Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Lockers (Irish Rail Stations) - Now available

Options
  • 19-06-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭

Email popped into my inbox today about the lockable bike storage units at various Irish Rail stations. The nearest one to me is Maynooth. Price is 100 per locker (inc 25 refundable deposit presumable when you hand back the key). I had rang them ages ago and had been told the price was going to be close to 50 per anum :eek:

Anyways, email below.

At very long last we can now offer you our Bike Lockers to Rent at your Station and at another 14 Stations in the greater Dublin Area.
    Bike Lockers will take your bike, helmet, lights and your wet gear in a single locker that is yours and only yours 24/7.

By renting a Bike Locker you know that when you arrive at your station you have a place to lock away your bike.
    It won't be on a rack, a pole or tree where people can interfere with it.
    Our Bike Locker is totally self contained and your bike is out of sight.
    And it is reserved solely for you and your bike. That means you can leave it over night. And your saddle will be dry everyday.

The cost to rent is €75.00 a year which is just €1.45 per week. This includes vat at 23% which we have to charge you.
    We would also need a refundable deposit of €25.00 for the lock and key.

If you would like to rent a Bike Locker or just want more information on this unique offering please contact us;
    By email rent@bikelocker.ie,
    By text or phone +353 87 644 2322
    By our web site www.bikelocker.ie

We look forward to hearing from you very soon. Regards, Richard Strahan

oyDGGl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

BX 19 wrote: »
    Email popped into my inbox today about the lockable bike storage units at various Irish Rail stations. The nearest one to me is Maynooth. Price is 100 per locker (inc 25 refundable deposit presumable when you hand back the key). I had rang them ages ago and had been told the price was going to be close to 50 per anum :eek:

Anyways, email below.

oyDGGl.jpg

Looks pretty cool. Could see it taking off at other non-rail locations if successful. (Would be great if we didn't need such a thing but C'Est La Vie)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

They look the business, hope the locks are good and strong.

Next step, have a proper system for letting people bring bikes onto the trains.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The locks don't look the sturdiest to me?

That looks like it could easily be prised open with a crowbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Looks like they lock at the top, bottom and middle section.
    With a crowbar you could get through 90% of door locks. With a crowbar and time, you could get through 99.9% of doors :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Was only a matter of time before they figured a way to charge people for locking their bikes at the station.

Will there be ordinary bike parking spaces at these locations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

studiorat wrote: »
    Was only a matter of time before they figured a way to charge people for locking their bikes at the station.

Will there be ordinary bike parking spaces at these locations?

My station, Coolmine, has both-lockers and covered open air racks, which in fairness are much better lit. The lockers look good and sturdy, would be nice if you could use your own lock inside as a second defence

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heavywater

Surveyor11,

Any idea if you can use the lockers on an ad hoc basis or do you have to rent per annum?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I wonder what the insurance situation would be if your bike gets nicked from one of these......

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Nabber wrote: »
    With a crowbar and time, you could get through 99.9% of doors :)

Lol at user name and comment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squelch666

anyone use a bike locker and have any opinions on it???

i am thinking of signing up for the bike locker

will defo put my crapy racer in it

but i am not sure if how good it is for a real good racer that i hope to buy..my last one was robbed with the wheel taken off and a solid lock so i am weary of it happening again

• Advertisement
Advertisement