Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Brick Bug v1.0

Options
  • 07-06-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Well I have the bug on my i9100. Never even knew the bug existed. I should really spend more time on xda. The amount of times I wiped data/factory restored and also done a Nandroid backup restore on my device without knowing is unreal. It's mostly down to the kernel and I use Siyahkernel, so maybe he knew about the bug and changed code to get around the bug, as I never bricked the device yet and I keep changing ROM's, wipe data/factory restore and also restore Backups. Well here is the app if anybody wants to check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Have 0x19 too, have done a lot of flashing and wiping, for over a year and no problems, I guess I never flashed any Stock kernels.

The moral of the story seems to be:
    Anyone planning on returning their GS2 to stock -usually for the purpose of selling it (seems to be happening a lot lately with S3 coming out) should read the link in the post above and the background to it.

A lot of it seems like scaremongering though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭G1032

Never even heard of this before. Going to check now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭G1032

Mine is an unknown chip. Don't know if it's dangerous.......!!!

Advertisement