Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola RAZR on amazon.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

but do they deliver to ireland?price is good although its not the latest model

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Looks like they will - I went through to the stage where you pay for it, credit card is out of date so could go no further, but if it wasn't going to deliver to Ireland, it wouldn't leave you get to that stage. Dunno how much shipping would be - would like to know, tempted to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

I did go as far as final order (just did not order it :)) Shipping is €7.25. The total came to €316.25 (including shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Nice handset certainly but the Galaxy S2 would still be higher regarded, even though thats still a bit more expensive, there are plenty of them going for under €300 on adverts and donedeal since the S3 has come out, and there is a 24 month warranty on them, not sure what warranty there is on Moto phones

This is certainly a fine buy still, one of the thinnest smartphones ever

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_razr_xt910-4273.php

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/motorola-razr-1039225/review

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/07/motorola-droid-razr-review/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Jarren wrote: »
    cais wrote: »
    I did go as far as final order (just did not order it :)) Shipping is €7.25. The total came to €316.25 (including shipping)

Presume its the same shipping for the Pro+ - seriously considering getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

SE are based in Hongkong.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

They also constantly crash/freeze Firefox for some reason with me.

Also, beware of Amazon.de if you're buying a phone with a QWERTY keyboard because they are QWERTZ instead. Just saying why. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

This phone is huge btw, a joke tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

rom wrote: »
    This phone is huge btw, a joke tbh

What phone are you on? The world's moved on you know!

The Razr is a very capable phone. With horsepower like that you need a big screen to bring out the graphics capability of the device.

I had originally considered the Razr when I was in the market for a new phone some months ago, but decided on the Samsung Galaxy Note. Though a bit expensive than the Razr, the Note had some features I just had to have that other smartphones did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just pointing it out... :)
    The Android version of this phone has been on sale in the US for $149 for a while (Albeit with Verizon wireless, It wasn't initially on a service plan, not sure now)..

But i'd imagine it will come over here sooner then later at a similar price.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-RAZR-MAXX-Wireless/dp/B0071G0KR4

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Allyall wrote: »
    Just pointing it out... :)
    The Android version of this phone has been on sale in the US for $149 for a while (Albeit with Verizon wireless, It wasn't initially on a service plan, not sure now)..

But i'd imagine it will come over here sooner then later at a similar price.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-RAZR-MAXX-Wireless/dp/B0071G0KR4
    That's for signing up to a contract. For the phone only it comes up at 649.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

GobBass wrote: »
    They also constantly crash/freeze Firefox for some reason with me.

Also, beware of Amazon.de if you're buying a phone with a QWERTY keyboard because they are QWERTZ instead. Just saying why. :D:D

I think that only matters when theres physical buttons :) when your using touchscreen just switch the keyboard and os language to english.

Presume its the same shipping for the Pro+ - seriously considering getting one

Should have done it yesterday - Pro+ went up back up to 323, was down to 159 yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Hey anyone get the
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX from amazon.de -- it should work without issues right?....
    Although ...simplyelectronics.net does have the phone for sale too

I take it upgrading the OS from 2.3 to ICS is straight forward...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 34 necromundia

Can anyone bump this thread up? I would like to know if anyone has had previous experience with purchasing items, specifically smartphones from amazon.de or simplyelectronics.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

I bought a phone from Amazon. De about 18 months ago, and would have no problem ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Can anyone bump this thread up? I would like to know if anyone has had previous experience with purchasing items, specifically smartphones from amazon.de or simplyelectronics.net
    Lots of people buy from Amazon.de without issue, some people even report faster delivery than the UK amazon. Don't go near simply electronics though, you will regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I buy most of our work phones phones between amazon.de and amazon.co.uk and have never had an issue. If a handset is problematic at the start it is easy to return as they provide free shipping labels and all to send them back.
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    Lots of people buy from Amazon.de without issue, some people even report faster delivery than the UK amazon. Don't go near simply electronics though, you will regret it.

this is generally true. Damn those Germans and the efficiency

Happy Thursday Justsomebloke. Thanks for the information. Would you also know if the keyboard on e.g. a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx would be QWERTZ or QWERTY. I assume that I could change the layout of the keyboard on a smartphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Happy Thursday Justsomebloke. Thanks for the information. Would you also know if the keyboard on e.g. a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx would be QWERTZ or QWERTY. I assume that I could change the layout of the keyboard on a smartphone.

As that phone doesn't have a physical keyboard you should be able to set the keyboard layout either way.

Physical keyboard do tend to be QWERTZ though

As that phone doesn't have a physical keyboard you should be able to set the keyboard layout either way.

Thanks for the information. I shall now purchase the phone.

Depends on where the item is located, they have a huge logistics center outside Amsterdam, I find stuff from that one comes the quickest, even when you purchase something from Amazon.de and have it delivered to an address in Germany ;)

E.G. Ordered a box there that was delivered yesterday, came from Graben in Germany (way down near Munich) took three days to get here.

Ordered something else from Amazon.de and it came from Amsterdam and was here next day.

No difference between .de .fr. co.uk really ... all the stuff comes from the same places.

You just have to be aware, as a previous poster said that something coming from .de or .fr with have a qwerty or an azwery keyboard unless otherwise specifically stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I always thought that a lot of stuff from .co.uk actually comes from within Ireland?

I always thought that a lot of stuff from .co.uk actually comes from within Ireland?

Naw ... total pot luck .. I ordered a set of Linksys powerline adapters on amazon.co.uk and their coming from Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I had very bad experience as my mobile from amazon.de broke and i had to sent it twice to Germany for warranty repair. No service here or UK would take it for warranty repair. As it's still behaving erratically (my phone) seems like I am going to get cert from German language soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i wish there were some decent new phones with physical keyboards :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

zom wrote: »
    I had very bad experience as my mobile from amazon.de broke and i had to sent it twice to Germany for warranty repair. No service here or UK would take it for warranty repair. As it's still behaving erratically (my phone) seems like I am going to get cert from German language soon.

You really should insist on the replacement before sending your phone second
    time.Amazon uk/de/fr/it etc are very good with handling the returns/replacements /refunds.

Advertisement