Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blatter's football bets

Options
  • 10-06-2012 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

Said I'd open up a log to keep track of all bets in an attempt to weed out the silly ones.

Highly unlikely to lose this first one;

25 on Italy to receive the first card @7/5 (bet victor)

25 on Spain to receive first card @6/4 (bet365)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No cards would be a pain in the hole though eh? ;)

Best of luck with this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »
    No cards would be a pain in the hole though eh? ;)

Best of luck with this :)

33/1 on PP for no cards :p

Nah, I'd be hugely surprised if there was no cards. I can see the Italians attempting a containment job for the majority of the match so I think the value is with them on the card market. Balotelli, Ramos, De Rossi, Alonso and Balzaretti are all no stranger to the yellow card either.

Considering a small bet on Iniesta man of the match at 8/1 on bet365 as well. I thought he was brilliant in his last game for Barca against Bilbao a few weeks ago so he could well carry that on. Will wait until the lineup is announced to see where he's playing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Good Luck Blatter :)

10 on Croatia to win to nil @13/5 on totesport, then 10 (free bet) on Croatia to win @13/10.

Betvictor rang me and said the price on Italy to be first team carded was wrong and was actually 4/7. :mad:

Annoying as I had already placed the bet on Spain on bet365 but will only lose around 2 euro as I put 40 on Italy to get first booking at 4/7 to cancel it out.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Best of luck Blatter, will keep half an eye on this.

Thanks lads, will be keeping an eye on your ones as well.

50 on Spain DNB @1/4. Haven't decided what I'll do for the free bet in play yet. Possibly just a Spain win or maybe if I think Italy are a little loose in the first 10 mins or so I might take a chance on Spain -1.

Fabregas to score 2 or more, 40/1 on PP. 10 on it. Also 10 on him to score anytime at 4/1.

Right, I did a fair few bets since I've updated this last. Will tot up profit/loss as of now.

First off I lost 2.5 because of the BV and changing their price on Italy as first team to get carded.

10 on Croatia to win to nil @13/5 - Lost 10

10 on Croatia to win @13/10 - Won 13

5 on Croatia -1 @7/2 - Won 17.5

5 on Croatia -2 (in play) @15/8 - Lost 5

2 on Croatia to win 5-1 @12/1 - Lost 2

50 on Spain DNB @1/4 - Refunded

50 on Spain to win @5/6 - Refunded

10 on Italy to win in play @5/1 (was worried they were well in the game) - Lost 10

10 on Fabregas anytime @4/1 - Won 40

10 on Fabregas to score two or more @40/1 - Lost 10

2.5 on Fabregas FGS @10/1 - Lost 2.5

Profit of €31 on the day.

Couple of other bets I got yesterday before the prices changed.

50 on Spain to beat Ireland @4/11

50 on Spain -1 v Ireland @11/10

5 on Spain -2 v Ireland @12/5 (PP still have this price)

Reasoning is that Spain need to beat us after their draw with Italy, and goal difference may well be playing on their mind because there's now a decent chance that it could be a factor when it comes to topping the group.

• Advertisement

€10 free bet on Welbeck FGS @10/1. He's been fairly goal shy throughout the season but has 3 goals in his last 3 starts for club and country, think there's value on him.

€25 fee bet with BV on Santos v Corinthians @17/20.

Italy v Croatia, over 2.5 goals @6/4. €13 on it.

I think there's value here because Croatia will feel they need to win after the Italians managed a draw with Spain. I doubt Croatia will be confident of achieving a similar result against them, so might feel beating Italy is their best chance of qualification. I think Italy showed against Spain that they like to attack also.

I have done a double of Italy and Spain, 2/1

Croatia will have to attack Italy, which plays into their hands I feel and would fancy the Italians to get a win that guarantees their passage to the next round, and I added in Spain cause, well they playing Ireland. Boosts it to 2/1

Unlucky with the Italy game Kryo, lost out on over 2.5 in that one myself.

Anyway, had quite a few bets since I've last logged them in here. Note; Not including the lost free bets above (25 on Santos and 10 on Welbeck FGS), as actual losses, obviously enough.

50 on Spain to win v Ireland @4/11 - Won 18

50 on Spain -1 v Ireland @11/10 - Won 55

5 on Santos to win in play (0-1 down) @15/4 - Lost 5

13 on Italy v Croatia, over 2.5 goals @6/4 - Lost 13

5 on Spain -2 v Ireland @12/5 - Won 12

10 on Spain -3 v Ireland @11/2 (nice price on Ladbrokes) - Won 55

10 on Andres Iniesta Man of the Match v Ireland @6/1 - Lost 10 (Slightly annoyed with this because I genuinely though he was the best player on the pitch last night but Torres getting 2 goals meant that he was always likely to get it)

5 on Iniesta next GS @17/2 in play - Lost 5

So profit of €107 over today, can't really complain about that. :)

Overall profit = €138

Bet for tomorrow is 20 on Ukraine v France @11/10.

Was impressed with France against England, really thought they should have won. I know Ukraine have home advantage, but I don't see their defense holding off the French in the same way England were able to.

Also just put 20 on Croatia v Spain @5/6. Spain were just so good last night (even taking into account that Ireland are ****e, I think Spain have hit form), I can't see them not beating Croatia regardless of the fact they'll probably only need a draw to top the group.

Have 5 on Spain -1 @7/4 as well.

74.5 on England to have 55.9% or less possession against Sweden @10/11 (Stanjames)

I know Sweden don't hold onto the ball well either, but England are just as bad. They are apparently going to play Carroll up front with Welbeck, with Gerrard and Parker on their own in the centre again. I'd be very surprised if they had 56% possession or over. Anders Svensson coming into midfield for Sweden as well and he is pretty good in possession. I think there's good value here.

Edit: Just for some cover I've put 50 on England to have over 53.5% possession @evens on BV to recoup a fair chunk of money of England were to get 56% or over.

If England get 54 or 55% possession, I am well in the money! :pac:

Well spotted

5 on Welbeck to score and England to win @13/2 (enhanced)

He's in good form, think this is decent value.

Another 10 on France to win @6/5. Like the way they're playing, look like they'll create loads.

Also 2 on Benzema next assist @9/1. Great at teeing people up and Menez, Ribery are getting in behind. Had 15 assists for Real last season.

5 on Benzema anytime at 21/10.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »

Also 2 on Benzema next assist @9/1. Great at teeing people up and Menez, Ribery are getting in behind. Had 15 assists for Real last season.

lol, 2 assists. Benzema is great at creating things, he's not just your typical striker. Now if he could just put it in the net himself and it's happy days.

Another good day yesterday I must say.

20 on Ukraine v France @11/10 - Won 22

10 on Ukraine v France @6/5 - Won 12

2 on Benzema next assist @9/1 - Won 18

5 on Benzema to score anytime @21/10 - Lost 5

74.5 on England to have 55.9% possession or less @10/11 - Won 67.5

50 on England to have over 53.5% possession @evens (to cover most of previous bet) - Lost 50

5 on Sweden v England and Welbeck anytime @13/2 (enhanced) - Won 32.5

Profit of €97 for the day.

Overall profit = €235

20 on Czech Republic v Poland DNB @6/10.

I think the Czechs are a poor side and I was very impressed with Poland the other night. I think they'll be fired up tonight and fancy them to win. Would certainly be surprised if they lost.

10 on Lewandowkski to score and Poland to win @5/1 (enhanced).

As said above, I fancy Poland to win and this is too good of a price to turn down.

-30 from yesterday, last time I'm relying on Poland.

10 on Ronaldo next goalscorer in play @8/1 on bet365. Portugal creating all the chances now and Ronaldo looking dangerous and scored already, those odds are just too good to turn down.

Blatter wrote: »
    10 on Ronaldo next goalscorer in play @8/1 on bet365. Portugal creating all the chances now and Ronaldo looking dangerous and scored already, those odds are just too good to turn down.

Get in there my son!

Overall profit = €285

3 on Balotelli FGS v Ireland @5/1. Thought he played well against Croatia and is the most likely to open to scoring tonight, playing just ahead of Cassano. Edit: No starting, found out he had been a slight injury doubt.

5 on Andres Iniesta Man of the Match v Croatia @9/2. Any sort of price past 3/1 is value on this imo, the guy is just in sensational form.

25 on Spain/Italy double @2/1 (enhanced)

5 on di Natalie wincast @2.62

5 on Cassano MOM @6/1.

20 on Croatia v Spain @5/6 - Won 16.5

5 on Spain -1 @7/4 - Lost 5

3 on Balotelli FGS @5/1 - Bet refunded (wasn't on field for first goal)

5 on Di Natale wincast @2.62 - Lost 5

5 on Andres Iniesta MOM @9/2 - Won 22.5

5 on Antonio Cassano MOM @6/1 - Won 30

25 on Italy/Spain double (enhanced) @2/1 - Won 50

Profit for today = €109

Overall profit = €394

10 on Frankel to win the 2.30 Ascot and Rooney to score anytime v Ukraine @3/1

25 on England/France double @4/1

3 on Rooney wincast @5/1

5 on Welbeck anytime @13/5 (Money back if Rooney scores)

• Advertisement

10 on Frankel to win the 2.30 Ascot and Rooney to score anytime v Ukraine @3/1 - Won 30

25 on England/France double @4/1 - Lost 25

3 on Rooney wincast @5/1 - Won 15

5 on Welbeck anytime @13/5 (Money back if Rooney scores) - Bet refunded

Profit for the day = €20

Overall profit = €414

Advertisement