Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scottish Police Service Recruitment

Options
  • 04-06-2012 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

As many of you have possibly seen, four Scottish Police Services (and one English - Surrey) are recruiting. I am from Northern Ireland and am interested in perhaps trying out; I'm wondering if anyone is able to give a basic idea on the assessment centre and if it's much different to that of the PSNI's? (obviously I know that you cannot discuss it exactly). Just wondering like is it role play style scenarios, written role plays, situational interviews.. or what? I'm trying to decide if I should use one of my two strikes left of the three that you're allowed to try out for UK police services.. (why is that by the way? lol). Anyone in the same situation? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

P.S. is the sample maths paper that they offer on the website really like the real thing? Cuz I know that the one that PSNI offer on the website as a sample is nothing like the real thing.. the real PSNI maths test is full of tables and graphs and timetables etc etc and you have to read about 50 different tables and graphs to just get one answer... so does anyone know if the real Scottish Police maths test is the same calibre of questions as the sample one that they provide? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I will pm you a link to a book I bought.

I bought this when I first applied to the PSNI. Basically it just gives you tips on applying and what sort of tests you might do. There are probably better ones out there, but there is a few practice maths and paragraph tests in it and if I'm not mistaken it tells you the time it should take you to do each one. It also tells you what way the whole selection process is set out.

Advertisement