Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgan Sparrow - RIP

Options
  • 05-05-2012 2:12pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm very sorry to announce that Irish Road Club member Morgan Sparrow passed away this morning following an accident in Thursday night's race.
    "ANNOUNCEMENT 5TH May 2012

On Thursday 3rd May at the Interclub League, one of the Usher Irish Road Club Members, Morgan Sparrow suffered a serious accident. He was transferred to Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown with serious head injuries.

It is with deepest regret that Usher Irish Road Club announces that at 07:50hrs on Saturday May 5th Morgan Sparrow passed away peacefully at Connolly Hospital.

A new member to the club, Morgan was making his return to Road Racing as an A4 having last competed at Junior Level over 20 years ago. He was one of five Usher Irish Road Club members who are also members of the Irish Air Corps, where he held the rank of Commandant and was Commanding Officer of 302 Squadron (Helicopters).

Usher Irish Road Club wish to extend their deepest sympathies to Morgan’s girlfriend, Ann and to all the Sparrow family at this very difficult time.

Funeral arrangements are still to be confirmed and will be announced on www.irishroadclub.com shortly."

Plenty of us here raced with Morgan in the league and I'm sure you'll want to express your sympathies to Morgan's family and his girlfriend.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Can we ask that we keep this thread for condolences. Given the circumstances and the fact there is an investigation under way into the accident, we feel it is inappropriate at this time to discuss it. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

RIP,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

RIP, thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Shocked to hear this, I knew Morgan from the air corps and recieved a call this morning (even though I have not been in the corps for over 10 years).

R.I.P.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Incredibly sad news. Thoughts are with his family and friends

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Bloody. Hell. :(

Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Very sorry to hear this news. May he rest in peace, and thoughts are with the family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Moggs was a great friend and classmate from the Army and then through flight training in Baldonnel.

He will be fondly remembered and sadly missed..

Ar dheis De go raibh a Anam dilis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

May he rest in peace, thoughts are with the family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clashextra

Very sad news indeed. May he rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

That's terrible news. Really sorry to hear that.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Shocking news. My thoughts are with his family and his girlfriend. Very, very sad to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

That's terrible, and shocking, news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jgflan

RIP Moggs. Hard to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Really shocked as a cyclist and an ex-AC colleague.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I didn't know him, but it's very sad news, RIP Morgan, and condolences to his family/friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Makes you think how vulnerable we are..

RIP Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's awful news. RIP Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOHN_70

RIP - Terrible news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Terrible news. Condolences to his girlfriend, family, friends and clubmates. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RIP. very sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

terrible terrible news. Words cannot explain how devastating this must be for his friends and family.

poor fella, my heart truly does go out to his friends and family.

RIP Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Terrible news, condolences to his family, friends & team mates. RIP Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

RIP Morgan - a true gentleman, spent a great week in his and the AC's company on Mizen to Malin 2 years' ago. Shocked by the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

RIP

Horrible news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

what a tragedy; life cut short.
    RIP, and condolences to his g/f and family

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04