Plagarism - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-06-2012, 14:59   #1
upthebanner 1

Plagarism

Ok i am doing the Hibernia and have just recieved an email saying I am being cited for plagarism. I used an essay which was given to me by Irish Teacher in Secondary School for this Iirsh essay and didn't think I needed to reference it. There was also oner or two lines which I used form anonline source but failed to reference - stupid I know!!

Before ye start tearing me to shreds for being so stupid and incompetent what are the likely sanctions to be imposed on me?
Advertisement
07-06-2012, 18:21   #2
ShamoBuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthebanner 1 View Post
Ok i am doing the Hibernia and have just recieved an email saying I am being cited for plagarism. I used an essay which was given to me by _ Irish Teacher in Secondary School for this Iirsh essay and didn't think I needed to reference it. There was also oner or two lines which I used form anonline source but failed to reference - stupid I know!!

Before ye start tearing me to shreds for being so stupid and incompetent what are the likely sanctions to be imposed on me?
I would like to think you proof read your essay more than your post

I am not familiar with Hibernia but have you checked out their website?
Did they not give you any indications of the possible sanctions in the email?
Sanctions could involve..... getting a fail mark or none at all for the essay...... having to do another essay on a different topic....repeat the year.....public stoning.....

Actually, haven't they got a section on their website where you can ask them questions? Try there.
10-06-2012, 23:01   #3
D4RK ONION

ShamoBuc, I realise you're only having a bit of fun, but there's no need for the spelling jab. Unless the post is completely in txt spk, a few errors really shouldn't be mentioned

Plagirism was taken very seriously in Mary I. A few students from my year plagiarised an essay and had to repeat the module again (stay back, essentially). I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to you. For next time, make sure you cite all your sources!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion