Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Logo Dimensions

Options
  • 08-06-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I enjoy doing Tech. Drawing and I really wanted to have a go at the Apple Logo but I can't find the needed dimensions(measurements) to do so...

If anybody could give me the dimensions to this logo it would be greatly appreciated.

-Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You'll need to contact Apple directly but they will probably decline your request. That type of data is typically only shared with their advertising agencies and the companies who manufacturer their packaging, on condition that it is not shared with third parties.

Sharing that data just makes it easier for counterfeiters and legally they may feel that their copyright in the images is compromised by giving you the data to faithfully reproduce the logo, however innocent your motives.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hi,
    I enjoy doing Tech. Drawing and I really wanted to have a go at the Apple Logo but I can't find the needed dimensions(measurements) to do so...

If anybody could give me the dimensions to this logo it would be greatly appreciated.

-Cian

Scan it yourself and dimension it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,091 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

coylemj wrote: »
    Sharing that data just makes it easier for counterfeiters and legally they may feel that their copyright in the images is compromised by giving you the data to faithfully reproduce the logo, however innocent your motives.
    It doesn't really.
    A high resolution image is easy to get online. Much more usable in terms of counterfeiting than the set out dimensions.
    godtabh wrote: »
    Scan it yourself and dimension it

I would say that a lot easier said than done. The overall size and corners etc could be positioned. But the curve radii and centrepoints are a lot trickier

• Registered Users Posts: 2 youtubevlz

pls contact me, i will help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Just google apple logo construction, its based on a fibbonacci sequence of circles, im on my fone, so cant link, but it looks like something i might try to draw up tomorrow/ today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,091 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just google apple logo construction, its based on a fibbonacci sequence of circles, im on my fone, so cant link, but it looks like something i might try to draw up tomorrow/ today

i seen that image when google the construction.
    It's a fake. Looks good at first, but when you look closely (or actually try to draw is using that as a guide) it becomes obvious that the spiral, and circles are superficial. The size 8 circle is the only one that is really related to the outline, so it might be useful for the OP to know which are the same curve. But for the most part, the rest are just stuck in as randomly palces and slightly off their supposed size.
    Try it an you get stuck quickly.

tumblr_lmy664hFII1qlzfx0o1_r2_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cian Weldon

I'd just like to say I'm looking for the dimensions in some sort of real measurements, ie: CM, MM, INCHES,

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Print screen an image of it, trace it in a cad program and it will give you dimensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

I'd just like to say I'm looking for the dimensions in some sort of real measurements, ie: CM, MM, INCHES,

It's all relative to the use of the logo no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If you enjoy tech drawing, you should figure it out yourself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement