Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect tops and bass bins

Options
  • 25-06-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Well guys,
    Im a newbie on Boards, hope this is the right section,
    Right heres my question im dj'n all kinds of partys house parties and events the last year or that, Iv a set of prosound 500w passive tops and a prosound 1600w amp not great but does the trick and im using a Numark cdmix 1 as my mixer cds for back up and using spare channel for my laptop. I bought a behringer ep2500w amp their recently great amp, Im using the behringer amp with the tops for the mean time, but i want to buy subs/bass bins, i was looking at these
    Behringer VP1800 S http://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_vp1800_s.htm, i want a bit more power for bigger places.
    My question is I want to run the tops of the prosound amp and the two bins of the behringer amp, but how would i go about it? do i need a crossover? just how would i connect everything up? Hope someone can help thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 paradiddler86

Well man im kinda in the same boat as ya only band related not DJ but i know enough to answer your question.
    Yes you would need a cross over but what i'd recommend are these bins:
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_b_1800_x_pro.htm
    They have a "built-in" crossover which sends all the low sound to the bins and mids and high sounds to the tops. I dont know how to connect everything with a seperate crossover but here's how you'd hook up everything using the bins with the built in crossover:
    Mixers left and right output to the amps channel A and B inputs (using xlr cables)
    Then the amps channel A speakon output to the bass bins input (using speakon cables obviously) then another speakon cable from the bass bins output to the top speakers input.
    (Channel A would be the left side so just repeat for channel B for the right side of the stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 djdarren

Thanks man for the help, i think i have it figured out, i just order two of the bins today not the built in crossover but im also buying a crossover from thomann,
    The way i think you wire it up is:
    the crossover has two sides left and right, each side has an input and a high and low out put, so xlrs from my mixer to each side of the cross over.
    Then left and right HIGH outputs of the cross over to my prosound amp inputs and left and right LOW to the behringer amp, and speakons to the tops and to the bins,
    I think thats how it works, but thanks for ur help much appreciated!!

Advertisement