Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2012, 09:34   #1
paperclip2

SUSI-Grant Applications Open for 2012

Hi folks

Student Universal Support Ireland is now up and running for NEW grant applications:

https://www.grantsonline.ie/eseries/

People currently in receipt of a grant should contact their original grant provider if continuing into the next year of their course. If you aren't sure where to apply contact SUSI:

Quote:
Where can I contact SUSI?

As part of SUSI’s support to students, there is a SUSI Support desk available in the lead up to and following the launch of the online application system for both email and telephone queries. You can email the SUSI Support Desk at support@susi.cdvec.ie

Or telephone us at 0761 08 7874

The SUSI Support Desk will be available from 9.00am-10.00pm (Monday-Friday) and 9.00am-6.00pm (Saturdays)
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-06-2012, 12:43   #2
weazlor

Quote:
Due to essential maintenance the site is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Any updates on this perchance?
01-07-2012, 00:15   #3
paul9mm

SUSI notification

Hi
Am applying as a mature student, completed the SUSI online application but no contact since June 12.
I emailed SUSI's contact email about developments and just got this reply this afternoon:

"..Dear X,
Thank you for your e-mail.
All applications submitted are being reviewed at the moment. You will receive a letter either provisionally approving your grant application or declining it shortly.

You can appeal the decision made if you are not satisfied with the result.
Should you require further assistance do not hesitate to contact us on 0761087874.

Kind Regards,
Y
SUSI Support Desk "

(Note: X = My name, Y = SUSI contact, have left off the paste for privacy)
05-07-2012, 21:25   #4
ditzyfairy

just filled out my application, i've accepted a place as a mature student but also qualify for Back to education allowance so have applied in the hope of having my fee's waived etc was talking to them on the helpline and they said it should take about 3-4weeks
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2012, 17:42   #5
Shryke
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyfairy View Post
just filled out my application, i've accepted a place as a mature student but also qualify for Back to education allowance so have applied in the hope of having my fee's waived etc was talking to them on the helpline and they said it should take about 3-4weeks
I am in the same boat and in the process of applying. Thanks for the info. I should have all the details I need by tomorrow.

Quick tip for anyone applying. Do so in Internet Explorer. I was using Firefox and it was giving me some trouble. Trying to enter data into different fields was asking for trouble, just in case anyone has any problems there.
Advertisement
14-07-2012, 13:21   #6
W86indow

Hi all

I am a mature heading into 3rd year i receive BTEA during the year
this is my first year applying to have my fees paid

i just filled out the online application there on the 15th last sunday - now i have been talking to lots of people

and i know that the susi is going to send out application forms - but this office is doing it for the whole country !! -

so why have they not sent out the forms yet - we have 8 weeks until im back to the IT - i don't understand why they are leaving it so late ?? there is hundreds of thousands of students - how are they going to process all these application forms ??

i never applied for a grant before but i heard even when you were applying to local vec there was big delays
16-07-2012, 18:53   #7
jewell

I'm a mature student going into 3rd year in UCC, in receipt of BTEA, i have had my registration fees paid for last 2 yrs. When I checked on Cork County Council website, it says if you are currently in receipt of grant you apply to the local council same as before and when I click where it says 'click here' I'm redirected to SUSI, very confused as to where I'm supposed to apply for my grant.

Could anyone shed any light on where/Who I'm supposed to send in my application?

Thanks a mill, J
17-07-2012, 09:30   #8
paperclip2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewell View Post
I'm a mature student going into 3rd year in UCC, in receipt of BTEA, i have had my registration fees paid for last 2 yrs. When I checked on Cork County Council website, it says if you are currently in receipt of grant you apply to the local council same as before and when I click where it says 'click here' I'm redirected to SUSI, very confused as to where I'm supposed to apply for my grant.

Could anyone shed any light on where/Who I'm supposed to send in my application?

Thanks a mill, J
Hi Jewell,

Yes its Cork CC that should be covering your grant this year. Did they send you out a letter regarding any changes in circumstances since your last application?
Afaik there is no online application for VEC or County Council grants this year.
Perhaps you could give the Corporate Affairs office in Cork CC a ring: (021) 4285519.
19-07-2012, 20:46   #9
ghpeople

Hi guys,

I've a confusing situation; that I don't know what to enter on my app.
I've organised all my paperwork - the only problem is that I've no proof of residence that goes to where I'm living.

I share a house with my brother and his girlfriend; but my bank statements have always gone to my home address and my only bill (phone) goes to my work address.

Can I still enter mature independent? Someone suggested I might be able to get a signed letter from commissioner of oaths or someone like that to state that they know I live at other address.

I'll be moving to Dublin soon for college; so I'm not sure whether to suffer thru this year and reapply for 2nd year :/

Thanks a mill
Advertisement
23-07-2012, 20:35   #10
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpeople View Post
Hi guys,

I've a confusing situation; that I don't know what to enter on my app.
I've organised all my paperwork - the only problem is that I've no proof of residence that goes to where I'm living.

I share a house with my brother and his girlfriend; but my bank statements have always gone to my home address and my only bill (phone) goes to my work address.

Can I still enter mature independent? Someone suggested I might be able to get a signed letter from commissioner of oaths or someone like that to state that they know I live at other address.

I'll be moving to Dublin soon for college; so I'm not sure whether to suffer thru this year and reapply for 2nd year :/

Thanks a mill
Do you not have anything at all - tax certs? anything at all?
23-07-2012, 20:45   #11
ghpeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango salsa View Post
Do you not have anything at all - tax certs? anything at all?
Fraid not... they've always been sent to my parent's house address. I think I'll have to put down mature dependent - not hope of if being accepted tho. Maybe next year when I'm in Dub, I can just reapply for 2nd year?

Argh a lotta scrimping and saving to be done in a few weeks methinks!!
24-07-2012, 21:16   #12
paperclip2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpeople View Post
Fraid not... they've always been sent to my parent's house address. I think I'll have to put down mature dependent - not hope of if being accepted tho. Maybe next year when I'm in Dub, I can just reapply for 2nd year?

Argh a lotta scrimping and saving to be done in a few weeks methinks!!
Ghpeople, afaik if you start a course as a mature dependent candidate you keep that status for the duration of the course. So even if you have a provable independent address for 2nd year it may not be taken into account.
(2) thanks from:
25-07-2012, 10:29   #13
ghpeople

Oh lord! Thanks paperclip... better get onto them and see what I can do so!! Thanks for the heads up!
25-07-2012, 12:47   #14
ditzyfairy

could you change the address with the bank and then get them to send you out a statement?
25-07-2012, 22:40   #15
madcharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewell View Post

Thanks a mill, J
Hey , SUSI is only for new applicants , Existing applicants contact their relevant VECS .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion