Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rayman origins sequel trailer leaked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Should be bloody amazing! Just finished Rayman Origins, with its bastard of a difficulty level (I'll be having nightmares about the Land of the Livid Dead for weeks to come), so I'm really looking forward to this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm very interested in how the "Skylanders" aspect of it is going to work. But now it's starting to make complete sense why, on my model of Ezio i got with AC:Revelations, there is an "Assassins Creed Revelations" logo on the underside of the model...

[EXTREMELY FOOKIN EXCITED!]

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i have to say that rayman origins is one of the most beautiful games out there, and i only played it on vita. really looking forward to this one! looks like a LOT of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Anyone who thinks the whole motion controls thing is pointless, gimmicky crap needs to watch that trailer for the NFC stuff...now that is pointless, gimmicky crap.

The game looks lovely, but the more I see of the Wii U and its tablet controller, the more it looks like a fairly shallow "innovation." And did people notice the wire coming out of it in the vid? So maybe it's not even wireless now?!

I'd have preferred to see Nintendo retain the Wii Motion Plus as the main controller, while incorporating a thumbstick/disc-pad, and replacing the nunchuck with a smartphone-type device. That way, they could've used the screen idea without relegating a device they've barely done anything with so far to the status of "peripheral."

Instead, we could end up seeing the potential that they'd only really started to explore fully with Skyward Sword wasted, in favor of a controller you put ****ing action figures on. Wow, I'm so looking forward to playing games like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I'm very interested in how the "Skylanders" aspect of it is going to work. But now it's starting to make complete sense why, on my model of Ezio i got with AC:Revelations, there is an "Assassins Creed Revelations" logo on the underside of the model...

[EXTREMELY FOOKIN EXCITED!]

I would he surprised if that statue was compatible. More likely to be something included with Assasins Creed III or sold separately. It should have a chip at the bottom.

• Advertisement

Kinski wrote: »

Instead, we could end up seeing the potential that they'd only really started to explore fully with Skyward Sword wasted, in favor of a controller you put ****ing action figures on. Wow, I'm so looking forward to playing games like that.

Good example to show how limited you are looking at this. Who said anything about action figures all the way. What if you could out an empty bottle on the screen, frosted say, with a little led inside that turns whatever colour potion you just bought in that Zelda game. Then when you want to use it, pop it back on the screen...

It's a tiny bit gimmicky, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Oh and it is wireless still. The dev kits are just wired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andy!! wrote: »
    Good example to show how limited you are looking at this. Who said anything about action figures all the way. What if you could out an empty bottle on the screen, frosted say, with a little led inside that turns whatever colour potion you just bought in that Zelda game. Then when you want to use it, pop it back on the screen...

The gameplay & game look really beautiful. The controller though, is not appealing to me at this stage. The idea of constantly shifting my attention from the tv screen to a handheld screen will annoy the hell outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Andy!! wrote: »

I'd say it's very gimmicky. I'm sure that some games will have some fun things you can do with that, but as for whether there'll be anything that enhances the core gameplay of a Zelda, I'm not convinced. Don't mind it being there at all, but if this is one of the features that the first slew of games will be emphasizing, then I'd concerned...
    Oh and it is wireless still. The dev kits are just wired.

That's good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/37682/rayman-legends-video-doesnt-represent-final-game-ubisoft/

Ubisoft respond saying it's not representative of final game, and was a devkit unit.
    It's purpose was to show developers their goal.

Kinski wrote: »
    I'd say it's very gimmicky.

Is that always a bad thing? The term gimmicky seems to have gotten a bad rap :D Sometimes a gimmick can be good?

• Advertisement
Advertisement