Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rose xeon crs 3000

Options
  • 12-05-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

anyone got one let me know what you think should i buy one ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

How many people have heard of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

yes, buy it (just to let us know)

...though on paper, this is better value
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1848/a58577/spire-6-0-carbon.html?mfid=52

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AtomMcC

I ordered the Xeon CRS 3100 a few weeks back. It's pretty much the same as the 3000. Haven't received it yet though. I'll let you know what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

stephentri wrote: »

The CRS 3000 is the Shimano Ultegra version of the SRAM Force-equipped CRS4400 that beat the opposition in a £2000 group test in June's Cycling Plus Mag. The 4400 is €2249, €50 more than the 3000

They said "An irresistible cocktail of light weight, high spec and raw speed". Sounds nice to me.

The CRS 3100 is Di2 equipped. Sounds even nicer, even @ €2749 ...

Have a look @ rosebikes.com. Worth checking out - even if only for the huge catalogue they will post to you foc ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

stephentri wrote: »

Depends on what sort of riding you are planning on doing - judging by the reviews it may not be the most comfortable for sportives and long days out.

mp31 wrote: »
    Depends on what sort of riding you are planning on doing - judging by the reviews it may not be the most comfortable for sportives and long days out.

Rose have a configurator on their site. This allows you to "tune" the spec to your own preferences. Things like saddles, tyres, wheels, pedals, seatposts, gearing (triple, double, compact, options on casettes), bars and bar tape, stem, spacers, etc, etc are all changeable to suit your needs.

AtomMcC - did you get your bike yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

route66 wrote: »
    Rose have a configurator on their site. This allows you to "tune" the spec to your own preferences. Things like saddles, tyres, wheels, pedals, seatposts, gearing (triple, double, compact, options on casettes), bars and bar tape, stem, spacers, etc, etc are all changeable to suit your needs.

A stiff frame is a stiff frame - I'm not sure this tuning thing will change that significantly. But then again the OP hasn't specified what he plans to use the bike for so all this talk about comfort may be irrelevant (even if it is quite interesting :) )

Haven't received the bike yet. Its due to be shipped next week. I've been saving 3 and a half years for it and am like a child waiting for Christmas. Surely its bound to be more comfy than my 20 year old steel Raleigh (which is my current bike).

AtomMcC wrote: »
    Haven't received the bike yet. Its due to be shipped next week. I've been saving 3 and a half years for it and am like a child waiting for Christmas. Surely its bound to be more comfy than my 20 year old steel Raleigh (which is my current bike).

I'd say you'll notice a difference ...

Very interested to hear how you get on.

• Advertisement

I'd say you'll notice a difference ...

Very interested to hear how you get on.

Will keep you updated.
    I have configured the bike a little as you've mentioned. Hope it helps comfort wise.

Will keep you updated.
    I have configured the bike a little as you've mentioned. Hope it helps comfort wise.

Did you get this yet?

Did you get this yet?
    Still no bike yet. The bikes are all built to spec. and they're assembly shop was booked out.
    I've had to wait 6 weeks until the assembly started, then another 8 working days for assembly and checks to be completed. Unfortunately the bike is in a box somewhere between Germany & Ireland at the moment. (Dorsten to be precise). I've had to be very patient on this one but the end is in sight.
    I reckon I'll have it by next Wednesday.

So, my bike finally arrived today. It took 5 working days to get here from Germany and it was worth the wait.
    Out of the box, very little assembly was required. Front wheel, saddle & seatpost, and adjustments to the handlebars / stem were necessary.
    I've had an issue with the derailleur hanger but I'm waiting on Rose to get back to me on it.
    How does it look? Well I'm very very happy with the purchase. The shape, colour and graphics are spot-on.
    The important stuff, how does it ride? The frame is as bleedin stiff as a poker! 100% of what you throw at it will push this thing forward. The prologo saddle is very comfy (I opted for the Nago Evo Nack). I also changed the handlebars, stem and seatpost to 3T as I liked the look of their stuff. No vibrations so far through seat or handlebars.
    It will need a few serious kms before a final judgement can be made but so far, so very good. I'll update after a few weeks.
    Here are some photos of the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

That looks beautiful. Well wear.
    I'm delighted to see, that you matched it with the correctly coloured Garmin 500.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    That looks beautiful. Well wear.
    I'm delighted to see, that you matched it with the correctly coloured Garmin 500.
    Cheers. That was intentional. I'm in the middle of removing some of the bar tape to expose the 3T bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

Looks like it was worth the wait AtomMcC. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Looks really nice, best of luck with it. You'll have to put some photos in the PIOB thread. Like to hear how you like the Ultegra Ui2 in your followup.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dodgyd

Hi all, I registered on this forum just so I could comment on this thread (captcha nightmare! :) ). I've ordered a Xeon CRS 3100 with Carbones in black, mine is in transit right now, can't wait, hitting the DHL tracking site every 23 seconds!

Your bike looks amazing, so I feel encouraged, I chose Richey WCS components, except for the saddle (Selle Italia XLR).

Mine was dispatched on Tuesday, so hopefully it will be here soon!

What was the hanger problem you had?

Cheers fellas.

• Advertisement

dodgyd wrote: »
    Hi all, I registered on this forum just so I could comment on this thread (captcha nightmare! :) ). I've ordered a Xeon CRS 3100 with Carbones in black, mine is in transit right now, can't wait, hitting the DHL tracking site every 23 seconds!

Your bike looks amazing, so I feel encouraged, I chose Richey WCS components, except for the saddle (Selle Italia XLR).

Mine was dispatched on Tuesday, so hopefully it will be here soon!

What was the hanger problem you had?

Cheers fellas.

You'll be very pleased with your purchase indeed. I took it out for a rip last night and it is very comfy, holds line perfectly (no handlebar shaking whatsoever), loves corners, and is nimble on the hills. I had initial reservations about the carbones as they were heavier than expected but they spin up fast and are absolutely cracking when you get up to 40kph. Has to be tried to believe it.
    I'm over the moon with this bike.
    The issue I had with the hanger is that one of the screws holding it must have been overtightened, which inevitably rung the hanger threads. I've contacted Rose and am expecting a response soon. The hanger's not going anywhere though as it's being held by the other screw and the wheel.
    I was so tempted to go for a black frame like yours but changed to white at the very last minute. Post up some photos for us as soon as you get it.

P.S. When your package arrives in Ireland it is passed over to An Post. You can pop the DHL tracking number into the An Post tracking site so that you will get a more up to date tracking status. This avoids the delay in the DHL tracking.

P.S. When your package arrives in Ireland it is passed over to An Post. You can pop the DHL tracking number into the An Post tracking site so that you will get a more up to date tracking status. This avoids the delay in the DHL tracking.

Thanks mate, I would hit the 'thanks' button but I don't see one.

I'm in England so maybe DHL handle the whole thing here?

Thanks mate, I would hit the 'thanks' button but I don't see one.

I'm in England so maybe DHL handle the whole thing here?
    I think the package is passed over to Royal mail as soon as it enters England so you should still be able to track it.

I think the package is passed over to Royal mail as soon as it enters England so you should still be able to track it.

Spot on, just checked it on there and it's now passed to Parcelforce, same tracking number. Thanks again!

My bike arrived at the Liverpool Parcel Force depot last night, so rather than have them keep it until Monday, I drove over and picked it up this morning. I went for a ride on it and got wet on its maiden voyage! I would say it's stiffer than the Dolan Hercules it's replaced, but somehow it's also more comfortable, it seems to reduce the vibration from rough roads which is a surprise.

The wheels are great, I have a stack of 60mm valved inner tubes, but not sure if they'll fit or not.

Here 'she' is parked outside the famous Eureka Cyclist's Cafe.

bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭torydiver

My bike arrived at the Liverpool Parcel Force depot last night, so rather than have them keep it until Monday, I drove over and picked it up this morning. I went for a ride on it and got wet on its maiden voyage! I would say it's stiffer than the Dolan Hercules it's replaced, but somehow it's also more comfortable, it seems to reduce the vibration from rough roads which is a surprise.

The wheels are great, I have a stack of 60mm valved inner tubes, but not sure if they'll fit or not.

bike.jpg

Looks beautiful,
    Looking forward to some more feedback as could be looking for one myself later in year,
    enjoy........

bike.jpg
    Looks great! Love the black finish. Best of luck with it.
    I agree, the wheels are very good and comfort is surprising for a stiff frame.
    I took mine racing on Thursday and came 6th, it performed flawlessly. Not bad for it's (and my) first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Balnog

The issue I had with the hanger is that one of the screws holding it must have been overtightened, which inevitably rung the hanger threads. I've contacted Rose and am expecting a response soon. The hanger's not going anywhere though as it's being held by the other screw and the wheel.

Did you ever get a satisfactory response from Rose, I'm considering ordering from them as well but have been wondering what the after-sales support would be like.

Also when you configured the bike did they take your measurements into account when selecting stem/crack lengths etc, or did you have to get the geometry sorted yourself.

• Advertisement

Balnog wrote: »
    Did you ever get a satisfactory response from Rose, I'm considering ordering from them as well but have been wondering what the after-sales support would be like.

Also when you configured the bike did they take your measurements into account when selecting stem/crack lengths etc, or did you have to get the geometry sorted yourself.

I did indeed get a satisfactory response from Rose. The derailleur hanger threads were a little damaged so I contacted them and they sent a new hanger out by DHL. They actually offered to take the bike back and re-ship to me. Their after sales team is very good. No problems there.
    Finding the correct size of frame online certainly worried me. I would have preferred the "try before you buy" approach. But thst's the way it goes shopping online.
    Size wise, I'm 5'7". The recommended size for the frame for me by Rose Bikes was 55cm.
    As a back-up I also used the Competitive Cyclist Fit Calculator (http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO) It's quite involved but very useful. It suggested a 54cm frame for me.
    Based on this I selected a 55cm frame but specified a 90mm stem instead of a 100mm stem. Cranks are 170mm, same as every other bike I've used. I specified 3T bars in my configuration so I also specified 44cm instead of 42cm as the bars are narrower on the hoods than the drops (size specified is at the drops). I believe it would be the same for FSA compact drop bars too.
    I can honestly say that the bike is a good fit. I would have gotten away with a 53cm frame with 100mm stem either.
    Hope your shopping goes to plan!!

Advertisement