we try to teach our kids right from wrong. when it comes to in laws i think most of us can relate to this thread in some degree no matter how small.

Advertisement